2019 Coach Times and Locations

Gnomicide

With this year's times not due out until w/c 16th May, I'm trying to gather as up to date a list of coach times and locations as possible to give people an idea. It's probably one of the most asked questions.

I know there's an article in one of the local rags but that's a good few years out of date.

So far I've got:

Bath (Riverside Coach Park)
Wednesday 6:15
Thursday
Birmingham (Coach bays Inge St. Side of the Hippodrome)
Wednesday 7am; 10:45
Thursday 05:45; 10:45
Brighton (outside Sea Life Centre)
Wednesday 7:45am; 9:30am
Thursday 9am
Bristol (Anchor Rd BS1 5UA.)
Times prebooked
Cambridge
Wednesday 6am
Thursday
Cardiff (Tennis courts)
Wednesday 5:45am: 7am
Thursday 7:30am
Edinburgh
Tuesday! 21:00; 22:30
Leicester
Wednesday
Thursday 8am
Leeds
Wednesday 7am
Thursday 12:00
Lincoln
Wednesday
Thursday
Liverpool (Outside The Empire)
Wednesday
Thursday
London (O2 Area)
Times prebooked
Manchester (Corporation Street M600AL)
Wednesday 06:00; 08:30
Thursday 10:00
Newcastle (train station little car park) Wednesday 10am
Thursday 8am
Nottingham
Wednesday
Thursday
Oxford
Wednesday
Thursday
Plymouth
Wednesday
Thursday
Reading (near the station/football stadium)
Wednesday 10:30 am; 3pm
Sheffield (Pond St.)
Wednesday
Thursday 9am
Stoke (outside the train station)
Wednesday 8am
Southampton (Outside train station)
Wednesday
Thursday 6am
Swansea
Wednesday
Thursday 6am
Taunton (Tangier Way TA1 4AS)
Wednesday 6am 2:45pm
Thursday
York (Sovereign St. LS1 4BX)
Wednesday 7am
Thursday 7am; 8:45am

Any more?

Edited by Gnomicide
Updated with a few more locations/times
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

We got Thursday 06:00 from Manchester in 2019.

CORPORATION STREET COACH BAYS, M3 1NX

The location may change this year as there have been road layout changes. There was a suggestion on another thread of Hunts Bank by Manchester Arena which is where the return dropped us off.

Return was 11:30 on Monday.

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un
Formatting

These are the SeeCoaches times I've had from Manchester:

DEP WEDS 10:00 RET MON 08:30

DEP WEDS 08:00 RET MON 06:30

DEP THURS 09:00 RET MON 15:30

And yes, that Monday morning pack+hike in 2017 was terrifying, but I think I got on a later coach in the end.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

First year that I've had to resort to buying a coach ticket. Usually drive down Tuesday and stay overnight somewhere close to drive in early.

Looking at the Newcastle Wednesday coach time is giving me nightmares! If it leaves at 10am...possibly looking at pitching a tent at something like 8pm!

18 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

Does anyone know if Bristol location is the same as previous years - Anchor Rd? Also on Monday, does it return to the same location or to the bus station? We've got on onward NatEx coach to London and I'm really hoping there isn't a big trek in-between...

I can only say that in the past it was Anchor Road and as I recall that's where it dropped off too.

1 minute ago, Mark_safc said:

First year that I've had to resort to buying a coach ticket. Usually drive down Tuesday and stay overnight somewhere close to drive in early.

Looking at the Newcastle Wednesday coach time is giving me nightmares! If it leaves at 10am...possibly looking at pitching a tent at something like 8pm!

Coach can be quite nice to not have to worry about journey or traffic, plus everyone is so excited, just pack carefully so you don't take anything that's heavy and unnecessary.

Should still be some light at 8pm.

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Coach can be quite nice to not have to worry about journey or traffic, plus everyone is so excited, just pack carefully so you don't take anything that's heavy and unnecessary.

Should still be some light at 8pm.

Yeah there are definitely benefits. Nobody has to drive home either after a 5 day bender which is a massive benefit.

I just love that feeling of being pitched up by mid day though...sun beaming and a warm can of beer!

3 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

Yeah there are definitely benefits. Nobody has to drive home either after a 5 day bender which is a massive benefit.

I just love that feeling of being pitched up by mid day though...sun beaming and a warm can of beer!

One of the things that grinds my gears is how many people in this parish put too much weight on being there as early as possible on Wednesday. 

There are up to 2m people who would happily trade our enforced late arrival (I'm going from a slightly further town on Thursday) for their current lack of a ticket.  This is a time to count your blessings if ever there was 🙂 

Slightly off topic but I notice that National Express has this on my confirmation email:

"Please note that this service will be run by a third-party NX partner. Therefore, National Express Accessibility standards do not apply on this service. Please contact us.if you have special requirements to travel."

Translation - the coach will be old, stuffy, cramped and generally shit.  We also won't care if we leave on time or not although we wouldn't get away with this for any of our other routes.