Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Will you be able to add the SEC stages rather than just areas? 

I can physically only include so much detail - without dropping to a smaller font and making something too detailed to serve the original purpose of a simple map anyone can use - so a lot of the smaller venues, e.g. in Silver Hayes and the Park get omitted unfortunately. I do try to pack everything in but it's kind of at its limit.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deadstillstanding said:

I can physically only include so much detail - without dropping to a smaller font and making something too detailed to serve the original purpose of a simple map anyone can use - so a lot of the smaller venues, e.g. in Silver Hayes and the Park get omitted unfortunately. I do try to pack everything in but it's kind of at its limit.

I'm assuming you'll be selling it on T shirts once you're done?   🙂 

15 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm assuming you'll be selling it on T shirts once you're done?   🙂 

I think when it was put on here before it was suggested that anyone who had it printed, swung by the welfare tent to make a donation, which I indeed have done.  Though I must admit, I had forgotten who it was though I can picture the tent!

• Like 1

I contacted the festival a few weeks back regarding the changes in Rivermead/Pylon with the staff camping. Just got a reply with the following:

Yes, part of Pylon Ground has been converted to staff campsite.
The route through Pylon Ground, will be as previous year.
Through middle of Pylon Ground, then turning left Mike's bridge, then straight into Silver Hayes.
So, you will not need to go as far as or into Bushy Ground.

So it looks like the path/bridge into Silver Hayes via Rivermead will remain as before.

image.png.f6a3208359118b8efa10cb51415b279b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

On 5/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, Beerqueen said:

I think when it was put on here before it was suggested that anyone who had it printed, swung by the welfare tent to make a donation, which I indeed have done.  Though I must admit, I had forgotten who it was though I can picture the tent!

Yeah, that's the size of it. Years ago, I did look into the charity that runs the Green Welfare tent (who I volunteer with) selling T-shirts and mugs or whatever to raise funds. Transport for London are fine with people using the style of their map, they just won't let you use the roundel as is. They even suggested doing it with a different background shape, hence the pyramid. But Glastonbury Festivals Limited is reasonably protective of its trademarks, including the stage names (e.g. 'The Pyramid Stage' is ™), so those labels can't be used on something being sold. So we just print a mega sized version on the side of the Green Welfare tent, and I stick it online for people to sort themselves out.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 4:36 AM, blutarsky said:

If all the Park and Silver Hayes stages are on there individually then the SEC should have detail added and include NUC Downlow, Gas Tower, Genosys, IICON etc rather than simply Block 9, Shangri La, Common and Unfairground. 

Poetry and Words, Sensation Seekers also not on there. 

On 5/19/2022 at 12:10 PM, blutarsky said:

Will you be able to add the SEC stages rather than just areas? 

On 5/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, deadstillstanding said:

Do you (or anyone?) have a map of this year's SEC?

I've trying a new scaling on the map. I've kept it broadly realistic before but have tried vertically stretching out the crunched up south and middle more at the expense of the north. Kind of a reverse Mercator in favour of the south/Greenfields, which I'm fine with. Gives me a bit more room for SEC but need to refer to a map to place pins. My memories of that area are not... good enough.

1 hour ago, deadstillstanding said:

Do you (or anyone?) have a map of this year's SEC?

I've trying a new scaling on the map. I've kept it broadly realistic before but have tried vertically stretching out the crunched up south and middle more at the expense of the north. Kind of a reverse Mercator in favour of the south/Greenfields, which I'm fine with. Gives me a bit more room for SEC but need to refer to a map to place pins. My memories of that area are not... good enough.

If I can get on my laptop tomorrow I’ll annotate this for you 

B5725210-B075-4538-BE14-BF5D3545AD97.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

v4 of the map has just been released.

Minor edits mostly

- Paths / fences fixed/amended.
- Sticklinch gate has been named "Gully Gate".

g0zZele.gif

Do we know about cutting through Pylon Ground into Silver Hayes?

I'm coming in by coach PGA and will be camping in Park Home and my usual route looks like its gone and will have to walk down to Bushey and then (sort of) back up again to the Silver Hayes entrance (if that makes sense!)

On 5/30/2022 at 1:41 PM, gooner1990 said:

Do we know about cutting through Pylon Ground into Silver Hayes?

I'm coming in by coach PGA and will be camping in Park Home and my usual route looks like its gone and will have to walk down to Bushey and then (sort of) back up again to the Silver Hayes entrance (if that makes sense!)

See my post above regarding a reply from the festival office. Doesn't look like you can go directly through Pylon to Silver Hayes but should be able to cut through via Rivermead.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

are they gonna plonk the spider on top of that muddy bit where the crane fell ? hopefully someones been out and scattered some grass seed 🙂 

They could put down some fake grass/astroturf, as long as no one is planning to do some soft rock style knee slides it should be fine. 🤣