Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

Just now, Leyrulion said:

The toilets aren't always on the exact same side of the path as shown on the map, think of it as more of a guide!

I agree, it's always been known as 'The Fine Guide' 

It only shows a rough idea of where everything is. You can't very well look up any venue on it.

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

People are OK with change, most people here have been calling for big changes to Silver Hayes for years. They were also open/excited to Pangea after a long run of the spider. 

I guess The Glade is just one of those areas that felt pretty perfect and change there wasn't desired. 

The glade change seems to be just a movement that detracts from an area people really liked instead of an entirely new idea that people want to give a chance. If it had been something new entirely people would give it less flak i reckon

10 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

I agree, it's always been known as 'The Fine Guide' 

It only shows a rough idea of where everything is. You can't very well look up any venue on it.

The Crew Map is what you really want - looking forward to getting our hands on that. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Darren Emerson self confirmed for the spaceport (see the self confirmed thread) so that’s not going anywhere.

Hmm, very interested to see how that area is setup then. It doesn't feel like there's room with the Glade Stage moving but I'm probably misremembering the space.

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Hmm, very interested to see how that area is setup then. It doesn't feel like there's room with the Glade Stage moving but I'm probably misremembering the space.

I'd expect it to budge down a bit. There's plenty of space where Lovebullets was in 2017, it was empty in 2019.  Good to hear it's still going to be around though.

2 minutes ago, tumbles said:

What I don't get about the Glade changes, is on the map why is it labelled twice. No other stage/area is like this:

To separate the physical Glade area from The Glade tent. There might be something going on in the old Glade area but The Glade is too much of a Glasto icon to be just renamed even though the main stage area has had to be moved. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

To separate the physical Glade area from The Glade tent. There might be something going on in the old Glade area but The Glade is too much of a Glasto icon to be just renamed even though the main stage area has had to be moved. 

Yeah this, I'd still expect something in that area.

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Agreed. Although still think it could just be a drinking/chill out area. Kinda depends on what they do with the Glade bar 

Wasn't there a bar called the Glade Lounge in that area that was between the Spaceport and Spike? Maybe they're moving that to under the trees?

26 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Wasn't there a bar called the Glade Lounge in that area that was between the Spaceport and Spike? Maybe they're moving that to under the trees?

The was also just the G Stage Bar on the Other Stage side of the glade which is what I was thinking about. Not sure what's happening with the Glade Lounge though - you could be right.

The map here from 2019 shows everything a bit better:

31 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

How many bars/stages were/are there in that area?

The Glade

The Glade Lounge

Spaceport

Spike

G Stage Bar

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

No bar or stalls in the trees according to the markets map (which shows all the bars, I believe).

5 hours ago, Bradders said:

Darren Emerson self confirmed for the spaceport (see the self confirmed thread) so that’s not going anywhere.

I read it that he'd played there in the past, just listing the vanues he's previously done?

Screenshot_20220506-094724_Instagram.thumb.jpg.00bfa037c765ac14671757be64853577.jpg

16 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I think @jefwefwef is an insider, hence having it. 

Actually I just got creative and blagged myself a copy, I'm not anything to do with the festival. The festival are in fact not that keen on me doing the festifood mapping at all, so I'm generally trying to behave and not cause drama and get shut down totally.