Metal/heavy music at Glastonbury

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, lebenski said:

I'd bloody love to see Tool at Glastonbury.  Saw them on their EU tour last month and the psychedelic visuals would be a great match for Glastonbury imho.  They'd be a great Other Stage headliner.

Saw them twice at the O2, visuals were amazing. I'm not sure that would all fit on a festival stage but I'd still love it. 

They played in '94, and Perfect Circle played in 2000. Maybe next year will be time for Pucisfer to do it. 

3 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

Saw them twice at the O2, visuals were amazing. I'm not sure that would all fit on a festival stage but I'd still love it. 

They played in '94, and Perfect Circle played in 2000. Maybe next year will be time for Pucisfer to do it. 

The stage size would be no problem.  The footprint of The Other Stage would be plenty big enough for their curtain and all the gubbins! 

I struggle to get excited about either Puscifer or APC really.. Danny, Adam and Justin just bring so much to the table and if anything Maynard's contribution was the weak point on Fear Inoculum.  It could've been a real 10/10 album with a vintage Maynard vocal performance but as it was we ended up with something 4 or maybe 5th best in their discography for me.

I think I’ve said it already in this thread but I just can’t believe Architects have never been booked. British, quality and top of their game making interesting music in the genre. Just seems like an obvious black spot in the stage booking’s musical palette. 

16 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I think I’ve said it already in this thread but I just can’t believe Architects have never been booked. British, quality and top of their game making interesting music in the genre. Just seems like an obvious black spot in the stage booking’s musical palette. 

Tbf their new stuff fucking sucks so Glastonbury would do well to steer clear unless they promise to only play stuff from Holy Hell and before.

5 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Iron Maiden were incredible at Download yesterday. It will never happen, but they would be amazing on the Pyramid.

Yes indeed they would but I fear you're correct that they'll never play Glasto, on any stage in fact. As much as I love them along with the other millions they're just too much of a consistent acquired taste for the average Glasto goer.

Edited by Cooter

I wonder if the lack of Metal at Glasto has anything to do with the fact that there are numerous really good dedicated festivals for the genre and it's sub-genres in the UK? 

Outside of Metal, what other genres have multiple large scale festivals, dedicated to just that genre, in the UK? 

Dance,Blues,Country,Reggae,80s,90s. No not all huge fests but there you go.

Also, tbh imo there's always an adequate amount of metal at Glasto I think, including this year. The thing with metallers, and this includes me, it's never enough and they always want more and more.

I'm not just a metaller by the way!

On 3/30/2022 at 3:44 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

And Skindred are free all weekend...

Dub War on the Earache takeover poster, so looks like some Benji is definitely on the menu. Making me rethink my Friday night plans.

https://twitter.com/ShangrilaGlasto/status/1537035118770003968?t=YTolxgGmkBsAG7Jru_tExg&s=09

50 minutes ago, matichin said:

Dub War on the Earache takeover poster, so looks like some Benji is definitely on the menu. Making me rethink my Friday night plans.

https://twitter.com/ShangrilaGlasto/status/1537035118770003968?t=YTolxgGmkBsAG7Jru_tExg&s=09

Good spot, I bloody love Dub War! Wargasm replacement?