Pre-erected

blutarsky

11 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Ah....

looks like the ones from here

https://worthypastures.com/camping/

Yeah the "glastobells" have more rigid sides and no guy ropes.  Think they are marginally smaller and dont have as big doors.

Theres been a couple of 4 person traditional bells in sticklinch available all morning if anyone was interested.

12 minutes ago, siblin said:

Yeah the "glastobells" have more rigid sides and no guy ropes.  Think they are marginally smaller and dont have as big doors.

Theres been a couple of 4 person traditional bells in sticklinch available all morning if anyone was interested.

I want to carry less from the coach, so if the pods appear with beds that would suit me.

8 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

Can anyone recall in recent years if the tipi's were bunched in with caravans on the see tickets links? There's not even a mention of them on the website and there defo always was in previous years? 

No they were separate I think, they did a resale a few months ago as I tried to get one but they went in about 2 seconds 

2 minutes ago, Barneym said:

No they were separate I think, they did a resale a few months ago as I tried to get one but they went in about 2 seconds 

Yeah same. It just seems weird that there's no mention on them on the sold out page despite everything else on there. Suggests there is zero chance of them coming back on. 

Just had a rush of madness and booked a Worthy View scout tent as they popped up for resale. Might yet cancel it.

Does anyone know for sure if they open on the Tuesday? On the booking it said from Weds but I know when I stayed there in 2013 you defo could arrive on Tuesday evening... Unclear from the website.

6 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Just had a rush of madness and booked a Worthy View scout tent as they popped up for resale. Might yet cancel it.

Does anyone know for sure if they open on the Tuesday? On the booking it said from Weds but I know when I stayed there in 2013 you defo could arrive on Tuesday evening... Unclear from the website.

The WV car park opens Tues... 8pm I think (but I can't remember where I read that)

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

@Ayrshire Chris Is your resident WV expert on arrivals.

17 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

@Ayrshire Chris Is your resident WV expert on arrivals.

@jimmillen

Car parks open on the Tuesday night at 9, same as other car parks. Toilets available. We arrived late Tuesday last time and got a good parking spot easy to leave from.  According to the information that’s sent to you in early June you have to vacate the campsite on the Monday morning if possible, with the site closing at 5pm.  an e mail with a barcode is emailed to you prefestival. They recommend printing it off and using it as your accommodation ticket. You need this along with your festival tickets.  WV has an email address that you can ask them questions if you arnt sure of anything.  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

@jimmillen

Car parks open on the Tuesday night at 9, same as other car parks. Toilets available. We arrived late Tuesday last time and got a good parking spot easy to leave from.  According to the information that’s sent to you in early June you have to vacate the campsite on the Monday morning if possible, with the site closing at 5pm.  an e mail with a barcode is emailed to you prefestival. They recommend printing it off and using it as your accommodation ticket. You need this along with your festival tickets. 

Cheers @Ayrshire Chris. So the camping itself doesn't open till the Weds then? 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes Wednesday morning at 8, just like the rest of the site. Short walk from gate to the tents and a bacon roll. 

Where are you off to pre-festival this year? 

I always get jealous of the people making a holiday of it whilst I'm still sat at work on the Monday & Tuesday!

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Where are you off to pre-festival this year? 

I always get jealous of the people making a holiday of it whilst I'm still sat at work on the Monday & Tuesday!

Arriving on the Friday and staying in Glastonbury until leaving for the festival. After the festival heading back to the town for another night before going home.  Nice holiday and Avoids  the traffic problems, especially after enduring the chaos of 2016! 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Arriving on the Friday and staying in Glastonbury until leaving for the festival. After the festival heading back to the town for another night before going home.  Nice holiday and Avoids  the traffic problems, especially after enduring the chaos of 2016! 

Perhaps when I get older I might start doing the same, the most I've managed to convince my mates to do was staying at the Travelodge at Podimore services in 2017 ahead of the festival so I didn't have to get up quite so early on the Weds to drive them there.

I think for us, as long as we are off site by 8am we can be back in Oxford by 10am (or 10.30am with a stop) so not really worth booking hotels etc local to the site afterwards.

On a coach package this year so I'm at the mercy of See Tickets when I arrive and depart!

Hope you have a good holiday. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

Anyone know what the deal is with different members of your party arriving at different times? One mate is coming from a long way away and is notoriously late so we’re not keen to wait around for him!

As long as their names are on the booking they'll be able to get in whenever

8 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

thanks all for the info, relly helpful.

@Ayrshire Chris - what is roughly the walk down time from WV (on average as depends where the tent is, I understand) to say top of pennard hill / the park area? This is where we usually camp so trying to figure out the additional time!

Like every walk it depends on how busy it is. Once through the pennard hill gate, showing wristbands, at the bottom of the WV steps then it’s down past the Tipi field and a left turn along towards Glasto on sea and into the park area.  15 minutes from the WV tents possibly. 

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Like every walk it depends on how busy it is. Once through the pennard hill gate, showing wristbands, at the bottom of the WV steps then it’s down past the Tipi field and a left turn along towards Glasto on sea and into the park area.  15 minutes from the WV tents possibly. 

that’s really helpful, thanks! 👍 not too bad of walk