Ridiculously big Glastonbury Arial overlay Map based on Google Earth 2019

Staberinde

I started making an overlay in 2020 based on the 2019 Google Earth map, then lost interest when the festival was cancelled It's ridiculously big, showing all the numbered carparks, c'van fields and approach roads. I still need to add a lot of areas and stage names, I don't know if I will ever finish it. The grid co-ordinates match the co-ordinates on the official maps, for easy reference.
I don't even know if it will upload to eFests as the file maybe to big 80+ mb
I may finish it yet, we'll see

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's really good. Do you mind if I share on Twitter?

Really! If you like, please say it's a work in progress and maybe mention it's by Coffee Gordon.

That's giving me encouragement to finish it 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Staberinde said:

Really! If you like, please say it's a work in progress and maybe mention it's by Coffee Gordon.

Great work @Staberinde, you know the way to this forum's heart. When it comes to the Big G, throw a detailed map our way and we all become amateur cartographers 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Of course. Do you have a Twitter account to tag in?

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Great work @Staberinde, you know the way to this forum's heart. When it comes to the Big G, throw a detailed map our way and we all become amateur cartographers 

I've been drawing maps of Glasto for about 20 years (been attending everyone for the last 27 years)

I even did an Google Earth type overlay before Google earth was invented! I will look out some of my old stuff and post links.

Thanks for your kind words S C, it means a lot 

Edited by Staberinde
  • Like 1

top work 🙂

I can just make out my car and caravan as well - I went on tuesday in 2019 as I thought i'd get a better spot nearer Ped Gate C, but no. I was directed to quite possibly the furthest spot away as possible, I was right in the corner of E17 😄 lovely and peaceful though 😄

image.thumb.png.6e9460bffe53230613f11d8a13063ec0.png

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Without wanting to be a buzzkill (and I love this map btw) wasn't there an issue a few years ago with the aerial shots of the festival being used due to privacy and being able to identify things too closely?

Yes. Shhhhh.

I think this one should be ok though as it's used Google Earth so nothing that isn't widely available anyway. I think the other one was higher res too?

10 minutes ago, paulshane said:

top work 🙂

I can just make out my car and caravan as well - I went on tuesday in 2019 as I thought i'd get a better spot nearer Ped Gate C, but no. I was directed to quite possibly the furthest spot away as possible, I was right in the corner of E17 😄 lovely and peaceful though 😄

image.thumb.png.6e9460bffe53230613f11d8a13063ec0.png

If you turn up on Tuesday they put you in E17 because you're going to stay another day.

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6