Glastonbury Fair - 1970(?) newsletter for your amusement

zillah

9 hours ago, zillah said:

Oh wow, LOVE those photos!! Yes that is exactly how I remember it, I remember being camped/parked next to a row of trees like that, near the pyramid. I am getting my mum to have a look and see if she can spot our camp. The pyramid stage looks so cute, I have a very bad quality photo I will post... I don't have any more typed newsletters, but I do have some old newspaper clippings my nan had kept.

glastonbury_pyramid.jpg

King Sunny Ade!

12 hours ago, zillah said:

Oh wow, LOVE those photos!! Yes that is exactly how I remember it, I remember being camped/parked next to a row of trees like that, near the pyramid. I am getting my mum to have a look and see if she can spot our camp. The pyramid stage looks so cute, I have a very bad quality photo I will post... I don't have any more typed newsletters, but I do have some old newspaper clippings my nan had kept.

glastonbury_pyramid.jpg

King Sunny Ade.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:12 AM, zillah said:

glastonbury_pyramid.jpg

On 3/30/2022 at 6:31 PM, Shelleyboots said:

Hi, Zillah’s mum here! The pic of the stage from the left hand side is King Sunny Ade on stage, he was wearing a bright yellow suit, and he danced brilliantly! Wonderful memories. Xx

if its King Sunny Ade then it was 1983 - I am not into his music but I did spot his bright yellow suit ' with tassels' - he was running all over the stage shaking some ' stick with bells on '

the bottom close up shot - not sure the date but that does not matter - look
at the ground - there was no barriers with line of security behind it  and there was not much security on the stage as time and time again some people would climb up ' not to attack the act but just to get on ## for some reason 
they preferred the left hand side ##

one act for some reason there was lots of people climbing up - not sure who was on but security ran away and came back with what appeared to be cooking Oil and poured it down ## but one person who was covered in oil managed to get up on the stage ## and there was a huge roar from the crowd.

the other photo I think was 1981 £8 a weekend ticket and 18,000 were sold

## but if you ran a small stall - the cost was £40 { which gave entry to two people } ##

1981_o.thumb.jpg.5d5091cc1d2202161f17df5b834d9372.jpg1981_2.thumb.jpg.6a616caa5ccd898818bfa9565215febe.jpg