Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

Did anyone actually fail to get a ticket?

We were after 9, got one in coach on Thursday thanks to a kind efester then secured the other 8 yesterday.

All I’m seeing is success stories which is great especially those who’ve been sweating for 2 1/2 years if they were going to go or not!

If there was one for coach, you’d assume there will be a secret resale between now and Thursday before the vat change kicks in for the GA tickets?

I presume the coach was failed payments, but then it’s strange they weren’t all scooped up afterwards anyway? But either way, you can only assume whatever caused coach tickets to become available the same will apply to GA?

Having written all that, it’s just occurred to me if the water bottle thing was a genuine cock up and those tickets were sold twice over, there very obviously won’t be any further sales. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. But then again presumably they wouldn’t have put the extra coach ones up if that was the case, unless they actually have no choice due to required quotas?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

For this year, yes, thankfully. I meant in future I might not want to hear about the fest if it doesn’t work out.

Hehehe, yeah, absolutely how I feel, hence my lack of activity on here over the last couple of years. But now I'm back back back, expect me to be spraying meaningless generalisations, poorly argued opinions, invalid criticism and c-bombs around like confetti.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

21 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

For this year, yes, thankfully. I meant in future I might not want to hear about the fest if it doesn’t work out.

Ah yes - I know just what you mean.

20 hours ago, Mardy said:

Hehehe, yeah, absolutely how I feel, hence my lack of activity on here over the last couple of years. But now I'm back back back, expect me to be spraying meaningless generalisations, poorly argued opinions, invalid criticism and c-bombs around like confetti.

If you looked at my posting history since October 2019 you'd see it fell off a cliff - I was very sad, which of course has been compounded by the wider world and to a lesser degree nonsense at work.  Then a few weeks ago @pauladam kindly PM'd to say that we were in the same resale group on the sheet and shook me from my stupor.  Since then I've been posting b*ll*x left right and centre.

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Did anyone actually fail to get a ticket?

We were after 9, got one in coach on Thursday thanks to a kind efester then secured the other 8 yesterday.

All I’m seeing is success stories which is great especially those who’ve been sweating for 2 1/2 years if they were going to go or not!

Yep, we were after 7 for friends, and got none.

See kept saying my payment wasn't authorised after I had successfully authorised the payment on my Tesco bank app.  Tried it twice, then went to grab another card, but it had locked out the registration numbers.

I've emailed See and GFL to ask what happened, as I've seen other people had a similar issue with the 2FA not working properly, Glastonbury sent me a stock "there aren't enough tickets to meet the demand" email which totally ignored what I'd put in my original email (I'd even started it with "I appreciate there is more demand than available tickets").  I just want to know if See will acknowledge there were problems, or if I steer well clear of using my Tesco card in October (I probably will anyway)

4 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

See kept saying my payment wasn't authorised after I had successfully authorised the payment on my Tesco bank app.  Tried it twice, then went to grab another card, but it had locked out the registration numbers.

I've emailed See and GFL to ask what happened, as I've seen other people had a similar issue with the 2FA not working properly, Glastonbury sent me a stock "there aren't enough tickets to meet the demand" email which totally ignored what I'd put in my original email (I'd even started it with "I appreciate there is more demand than available tickets").  I just want to know if See will acknowledge there were problems, or if I steer well clear of using my Tesco card in October (I probably will anyway)

Interesting, no problems with MFA at all on our cards and we got 6 over three different resales (Coach, GA and Sunday) - I did notice payment took a long time at this step though.

17 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

oh no that sounds like a complete nightmare!

one of our group put in for two car park tickets which sent the total over her CC limit, and then couldn't get out of it to remove them, luckily someone else got in and booked the tickets. but lessons learnt for her next time, book tickets sort car park out later!

38 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

BTW - see you've been quoted in the NME!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-2022-fans-react-as-resale-tickets-sell-out-in-20-minutes-3191018 

We secured 2 tickets in the resale for the first time since 2009!!! 

We've tried GA and resale every year since and never got them! We've worked Oxfam and the bars each year, just to get in! 
I'm still giddy from that feeling of receiving the conf. email - I'm just waiting for something to go wrong!? 🤮

I immediately went out and bought a tent as we've missed campervan tickets and I was so excited! 

1 hour ago, discgoesmic said:

Interesting, no problems with MFA at all on our cards and we got 6 over three different resales (Coach, GA and Sunday) - I did notice payment took a long time at this step though.

We had problems buying tickets for someone on the resale sheet. The first card I tried, which I've used lots of times with See Tickets, came back with some kind of rejection message I've not seen before without even sending a text. No reason evident - MasterCard, autofilled card number and definitely the right expiry date and three digit code. Not near the credit limit.

