Beat-Herder 2022

TheFullShaboo

• 2 months later...

Really looking forward to this now, first time going so not really sure what to expect! Only got the 3 day ticket so aiming to get there for 9ish Friday morning.

Is there a site map available anywhere? Cant seem to find one anywhere...

How big is the site? If by the time all the prime camping spots are taken are we likely to have a long walk back to tent?

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 8:52 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Really looking forward to this now, first time going so not really sure what to expect! Only got the 3 day ticket so aiming to get there for 9ish Friday morning.

How big is the site? If by the time all the prime camping spots are taken are we likely to have a long walk back to tent?

Loads of people won't come till the Friday (I can't come till after work) so you'll still have plenty of space.... but the site isn't very big anyway so maximum walk to the 'arena' is 5-10 min. Most camping areas can get fairly lively.

Can't quite remember, but I don't think they released a map in advance when I last went.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, croiz said:

Loads of people won't come till the Friday (I can't come till after work) so you'll still have plenty of space.... but the site isn't very big anyway so maximum walk to the 'arena' is 5-10 min. Most camping areas can get fairly lively.

Can't quite remember, but I don't think they released a map in advance when I last went.

Nice one for the info. Had tickets a few times but covid and a few stag dos have got in the way! Like the look of the toil trees stage, can see myself there quiet a bit! 

56 minutes ago, gregory said:

Have they announced day splits for this?

Think if you go through the artists on the website it tells you, but no actual day split style poster has been released. 

Friday - Chic, Saturday - Hot Chip and Sunday - The Wailers

• Like 1

Having never actually been to Beat-Herder, and never worked a festival before, I've just been accepted to work the bars this year! 🥳

It's one of my most local festivals, so a great chance to do something new and different without breaking the bank. Really looking forward to it. 😁 

On 7/4/2022 at 5:24 PM, gregory said:

Have they announced day splits for this?

Some have, eg. below... keep an eye on their socials

16 hours ago, theciderviking said:

Having never actually been to Beat-Herder, and never worked a festival before, I've just been accepted to work the bars this year! 🥳

It's one of my most local festivals, so a great chance to do something new and different without breaking the bank. Really looking forward to it. 😁 

Ace! It's small, friendly, cheap and very non-corporate! You'll enjoy!

May be an image of text that says "BH&DWMSC .The hBug Club Loose Articles FRI Nana Moon The Veese The BD3 Dubbers Beast Decoys Groovers in the Heart Tim Tan Underwood SAT •Paul Chuckle Pulp Friction. Steve Shaw Safe Obi Joe's Quiz Polly Amour Masters of the Scene Beat-Herder's Got Talent Andy Cap's Power hour! J-Bear and the Giants Jimmy Rummage Boogie Oogie Wonderland Dog House Derelicts The Beat Chics Ms McQ SUN .Mik Artistik's Ego Trip. Shane's Singo Musical Bingo Hair of the Dog Cabaret. •Chorna Roza Working Single Mums Sunday Swingers Club Disco Fling Knuckle Nana Moon and Friends TORAVE WWW.BEATHERDER.CO.UK BEAT-HERDER LANCASHIRE 14th 17th"

On 7/2/2022 at 8:52 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

First time for me too

Found this map on the planning application site

Screenshot_2022-07-07-21-18-58-838_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.52ed383e4bcd0c643af3ea00775079f0.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-07-21-19-32-750_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.cc1a3a3c497bf8c77a6c11fe780b0d64.jpg

• Like 1

Went in 2017 and had a really good time. So much work put into each stage by the organisers

Site isn't massive and easy to get around. you should get a camping spot no problem but I'd choose your spot carefully, can get rowdy at night and the whole thing is a bit druggy and dare I say a little chavvy in places. Best tip I can give is to pick a spot near expensive tents, more likely to be an older crowd. 

You could take a couple of cans into the main festival site per visit when I went, although bar prices were very reasonable at the time. 

Loved the working men's club, spent a lot of time in there but every stage is worth a visit. The castle can be full on and definitely the most druggy of all the stages. Didn't see any trouble anywhere and everyone's up for a good time. 

Edited by DDave

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Anyone at the festival today and able to kindly share the set times from the program? 

One more shift at work and then I’m heading up early tomorrow!

Yeah I really thought the times would be published.... have they never done that before?

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Supermerv said:

Considering Beatherder for next year, went to Boomtown for the first time this year, anyone been to both and able to tell me how they compare?

Same but different. Beatherder is smaller and less intense but still a full-on event. More bands, afternoon of comedy, psytrance from Sunrise, bit of punk and other random stuff. The Beatherder and District Working Mens Social club is brilliant, runs as a 1973 Northern club with "turns", compares in sparkly jackets, talent contests and obscene bingo. Main dance stage in the trees is more house / techno. Rest of multiple dance stages play more or less anything and everything.

Atmosphere always good. Worth the drive from Pilton every year.