Metal/heavy music at Glastonbury

FloorFiller

On 3/30/2022 at 3:03 PM, Hotchilidog said:

I really hope the Scum stage is back this year. Venom Prison have come on leaps and bounds since their appearance in support Gojira would love to see them back. Svalbard would be a good shout this year, or While She Sleeps. Would love to see Cattle Decapitation who fit the eco-vibe of the Festival but probably are not widely known outside underground death metal circles.

I too hope Turnstile are doing an IDLES, a late night Truth stage performance for them would be awesome.

Talking about the eco-vibe, Heaven Shall Burn would be a nice fit as well.

9 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I know this is a terrible source, but I saw a post on Glasto Chat the other day claiming someone had insider info that Ghost are playing. Thoughts?

That would be so fun! I checked out oh my god it's the church yesterday, would love to fill my Glastonbury with faux religious ceremonies.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I know this is a terrible source, but I saw a post on Glasto Chat the other day claiming someone had insider info that Ghost are playing. Thoughts?

Ehh I think they’re much too big. Aren’t they like headlining arenas and festivals these days?

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ehh I think they’re much too big. Aren’t they like headlining arenas and festivals these days?

Yup. I guess I could see them as sub/third on Other, or 4th down the Pyramid? Not sure what other slots could hold them, they'd get a mighty crowd

Just now, wro_lap said:

Yup. I guess I could see them as sub/third on Other, or 4th down the Pyramid? Not sure what other slots could hold them, they'd get a mighty crowd

I mean, I guess if they really wanted to play and reached out to the festival to do so then their placing wouldn’t be too much of a problem. Third or fourth down Other like BMTH have done wouldn’t be too outrageous. Maybe stick em against Diana for a rock/metal alternative. I don’t see it happening, but we’ll see. 

13 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Would it?

They deliberately try and put big acts opposite each other in order to not have everyone turn up at the same stage - that legends slot is particularly tricky, cos it’s mid afternoon on the Sunday and will often be the busiest performance of the weekend. Put something really appealing to a specific subset of fans on at the same time at another stage, and you’ll draw away a good portion of them. It’s why I was watching Babymetal and BMTH when the world and his wife were at Kylie 👍

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

They deliberately try and put big acts opposite each other in order to not have everyone turn up at the same stage - that legends slot is particularly tricky, cos it’s mid afternoon on the Sunday and will often be the busiest performance of the weekend. Put something really appealing to a specific subset of fans on at the same time at another stage, and you’ll draw away a good portion of them. It’s why I was watching Babymetal and BMTH when the world and his wife were at Kylie 👍

Babymetal were on a different day I thought, as I watched them

I am just wondering if there would be enough people who would normally see Ross that would go to Ghost instead, I just couldn't see it would be that many. I of course could be wrong. I would say Oliva Rodrigo would split the crowd

Edited by fred quimby

First time posting on here but how about While She Sleeps? Going to have a bit of a wider audience since getting airtime on Radio 1 and they are playing a run of festivals finishing on the Friday of Glastonbury. Could play the Saturday or Sunday before heading off on their Oz tour 

• Like 1

Architects seem like a great fit for me, seeing them next weekend for the 50th time or something 

I really dislike while she sleeps, the only artist I've blocked on Spotify as they keep appearing on my playlists. Never understood how they are so popular 

Didn't realise code orange were around in June, will check that out 

Would like to see some names from slam dunk appear like electric callboy, caskets, Spanish love songs, nova twins 

Also agree deftones are the absolute dream on other 

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Course! Saw them at download 2021. They were great minus some sound issues. Think they have new material this year 

Yeah I've heard they have new stuff on the way, Connor left which is a bit worrying because he added so much to their sound, but they were pretty great when I saw them in Brum in December.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:40 AM, waterfalls21234 said:

Rammstein are playing Cardiff 30th June....no other gigs I can see between 23rd June and start of July.....they are in the country at least.....chances? How fucking incredible would that pyro be at glasto? 😄

Screenshot_20220408-113505_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220408-113544_Chrome.jpg

Rammstein takeover of the Arcadia spider 🔥🔥🔥

The Hu are at Coachella, and have a big ol' gap in their tour through June.

• Upvote 1