Glastonbury Vibes

marathonsteve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I always hope watching these types of videos, as well as other handheld footage from the festival, I'll spot myself and my friends having the time of our lives off to the side somewhere, drinking and dancing, partying and laughing, hoping to see some hidden moment in our personal festival that I might have forgotten.

It's not happened yet, but I always have my fingers crossed 😉

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I always hope watching these types of videos, as well as other handheld footage from the festival, I'll spot myself and my friends having the time of our lives off to the side somewhere, drinking and dancing, partying and laughing, hoping to see some hidden moment in our personal festival that I might have forgotten.

It's not happened yet, but I always have my fingers crossed 😉

Maybe this year

On 4/8/2022 at 9:55 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Never seen this before but it’s utterly incredible:

Just got round to watching this, absolutely class video, they're so down to earth and come across as really appreciative to be playing and know how important the festival is.

And just look at that crowd! Never seen the Park so crammed. Looks bigger than even Radiohead's performance back in 2010/2011

On 4/7/2022 at 9:55 PM, Jay Pee said:

I watch the Underworld set back quite a lot. Gets me very emotional. So amazing. Just so amazing. And briefly ended up stood with Noel Gallagher.

the 2016 one?

where was he stood just in the middle of the crowd?!

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

the 2016 one?

where was he stood just in the middle of the crowd?!

kind of.  I was to the left but quite near the front and just clocked this bloke in my peripheral vision to the left and thought he looked familiar.  Just said hello Noel and chatted shit for a minute or two.  Asked him why he wasn't at Muse ("your joking aren't you mate" retort) and had the crack with fellow Mancunian.  He had his daughters with him and (I think) was trying to find hospitality which is deffo not via left of stage at West Holts.

was a nice moment.  About 30 seconds later a lad behind tapped me on the shoulder.. "mate, effing hell, was that Noel Gallagher??"

28 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

kind of.  I was to the left but quite near the front and just clocked this bloke in my peripheral vision to the left and thought he looked familiar.  Just said hello Noel and chatted shit for a minute or two.  Asked him why he wasn't at Muse ("your joking aren't you mate" retort) and had the crack with fellow Mancunian.  He had his daughters with him and (I think) was trying to find hospitality which is deffo not via left of stage at West Holts.

was a nice moment.  About 30 seconds later a lad behind tapped me on the shoulder.. "mate, effing hell, was that Noel Gallagher??"

nice one - i was also stood to the left of the stage for that one but more towards where the brothers bar is! 

🙂 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

nice one - i was also stood to the left of the stage for that one but more towards where the brothers bar is! 

🙂 

It is one of the sets that just gives me a neck Mohican from start to finish when watching back.  I also bumped into Karl Hyde in  Manchester the following summer and had a massive love-in.  At the Manchester International Festival.  He was so polite and indulged my boozy man love.  My wife said it was ace as he was really congenial.  again, loads of people stood round right outside the Town Hall and nobody clocked him or acknowledged our moment.

Me..  "Karl... Karl... Come here mate... Friday Night at West Holts 2016... kin amazing mate"

• 3 weeks later...