Second card hung for about a minute and a half with the page looking frozen. My 17 year old son, calmer than me, said not to click back but to keep waiting.  We finally got to the page to request a text message and all good from there except for a little more lagginess than our nerves would have liked.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

We had problems buying tickets for someone on the resale sheet. The first card I tried, which I've used lots of times with See Tickets, came back with some kind of rejection message I've not seen before without even sending a text. No reason evident - MasterCard, autofilled card number and definitely the right expiry date and three digit code. Not near the credit limit.

Second card hung for about a minute and a half with the page looking frozen. My 17 year old son, calmer than me, said not to click back but to keep waiting.  We finally got to the page to request a text message and all good from there except for a little more lagginess than our nerves would have liked.

Nice one @Miyn and thanks for the help from both of you 🙂 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Welcome back! Are you gonna set up your marvellous page monitor again?

On a related note which didn’t deserve its own thread, I dig out the code and fired it up again.  Looks like The main glastonbury page is having a bit of a flap between the real page and the Sunday holding page.

E1E990CA-0CC1-4EBD-B3C2-189209F24F97.gif

first post in 3 years... <wipes off dustwebs>. A legendary festival buddy of ours based in Bristol got us tickets

Had to cut a planned Ibiza trip short because.. you know .. Glastonbury..

did not think we would be going... failed miserably getting them in Oct 2019... seems like a lifetime ago

The wonderful @Mark H got through to get mine all the way from NZ - absolute diamond! My husband and got onto the ref page and I tried to input people’s details from here but they all seemed to have tickets already. Now to see what state my camping gear is in after living in my garage for 3 years!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ellie1996 said:

Are we likely to see any more tickets go on sale? I know it’s sold out but has there been more released in previous years? 
gutted I didn’t manage to get one for partner 😞

Conventional wisdom is that recent years have not seen secret sales, and its presumed any cancelled/failed payments ends up creating competition and hospitality tickets.

But that said, 2022 is different - the resale was probably larger (due to changes in peoples circumstances since 2020), so that *might* mean more failed payments etc in the resale.  So who knows!

37 minutes ago, Ellie1996 said:

Are we likely to see any more tickets go on sale? I know it’s sold out but has there been more released in previous years? 

Have you been keeping an eye on here for the information about the 3 fleeting sales this week? 

If there are any more they would likely be similar to the brief and unannounced coach sale after midday yesterday - which the rest of us only knew about because someone posted. 

32 minutes ago, Ellie1996 said:

Absolutely don't want to give false hope, and am happy to be corrected,but it seems odd the button for tickets is still there on https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

I don't remember this in 2017 or 2019, which didn't have secret sales. There was also the unannounced sale of coach tickets on Sunday after the GA  resale. However, the bottle-no-ticket debacle may put paid to any further release as they'll have to be used for sorting that.  There's a month longer than usual between resale and the final ticket refund deadline in early May, so possibly more may be returned in that period.  Secret sales are nerve-shredding at best!  You'd need to run a page monitor and watch efests as a full time job.  Would your partner consider working the festival?

36 minutes ago, alibear said:

The wonderful @Mark H got through to get mine all the way from NZ - absolute diamond! My husband and got onto the ref page and I tried to input people’s details from here but they all seemed to have tickets already. Now to see what state my camping gear is in after living in my garage for 3 years!

Glad to see you got in Ali.  I'm still having to pinch myself to believe we're going, after 2.5 years of squashing all hope and thoughts of the festival down.  Just glorious.

45 minutes ago, siblin said:

Conventional wisdom is that recent years have not seen secret sales, and its presumed any cancelled/failed payments ends up creating competition and hospitality tickets.

But that said, 2022 is different - the resale was probably larger (due to changes in peoples circumstances since 2020), so that *might* mean more failed payments etc in the resale.  So who knows!

In the past couple years returned tickets have become Friends and Family tickets than competition/hospitality. Maybe a subtle distinction but an important one.

So the tickets remain part of the general allocation, and are sold via Seetickets at the normal price via the normal website - but only on an invitation basis. Basically an "allowed to purchase" marker is put on a nominated registration, and they can visit the same page and purchase at their leisure.

If they do the same this time, then it's likely we see the event page reappear in a few weeks but any time we try to purchase there'll be some form of "tickets not available" message.

9 hours ago, incident said:

In the past couple years returned tickets have become Friends and Family tickets than competition/hospitality. Maybe a subtle distinction but an important one.

So the tickets remain part of the general allocation, and are sold via Seetickets at the normal price via the normal website - but only on an invitation basis. Basically an "allowed to purchase" marker is put on a nominated registration, and they can visit the same page and purchase at their leisure.

How many people here would give up a precious thing to be on that list eh.

I've had a number of times where I've been incredibly fortunate, one of which was many years ago before they had heard it all before, I'd failed in the buying process and for one reason or another I was able to prove the problem I'd had and they took pity on me and helped me out. 

Needless to say, most of their systems are better and that doesn't usually happen these days - don't want to set the expectation that if people get in touch and are sad they will be helped out - I've tried it since 😉