Alternative to Spring Ground Accessible

she bangs the drums

Good afternoon, 

My wife has Cerebral Palsy so struggles with her mobility and we usually camp on Spring Ground campsite, however there are 6 of us who have been successful and we would like to camp together. The limit is 4 on this camp site. We are due to arrive 8am on Thursday, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative camp site which is quieter in the same area? I was thinking Hitchin Hill though no idea if this gets busy and is accessible?

Thanks in advance

Chris 

5 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Good afternoon, 

My wife has Cerebral Palsy so struggles with her mobility and we usually camp on Spring Ground campsite, however there are 6 of us who have been successful and we would like to camp together. The limit is 4 on this camp site. We are due to arrive 8am on Thursday, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative camp site which is quieter in the same area? I was thinking Hitchin Hill though no idea if this gets busy and is accessible?

Thanks in advance

Chris 

Normally there is still some space available toward to top of Hitchen on Thursday but this cannot be guaranteed. The problem however is accessibility for someone with reduced mobility as there is no clear route/pathway from the roadway.  The lower parts (nearer the roadway) get packed with tents close together with guideline hazards galore. For Thursday arrival  you may be best considering the western fringe campsites where space should be guaranteed. Your problem then becomes the remoteness & consequent distance to stages.

20 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Normally there is still some space available toward to top of Hitchen on Thursday but this cannot be guaranteed. The problem however is accessibility for someone with reduced mobility as there is no clear route/pathway from the roadway.  The lower parts (nearer the roadway) get packed with tents close together with guideline hazards galore. For Thursday arrival  you may be best considering the western fringe campsites where space should be guaranteed. Your problem then becomes the remoteness & consequent distance to stages.

Thank you Lycra. I thought that might be the case for Hitchin Hill, so might just go ahead of my wife and look around Wicket Ground, Lime Kiln/Hitchin and find somewhere suitable and less undulating for her.