2019 Coach Times and Locations

Gnomicide

21 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Thanks for the code. Looks like can't be used for event journeys. Wonder if it's because most are not Nat Ex coaches.

Most Nat Ex codes specifically exclude festivals and events - I get 20% off via work, and it always annoys me that I can't use it on the one time a year I actually travel with them.

1 hour ago, Aragorn said:

I asked this last Sunday and someone said Redcliffe Way just down from the DoubleTree Hilton - this not right then as I booked travelodge right near there 

Ahh sounds like you might have more up-to-date info from me then. First time for us going from Bristol so just going off what's been said on here!

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

With this year's times not due out until w/c 16th May, I'm trying to gather as up to date a list of coach times and locations as possible to give people an idea. It's probably one of the most asked questions.

I know there's an article in one of the local rags but that's a good few years out of date.

So far I've got:

Brighton (outside Sea Life Centre)
Wednesday
Thursday 9am

@Gnomicide2019 - Thursday - Brighton - 07:45 (Return Mon 11:30)

Birmingham coaches got moved last minute in 2019 to Inge Street (round the corner from The Hippodrome/China town)

This was 10:45am on the Wednesday 🥴

Think it might’ve been because of roads works round Hill Street, but who knows so a lottery where it’ll be this year.

F9FDF4FB-632F-435C-8CE4-F05EC67CDA05.thumb.jpeg.705470ef0d512cb65c5b12082a16e6bf.jpeg

Edited by Cuban Pete
Include coach time

I got the coach from Birmingham on the Wednesday at 10.45. The ticket said Hill Street but it was changed last minute to outside the Hippodrome. Caused a lot of confusion as not everyone was notified of the change, so lots of people were wandering up and down hill street with all their camping gear!

3 hours ago, Aragorn said:

I asked this last Sunday and someone said Redcliffe Way just down from the DoubleTree Hilton - this not right then as I booked travelodge right near there 

I think they said that's where they got it from in 2016?

If you're talking about seetickets, that's not where it went from in 2019, it was OPPOSITE CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE, ANCHOR ROAD BS1 5UA.

It was also Anchor Road in 2015 too, but a different postcode - both confirmed from the emails they sent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

I think they said that's where they got it from in 2016?

If you're talking about seetickets, that's not where it went from in 2019, it was OPPOSITE CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE, ANCHOR ROAD BS1 5UA.

It was also Anchor Road in 2015 too, but a different postcode - both confirmed from the emails they sent.

cheers mate - rebooked for the Travelodge literally right at that pick up point lol 

58 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

cheers mate - rebooked for the Travelodge literally right at that pick up point lol 

Obviously apologies if they change again, but  it's been from Anchor Road several times recently including the last one, which hopefully is consistent.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, clarkete said:

One of the things that grinds my gears is how many people in this parish put too much weight on being there as early as possible on Wednesday. 

There are up to 2m people who would happily trade our enforced late arrival (I'm going from a slightly further town on Thursday) for their current lack of a ticket.  This is a time to count your blessings if ever there was 🙂 

It’s only natural to want to be there as early as possible, or at least be able to decide when that’s going to be. Especially if you have a favourite camping spot you want to be in. Part of what puts me off the coaches is the thought of being told I can’t go until lunchtime on the Thursday or whenever. 

Thanks for the great info. I'm on Wednesday coach from Birmingham for the first time. The earliest I can get into Birmingham by train is 0700, so I have booked a hotel on the Tuesday night. I made sure to get a room which can be cancelled if I'm on a later coach.

Looking on See order check the coach emails are due to be sent week commencing 16th May, so plenty of time to make arrangements. 

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

For me its the return coach journey that is causing me the most apprehension! 

My Sunday night is going to be dictated by what time I need to be at Ped gate A for! 😄 

Lots of people dont catch the return coach. If you get booked on an early one back, just try to get on one of the later ones as there is usually plenty of space. They have been pretty relaxed about it in the past. Only once have I gone back on the coach I was booked on. Dont miss out on your Sunday night just because of your coach time!

18 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

What is the departure point in york

In 2015 at least the departure point was at the bus stop in the memorial gardens on the corner of Leeman Road and Station Road. On the other side of the Prinicipal hotel from the train station. Was very easy to get to after we'd got the train to York from Leeds. 

Edited by Ingobernable

Just now, Ingobernable said:

In 2017 at least the departure point was at the bus stop in the memorial gardens on the corner of Leeman Road and Station Road. On the other side of the Prinicipal hotel from the train station. Was very easy to get to after we'd got the train to York from Leeds. 

Thanks, thats super convenient to get to.