Ridiculously big Glastonbury Arial overlay Map based on Google Earth 2019

Staberinde

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Without wanting to be a buzzkill (and I love this map btw) wasn't there an issue a few years ago with the aerial shots of the festival being used due to privacy and being able to identify things too closely?

Was that because you could make out the naturists trampolining?

It wont let me 'like' anymore posts today - dunno why there is a limit.

Just to say I have loved the feed back and I hope to finish it one day.

In the mean time, apart from stages and bars, if anyone wants to add a particular location, feel free to post a small snip of the area here with the details.

For example I have already put on a Pink Umbrella for the TWFTPU meet.

An efest meeting location will be a great idea. Is that still going to be at the Red Flag? It's been a while

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

It wont let me 'like' anymore posts today - dunno why there is a limit.

Just to say I have loved the feed back and I hope to finish it one day.

In the mean time, apart from stages and bars, if anyone wants to add a particular location, feel free to post a small snip of the area here with the details.

For example I have already put on a Pink Umbrella for the TWFTPU meet.

An efest meeting location will be a great idea. Is that still going to be at the Red Flag? It's been a while

efests meet is at the Ridge & Furrow bar in the Cabaret Field

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Without wanting to be a buzzkill (and I love this map btw) wasn't there an issue a few years ago with the aerial shots of the festival being used due to privacy and being able to identify things too closely?

It’s ok, I made sure @pilton digger kept his underpants on whilst sunbathing.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Staberinde said:

I did this one in 2015 based on 2014

http://www.wherever.me.uk/G2015/G2014overlay.jpg

Hang on, I was thinking this looks like that one I've had for ages which we had a to pass around in secret around the back of the bike sheds.  I got it from a discreetly named reg 6 years ago who's a bit of a worker.

I open it and lo and behold it's got your name emblazoned in it!

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Hang on, I was thinking this looks like that one I've had for ages which we had a to pass around in secret around the back of the bike sheds.  I got it from a discreetly named reg 6 years ago who's a bit of a worker.

I open it and lo and behold it's got your name emblazoned in it!

"discreetly named reg 6 years ago who's a bit of a worker."

Whatever do you mean, did you think it was illegal? 😃

That overlay was never secret. I do know it did the rounds on redit/Glastonbury

9 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

"discreetly named reg 6 years ago who's a bit of a worker."

Whatever do you mean, did you think it was illegal? 😃

That overlay was never secret. I do know it did the rounds on redit/Glastonbury

It was a half-*rs*d compliment and I certainly wasn't intending to impugn your integrity, sorry if my attempt at discretion made it seem that way.

I was simply told "We did have a even bigger one but the size was getting to be a problem as it was over 50 MB's" and "At the same time there was a problem over Permission and GFL did not want that image to go public ... its a shame really but it was not worth falling out with GFL so the full version was not seen by many people"

Hopefully that's OK?  Think just a misunderstanding on my part.

Edited by clarkete

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

It was a half-*rs*d complement and I certainly wasn't intending to impugn your integrity, sorry if my attempt at discretion made it seem that way.

I was simply told "We did have a even bigger one but the size was getting to be a problem as it was over 50 MB's" and "At the same time there was a problem over Permission and GFL did not want that image to go public ... its a shame really but it was not worth falling out with GFL so the full version was not seen by many people"

Hopefully that's OK?  Think just a misunderstanding on my part.

Really it's fine! I wasn't offended or my integrity impugned, whatever that means. It was just an innocent question born out of curiosity, hence the smiley emoji.

I take it you work with GFL? 

Please, no offence meant or taken 🥰

1 minute ago, Staberinde said:

Really it's fine! I wasn't offended or my integrity impugned, whatever that means. It was just an innocent question born out of curiosity, hence the smiley emoji.

I take it you work with GFL? 

Please, no offence meant or taken 🥰

Oh not in the slightest.  My first two years I got in on a freebie as I was selling cheese rolls 3 for a quid, since then I've been a committed (and fairly broken) punter. 

Indeed unlike many of the regulars here who seem to all know it off by heart, even after 28 times I can still easily get myself in a state where I need to refer to a very detailed map 🙂 

You'll have obviously seen these in your travels and they clearly aren't going to be as up to date or detailed as what you're producing, but some others may not have seen them before, hence share for their interest, as I found them whilst looking at your handiwork in my folder of stuff.

G2016_red_dots_are_compost.jpg

Webmap-2019-v4-1.jpg

having looked on this big map and seeing glasto latino in the west holts area I will never understand why they have moved it there. must be so much noise bleed from the WH stage. Just means IICON has got far too much space for what I understand was a fairly limited audience most nights