Metal/heavy music at Glastonbury

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Architects seem like a great fit for me, seeing them next weekend for the 50th time or something 

I really dislike while she sleeps, the only artist I've blocked on Spotify as they keep appearing on my playlists. Never understood how they are so popular 

Didn't realise code orange were around in June, will check that out 

Would like to see some names from slam dunk appear like electric callboy, caskets, Spanish love songs, nova twins 

Also agree deftones are the absolute dream on other 

Stick for architects. Just for impermenance alone 

11 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Architects seem like a great fit for me, seeing them next weekend for the 50th time or something 

I really dislike while she sleeps, the only artist I've blocked on Spotify as they keep appearing on my playlists. Never understood how they are so popular 

Yeah I’m seeing architects too in a couple of weeks and think they’d work well at Glastonbury.

Fair enough with WSS, I wasn’t as big a fan of the latest album but it’s grown on me. Saw them at Brixton just before Covid which was a great show

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Lithoniel said:

They'd be pretty sick on Hell Stage or something, where else would they play, mid afternoon other/holts?

Not quite sure that Limp Bizkit is quite the vibe that West Holts goes for, same for the Park. They would draw too big a crowd for Hell stage, so Other is the only logical option for me. 

Apparently architects were fantastic in Leeds last night, looking forward to seeing them on Friday. Really think they'd be a great fit for the bmth 2016 slot on other since they've been getting some radio play recently and definitely impress passers by live

6 hours ago, 1986 said:

Am I right in thinking the Hell/Earache/Truth stage line ups are announced with the full line up and don’t tend to get a separate announcement?

In 2019 they were part of a shangri-la announcement, and it came out on May 1st 

Were Gojira on the initial Shangri-La lineup in ‘19? Iirc they were only properly revealed as playing when the full lineup was out because I remember doing a swift 180 on seeing Tame Impala and choosing them (and Idles) instead. Feel like there may be a lot more to come in regards to the heavier side of Shangri-La/Truth Stage/hopefully Earache Express/Scum. 

edit: actually looking now, they were in a separate stage announcement that listed each individual stage. Hoping they haven’t binned off the heavier stuff this year. I know there’s a bit there, but ‘19 seemed to lean in to it a bit more than this years poster would have you believe.

Edited by FloorFiller

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Were Gojira on the initial Shangri-La lineup in ‘19? Iirc they were only properly revealed as playing when the full lineup was out because I remember doing a swift 180 on seeing Tame Impala and choosing them (and Idles) instead. Feel like there may be a lot more to come in regards to the heavier side of Shangri-La/Truth Stage/hopefully Earache Express/Scum. 

edit: actually looking now, they were in a separate stage announcement that listed each individual stage. Hoping they haven’t binned off the heavier stuff this year. I know there’s a bit there, but ‘19 seemed to lean in to it a bit more than this years poster would have you believe.

Shangri-La said this was the first of many announcements in their tweet so hopefully more to come. I had run of Venom Prison, Gojira and then a quick sprint down to Avalon for Frank Turner Pt II, what a night that was.

• 3 weeks later...