Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

Friend secured my ticket at around 09:20 so must have been in with the last ones. They had already got in about 09:10 for us but was using my card to pay and the OTP was too delayed to process the transaction and the transaction was rejected. That happened twice and then when I actually got in, I managed to enter my registration info 3/4 times but it said that there was a purchase in progress using those registrations. The friend somehow got through again at the last minute, rang, I relayed the OTP and it worked. So close and so relieved!

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Managed to sort 3 for mates. Payment was terrifying.

Across the board everything looks stupidly successful!

I know what you mean about payment fear! Landline rang just after I confirmed payment.  Thought it was a spam call, luckily OH answered to find it was the verification code from See. So we're going, with a cv ticket (thanks @noplacelikehome!!), and at some point I will come back to planet earth. I'm retiring to a warm bath to eat mother's day Hotel Chocolat  

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So i managed to get to the enter registration details page from some link i used on Thursday just before 9am, however when i tried clicking proceed after entering them it kept sending me to the dreaded holding page. I kept going back and forth for about 5 minutes before deciding i was wasting my time and should therefore leave the page completely and start from scratch. 

Should i have continued?

All good in the end though, friend got through around 9:15 for the final 3 tickets we needed, leaving us with 14/14 tickets - first ever 100% record i believe?

I can't say for sure. I have the impression that by cheating by arriving earlier, if we have not yet reached the "Booking complete" screen when the sale officialy starts (= when everyone clicks on the link), we end up without a valid booking slot, and therefore we can achieve the booking process only if, while refreshing/reposting, we end up going beyond the holding page and obtaining a reservation slot on a regular basis.

• Upvote 1

Incognito browser on Chrome with 4G hotspot worked for the second time in a row! Sealed 6/6 in the 2019 sale, a further 2 within 4 minutes this morning for a couple joining after two festivals out. I'd never made it past the holding page before this festival - luck has certainly turned. Very ready for 12 weeks of exciting build up, it's happening!

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

Tried to upvote - but all out.  Could have done with 20 upvotes today and still would have used them all!

Genuinely heartwarming to read all the success on here this morning - seems to have been a huge success rate.  Can see this forum becoming a lot busier and lots of names returning is great to see.  Let’s goooooo 😁🤘

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Excellent! (Out of upvotes too!😁)

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Brilliant. Figured you’d be speaking at Glasto University or something, but delighted you’re sorted

Thanks for the love guys! I think I'll line up the Free Uni next year. Thinking of doing something mega... This place is something pretty special y'know! Xxx

Yeah go on then. F me.. I made several mistakes I was so jittery. I kept trying to put the year in the CVV field- I was so stressed I wasn't really looking. Then the payment bombed out on me anyway!.. and I saw the 'all tickets have been allocated- SOLD OUT'.. add to that I'd already had the 'your registration has already been used blah blah' message... but for some reason I kept trying and it only went and worked!

Edited by Boris
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally got our tickets this morning after 3 failed attempts in the 2019 coach sale, main sale and on Thursday. We used a load of browsers with vpn extensions so when we got through to payment page on chrome on a vpn everything seemed to take forever. First payment failed on debit card, went again with credit card. With the slow VPN and payment failing I think we were down to around 50 seconds left on the timer when it finally went through 😅

Also lol at Easyjet. Flights for 2019 festival, booked in October 2018, £192. For the same flights and baggage etc to book today they were asking over £800. So we're going to make a week of it and stay nearby on the Tuesday, get to Worthy View earlier and have a bit of a lie in.

Glad there’s so many happy people, just wish it was everyone.

Right at the death we managed to get all our group in, so 7 today, and including 3 working it’s 20/20. 
With abysmal planning I managed to get my iPhone frozen - and still trying to restore it to factory settings - so I had no idea what was going on! 

We are NYC based so this sale happened at 4AM for us. Brutal to wake up at 3:30AM and on a zoom at 3:45AM but three of us trying for 1 person and one of us got in 10 minutes after the start. Good stuff! Our group of 5 (4 first timers) all ready for June! 🙂

I haven’t been around these parts for a long, long time… I’d guess since the last one. We never had tickets and were all panicking that this year we’d miss out but we were successful! I’m beyond delighted and more excited for this year than any other I can remember.

Congrats to everyone who was successful and commiserations to those who didn’t get a ticket. 

I look forward to speaking with you all once again, I’ll be obsessing on the forums the next three months.

Storytime. See my signature and you'll see I'm a veteran of these boards (15 years!) but sadly don't stick around too much in off-season. Nonetheless I genuinely did a jig for @crazyfool1 when I saw their success on Thursday and have been driving Mrs Beaver mad exclaiming similar tenured names in this thread with their success or decision not to. Long one ahead - hope it's worth it:

I had an 8 festival run 2008-16 without a hitch (relatively speaking). A truly blessed time and so genuinely eternally grateful. It is after all, at least 7 festivals more than most get (if not 8!) but Glasto is a fundamental part of me like everyone else here and it is my Christmas (not so keen on the Winter version). I'm also West Country bred living only 20 minutes away from site since 95 (or at least my parents still do... I've moved to London as one does. - I'll be back!) so there's that.

Waited years to see Foos (RIP Taylor) and Radiohead on that stage, missing Foos when Grohl broke his leg - have that t-shirt - and of course the year they both appear is the year that only my group of six in our cartel didn't get tickets. No one from my entire cartel got them in 2019 either. Then the plague hit.

I had genuinely written off going this year as well in spite of my proclamations that there ain't no mountain high enough, valley deep enough nor river wide enough that would keep me from Diana. However, one has to be realistic. Even up to last night where I was awake at 3am (thanks BST) designing the list of must-do's for the lucky newbies in my life. Those newbies include my Dad who has seen me go for all those years and finally has bitten the bullet (with his camper van) and got lucky in 2019. I really wanted to share my favourite place on earth in person with him but assumed disappointment given recent form and a run of bad luck in my personal life that included burnout, a chronic illness flare, getting our favourite virus and missing a best mates stag do very recently - one of those life phases, ya know? When it rains...

We failed on Thursday. No surprise as I don't get on well with the coach sales (so complicated under such pressure!) and much prefer launching from parental homes anyway. This morning rolls around and the adrenalin is running even if I've accepted the outcome. The post that included the auto refresh extension and other technical advice caught me last night so I thought why not? I usually end up on WhatsApp for much of it, draining refreshing opportunities, as I'm the local Glasto king and everyone comes to me for advice and news - many here will be similar I'm sure! So I figured if that could do it for me and stop once it loads then I'm free to do both!

IT WORKED! Much like others here we went through 4 cards to make it work, including my bank trying to call me to verify (4 hours later!). Our other core group got in at the same time and I later found out the other major group, in the old cartel we weren't using this time, also got in. The best bit is that it was due to efestival forum advice just like the old days - so thank you so much you beautiful bunch!

TLDR: We were on a mission from God, the band is back together. It's 12 weeks to Glasto after 6 years away, we have our bags ready... Where are my sunglasses? See you at Brothers at 3pm on Wednesday (before realising it is sugary pish for early 20's Beaver and that the cider bus is now infinitely preferable - traditions are traditions though eh?)

(I hope to be back on these boards and a little more active - I miss all the old hands and want to get to know the ones who have joined over the years)

To Avalon!

...I can read the lineup properly now!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3