Walking time from different landmarks

rockandnoll

On 6/3/2022 at 9:19 AM, moogster said:

@gazzared Tables updated with gates A and B

image001.png

image002.png

image003.png

Today's top tip...

While you have a signal determine your walking speed and save the appropriatel one of these to your downloads so you have it for when there's no signal. 

Also do the same with the map... 

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Glastonbury_Webmap_2022_PUBLIC_V4.png 

Right so I had a look at my fitbit data/trying to match my memory and clashfinder for walks I did without stopping for food or any of the millions interesting things on the way.

It seems to me that my non-crowd, dry weather speed was closer to 4 km/h.

If anyone can remember/track a simple walk they did and share the time?

(Got to keep busy until next year!)

On 6/3/2022 at 4:30 PM, TownesMR said:

If Primal Scream start on JP 15 mins after Khruangbin ends on Park, will I be able to get there on time if I leave Khruangbin 15 mins before they end? Really want to get in the tent for Primal Scream, but not sure how busy we're expecting Primal Scream's set to be.

Did you end up doing this? Curious how you got on.  I tried the same once at a particularly busy time of day and missed most of the JP gig.

7 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Did you end up doing this? Curious how you got on.  I tried the same once at a particularly busy time of day and missed most of the JP gig.

We didn't haha. Ended up seeing Jesus and Mary Chain because we weren't too confident that the crowds would be thin enough along the way.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, John the Moth said:

A pleasant surprise from reading Marcus du Sautoy’s latest book.

I wanted to catch his show this year but didn’t manage to get there.

0605E17E-62C4-4E8A-B490-6D691F9BF0D6.jpeg

That could be useful if wanting to give a newbie an intro to the site without exhausting them too fast 🙂

That reminds me I need to redo the table, I think it needs a 4 km/h version.

• 9 months later...
17 minutes ago, moogster said:

@clarkete i actually already did some renaming and slight cosmetic changes. Unfortunately / fortunately I am on holiday far from the laptop I store the file on 🙂

Do we foresee any significant changes with the different paths?

Theres no way the Co-op is that far from Gate A? Gate B says 5 mins longer but is way further away

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 8:44 PM, gfa said:

Theres no way the Co-op is that far from Gate A? Gate B says 5 mins longer but is way further away

Gate A to Coop is about 1200 m and Gate B at about 1400 if I see that right. There are quite some different ways to get from gate B to the coop though so it may be longer. 

I do have a rounding thing that does something weird and makes Gate A and B the same timings, will see if I can fix that.

OK a little 2023 update. Mostly cosmetic but I reduced a couple of distances. Remember it's estimates and that roundings may make look things funny, but it's more readable than 4.625 and 5.365 minutes this way. First, the average one, then the up tempo one, and finally the nightmare scenario.

4.5.png

6.png

2.png

Edited by moogster
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, moogster said:

OK a little 2023 update. Mostly cosmetic but I reduced a couple of distances. Remember it's estimates and that roundings may make look things funny, but it's more readable than 4.625 and 5.365 minutes this way. First, the average one, then the up tempo one, and finally the nightmare scenario.

4.5.png

6.png

2.png

Thank you, very helpful. 

Now how to spend my spare third of a minute... 

5 hours ago, moogster said:

4.5.png

6.png

2.png

Great work.... you might want to change Williams Green to Meeting Point or Carhenge for newbies though.

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Great work.... you might want to change Williams Green to Meeting Point or Carhenge for newbies though.

You know I did doubt on that one but the area is still called Williams Green I think? And I confess I am not convinced yet about this Carhenge thing 😉