Metal/heavy music at Glastonbury

FloorFiller

Just to echo what a few have said, I'd be surprised if Turnstile don't turn up late night on the Truth Stage to be honest.

Could see Cassyette on there too, and whilst completely not metal, Lynks would be brilliant.

It's always interesting to keep an eye on what bands the Earache guys are championing on Twitter too. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

I have never much been into heavy rock or metal, always stopping somewhere around the Dream Theater or QotSA mark, yet spent a lot of time in 2019 at Scum, and was part of the pit for Venom Prison and Gojira, and had a right old blast. Really hoping they can build on that this year. Deafheaven would be perfect for Friday night. 

Pretty sure rammstein would only headline therefore restricted to download. Their whole thing is massive stadium pyro 

Would love to see bands like spirit box, bad omens, wage war, fit for a king, electric callboy play 

On other I think someone like Parkway drive or architects could kill it 

Probably about time bmth got a pyramid slot, just don't play that god awful Ed sheeran cover 

6 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Probably about time bmth got a pyramid slot, just don't play that god awful Ed sheeran cover 

I doubt they’ll ever move up from the Other tbh, and considering they’re now headlining the likes of R/L I think we might’ve seen the last of them at Glastonbury (for now, at least - maybe they’ll be rebooked in ten years time after their transformation in to a pure pop band. And you better believe they’ll play the Sheeran song).

21 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Looks like Rival Sons will be back. They were due to support Aerosmith but now have their own dates around the festival time. They were very good early on The Other a few years back.

That's good news, I haven't seen them at Glastonbury but I'd hope to this time, great band. Going to play Hollow Bones in anticipation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 2:03 PM, Hotchilidog said:

I really hope the Scum stage is back this year. Venom Prison have come on leaps and bounds since their appearance in support Gojira would love to see them back. Svalbard would be a good shout this year, or While She Sleeps. Would love to see Cattle Decapitation who fit the eco-vibe of the Festival but probably are not widely known outside underground death metal circles.

I too hope Turnstile are doing an IDLES, a late night Truth stage performance for them would be awesome.

i had to check this to make sure i'm not replying to myself, Cattle Decap would be absolutely spot on, they're fantastic!  Death Atlas is my album of the last couple of years, its brilliant. I'm dying to see them live, and i completely agree their message is so on-brand with the SE corner that they could nigh-on become the house band. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 2:03 PM, Hotchilidog said:

I really hope the Scum stage is back this year. Venom Prison have come on leaps and bounds since their appearance in support Gojira would love to see them back. Svalbard would be a good shout this year, or While She Sleeps. Would love to see Cattle Decapitation who fit the eco-vibe of the Festival but probably are not widely known outside underground death metal circles.

I too hope Turnstile are doing an IDLES, a late night Truth stage performance for them would be awesome.

Double post, dang! i'll put some of my predictions in here instead. I think Skindred are a shoo-in, and they're great live and will go down an absolute storm. Tallah and Scarlet Rebels would both seamlessly come across from the Earache stable too. I can definitely see meshuggah appearing, i'd just be happy to pop along and see whatever they fancy bunging on cos the programming has been excellent at the last couple of glastonburies and they're spanning the older bands (Entombed) with the newer stuff (venom prison, wormrot, that insane ho99o9 set) that introduces me to new bands in the right kind of setting. i'm so in its untrue.   

Edited by balti-pie

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

i had to check this to make sure i'm not replying to myself, Cattle Decap would be absolutely spot on, they're fantastic!  Death Atlas is my album of the last couple of years, its brilliant. I'm dying to see them live, and i completely agree their message is so on-brand with the SE corner that they could nigh-on become the house band. 

Totally agree. Got them at Bloodstock this year really looking froward to them destroying the place. I have seen them before playing with Napalm Death and Venom Prison in Vienna few years ago, they were awesome

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Touché Amoré have Friday free before they playing Hellfest in France on Saturday and then back to the UK for a festival and gigs. Probably not likely but certainly possible.

This would be great! Would top Turnstile as my band to see at Glasto

• Upvote 1

Every time this topic comes up I throw Faith No More in to the mix. I think they would go down a storm and play a blinding set. Defintely won't be this year as Mike P isn't in a good place with his mental health and they cancelled their tour plans 😪 For a little while I was hopeful 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Digi said:

Every time this topic comes up I throw Faith No More in to the mix. I think they would go down a storm and play a blinding set. Defintely won't be this year as Mike P isn't in a good place with his mental health and they cancelled their tour plans 😪 For a little while I was hopeful 

i had tickets for the Brixton gigs in early June ☹️ gutted they got cancelled after two and a half years of shifting them further down the road, but its for solid reasons so i cant be too disappointed. They'd go down brilliantly at Glasto, i think they'd be so well suited to it. I am seeing Man on Man next month, the Roddy Bottum side project, that should be fun - but its not the big dog!

Edited by balti-pie
  • Upvote 1

On 3/30/2022 at 2:06 PM, Lubic87 said:

Deafheaven would be great - and maybe more likely than previous years, given the accessibility of the latest album, and the fact they are in Manchester on the Sun.  Kinda given up hope of Deftones ever playing.

Deftones played in 98, I remember wearing a white Deftones shirt in the muddy pit, messy!

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

i had tickets for the Brixton gigs in early June ☹️ gutted they got cancelled after two and a half years of shifting them further down the road, but its for solid reasons so i cant be too disappointed. They'd go down brilliantly at Glasto, i think they'd be so well suited to it. I am seeing Man on Man next month, the Roddy Bottum side project, that should be fun - but its not the big dog!

Should have been Manchester for me 😪 Yeah, I'm disappointed but it is what it is. I've adored the guy since I was 15 and he first joined the band - just really want him to get well above anything. 

I reckon a Mondo Cane set on a sunny afternoon would be amazing too ❤

There are so many great UK metal and hardcore bands now that there really needs to be more on the bill. Obviously I would love some larger acts but seeing Employed To Serve, Jamie Lenman and Venom Prison last time out was so great. Now get Urne, Palm Reader, Bossk, Boss Keloid, Conjurer, Dvne, Hellripper and Green Lung on!