Food vendors & Traders 2022

dotdash79

5 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Yes you might be able to tell that the Food is quite a big focus for me. I have a laminate now with about twenty or so of the places I liked or most want to try marked on.

Although if you can read my writing on all of these you should win a prize.

IMG_20220331_092115.jpg

https://www.festifood.eu may be of interest. I'm starting to bring it up to date for this year and improve usability and so on. If anyone has any maps or other sources of info related to what stalls are where, I'm very grateful to receive. All the data on the map now is hand compiled by me and one other guy on foot on the Thursday of 2019.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jefwefwef said:

https://www.festifood.eu may be of interest. I'm starting to bring it up to date for this year and improve usability and so on. If anyone has any maps or other sources of info related to what stalls are where, I'm very grateful to receive. All the data on the map now is hand compiled by me and one other guy on foot on the Thursday of 2019.

I certainly salute your ambition, that would be a cracking thing to have access to.

I was talking to the festival organisers for "official" data, but they didn't want to, for unspecified reasons. All I wanted was a map of which stall was where, so I could get my page updated. Glasto don't do anything digital, really, so having access to this open data would allow third parties like myself to provide tools for people. It's well established now that virtually all festival goers will have a phone with signal, at least for the first few days, so using online tools is totally reasonable IMHO.

For this year, I've got some inside connections to people who are booked as vendors, so I'll see if they have any good info they can share to help me get a jump start on mapping for this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, jefwefwef said:

Love this idea. Prob want to add from Vegan Traders thread too. 

I wonder if there is a traders map of numbered pitches, that would be immense

23 minutes ago, jefwefwef said:

Thanks. I used this last festival. At the moment though all I can see on Android is this - can't get past this page.

Screenshot_2022-03-31-15-28-58-228_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.40799e529ac6e42c53035af90502199b.jpg

2 hours ago, jefwefwef said:

That's me - I'm the one other guy!! Loved doing it, happy to help out again this year! 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

That's me - I'm the one other guy!! Loved doing it, happy to help out again this year! 

Hah, hello mate! I'll have 3 "volunteers" with me this year (indentured servitude for the day) to help out but would be great to see you and do a bit of mapping again! (unless I get the magic list from the Glasto Gods and they save me all the work).

Yeah there will be. I know a few ppl who have had stalls in the past and they know ppl catering this year, so I'm talking to them first then I'll go wide once I've done a little work on the site to make it a bit nicer. What I might do is ask stall holders to show me exactly where they're going to be pitching up (as, presumably, they know?) as soon as they do.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...