Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

I have avoided this site for the past year, because couldn't bear thinking about not going. Spent 10 minutes in the usual blank screen routine purgatory, then got word from the group that tickets were sold out and that we would not be going.

And then a member of the group messaged me that he got us 4 tickets, and that we are in fact going to Glastonbury. 

And now I am feeling a little choked at the prospect.  

Well done everyone else who got their tickets.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

It would have been the perfect Mothers Day gift to secure some tickets so my husband and I can spend 4 days away from our 2 and 4 year old! But alas I failed AGAIN in getting tickets, I've been trying since 2003 but never actually got tickets myself - friends got them for me in 2003 and 2007 and we volunteered with the recycling crew in 2016.  The Glastonbury ticket Gods do not favour me...ho hum! 

.... sorted two of my mates in the secret coach sale.  Unbelievable. 

Started the week, with 8 tickets to get, 

I got a weds ticket on Thurs, then we just got 2 GAs in todays resale and unbelievable, 2 more from random departures on Thursday for the group.  2 more to get via any means necessary, but feeling hopeful!

This Festival is a cruel mistress

• Like 1

Oh my God. Tickets secured for 4 of us. 

It froze after entering payment details and just kept saying to refresh. 

Then that fabulous ping of a new email came through, confirming the purchase. 

2 and half years of frustration and disappointment. All gone. 12 weeks of buildup and anticipation to come. 

What a glorious day. 

I'm in! only managed it as I left the iPad (that I've never used before) open. ages after after they announced it'd sold out on Twitter, it came up with the reg page and let me book a coach package from York?! typed my reg code in wrong three times but got there eventually. a rollercoaster, and the most stressful ticket sale yet. 

success on the spreadsheet is unreal, thanks so much to everyone that helped!

• Upvote 1

Got through for three of my mates (I got sorted on Thursday). The payment process was slow and convinced was about to fail but went through so all sorted. Honestly didn't think we had a hope of getting anything after the initial sale (all those years ago) 

• Like 1

Unsure at present..

Ticket transaction pending in my bank account, but saying it was declined through the booking page! 

More stressful than not having a sniff, least you know for sure then! 

No confirmation email....anyone experienced this before? 

Edited by joeltg

Worked through all the stages of grief since that gloomy morning in October 2019. I even went back to lurking on this forum to silently cheer for people who had tickets lately. That's how settled in my acceptance of not going I was. And then on Thursday the Refresh button muscle memory kicked in. Coach from London sorted for me and my friend and today I got through in the added time for the remaining two in the group. Still pinching myself!

Thanks to the superb hutchmaster I am going to glasto!! 

Given these troubling times, this place is a lovely sanctuary which proves people are mostly good. 

so great to see sooooo many efesters working together to get as many people on the farm as possible. 

barneybybear(glasto ticket holder 2022)

Tried for my best mate, who got us all tickets in October 2019 but not himself as he lived abroad at the time.

got through about 9.06 in between serving egg to my 1 year old. 

put in the details and the usual hand shakes whilst trying to put the card details in.

the page hung when I clicked confirm and refreshed twice before actually starting to process payment, making me put my card details in again. And then it asked for me to authorise using my banking app whilst I had about 45 seconds left of them holding the tickets. It finally went through at 9.11.

so pleased that the group is complete now

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

fucking amazing 🙂 

Yes amazing but no campervan pass ☹

Now totally deflated and trying other options.

Current plan is a campsite within 20 miles and convoy with the car... can't really but all camping gear! When we have a campervan seems daft.

Arghhh fell at the last hurdle  

Mostly ignored the forums, social media and any Glastonbury chat since Oct 2019 - to the extent where I wasn't really bothered about trying or missing out in the resale. I figured I'd regret not trying... and still wasn't sure as I was keying in my bank details at 9.10 for two tickets and a slight buyers remorse afterwards... but it's slowly sinking in and some gradual excitement is bubbling. 

6 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Yes amazing but no campervan pass ☹

Now totally deflated and trying other options.

Current plan is a campsite within 20 miles and convoy with the car... can't really but all camping gear! When we have a campervan seems daft.

Arghhh fell at the last hurdle  

keep trying