Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

The consensus is that the tent in the Glade is now the main stage, as it's bigger and can accommodate the bigger acts listed for the Glade main stage. The old stage is still in the trees and is quite dome like, so makes sense for it to be the dome. 

Fair enough. Will switch them. Personally I like the sound of the pressure coming off the actual glade (of trees) area. It's way nicer when it's not rammed solid. 

4 minutes ago, ea1993 said:

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but is the Bimble Inn the same as Tricketts or are they 2 separate bars?

Thanks.

Separate bars. The Bimble Inn is a canvas tent that can be found at festivals all over the country. Decent cider and live performances. Tricketts is bar on the hill, lovely spot for a pint

19 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Separate bars. The Bimble Inn is a canvas tent that can be found at festivals all over the country. Decent cider and live performances. Tricketts is bar on the hill, lovely spot for a pint

Thanks!

I must be getting mixed up as thought the Bimble Inn was on the hill 🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, deadstillstanding said:

Ah okay. Yeah, Block 9 is a funny area - it basically fills most of that space north of the railway line all the way up to and including Ilcon, and with a hedge cutting through the middle of it to separate it into Block 9 East and West (which I don't have room for). The little 'station' tick mark lines are meant to signify the closest/main entrance to a thoroughfare, in this case the railway track. But you can totally get to most things from other directions, e.g. walking over from Genosys.

I agree. The real tube map is a heuristic device rather than an accurate one, and similarly this map should therefore show how to get somewhere efficiently, not exactly where something is.

Not suggesting the excellent tube-style map should be altered again, but I think it's still very much up in the air which is The Glade proper & which is The Glade Dome.

The exchange below was under a picture of the new tent element, so it suggests the tent is the dome and the trees are the Glade. However, as you can see, since I first looked at it the original tweet has been deleted so who knows!

IMG_20220613_120215.thumb.jpg.a187de143970a8c6b9a20aad8616d81d.jpg

1 hour ago, deadstillstanding said:

Okay! Now with the Glade Stage and Glade Dome switched...

220613_2022 Glasto tube map_no arrow.jpg

220613_2022 Glasto tube map_no arrow.pdfUnavailable

Is that good to go to be printed? The first version was 600dpi,but this one is showing as 300dpi?

Also there's an attachment showing as unavailable - is that just me or should that be available for download. 

2 hours ago, deadstillstanding said:

Okay! Now with the Glade Stage and Glade Dome switched...

220613_2022 Glasto tube map_no arrow.jpg

220613_2022 Glasto tube map_no arrow.pdfUnavailable

Nice map. Could I suggest the purple line goes Pyramid -> San Remo (is that the old Beats Hotel?) -> The Woods -> John Peel?

And the green line goes SONIC -> John Peel -> Ped Gate A?

At the moment to get from the Pyramid to The Woods/John Peel you need to go via SONIC, which is not a route that you would ever take. Conversely, to get from SONIC to Ped Gate A you do head up past the John Peel field (give or take).

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Not suggesting the excellent tube-style map should be altered again, but I think it's still very much up in the air which is The Glade proper & which is The Glade Dome.

The exchange below was under a picture of the new tent element, so it suggests the tent is the dome and the trees are the Glade. However, as you can see, since I first looked at it the original tweet has been deleted so who knows!

IMG_20220613_120215.thumb.jpg.a187de143970a8c6b9a20aad8616d81d.jpg

Ugh. The plot thickens. However, I really want to send the banner to print, so unless anyone's got a hook up with a Glade person, I'm just gonna have to draw a line under this and accept it might be wrong.

43 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Is that good to go to be printed? The first version was 600dpi,but this one is showing as 300dpi?

Also there's an attachment showing as unavailable - is that just me or should that be available for download. 

The pdf and jpg should both be sufficient for high quality print (300dpi is ample for this - prolly more than most T-shirt printers use) at approx A4 sorta dimensions (i.e. with T-shirts in mind). If anyone wants more resolution for whatever reason I can supply but tbh this should be fine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

The pdf and jpg should both be sufficient for high quality print (300dpi is ample for this - prolly more than most T-shirt printers use) at approx A4 sorta dimensions (i.e. with T-shirts in mind). If anyone wants more resolution for whatever reason I can supply but tbh this should be fine.

Excellent, thanks so much. Suitable donation to FWS winging it's way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tazbang said:

Nice map. Could I suggest the purple line goes Pyramid -> San Remo (is that the old Beats Hotel?) -> The Woods -> John Peel?

And the green line goes SONIC -> John Peel -> Ped Gate A?

At the moment to get from the Pyramid to The Woods/John Peel you need to go via SONIC, which is not a route that you would ever take. Conversely, to get from SONIC to Ped Gate A you do head up past the John Peel field (give or take).

Um. Yeah. Fair point. Totally see what you're saying. And I wasn't too happy with the SONIC/WOW junction thing either. Plus I've got another tube line colour to play with now so... I think this makes sense.

220613_2022 Glasto tube map.pdf

991174477_220613_2022Glastotubemap.thumb.jpg.c5e738e952aa2acc7034f710a3665bb2.jpg

2 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Um. Yeah. Fair point. Totally see what you're saying. And I wasn't too happy with the SONIC/WOW junction thing either. Plus I've got another tube line colour to play with now so... I think this makes sense.

220613_2022 Glasto tube map.pdfUnavailable

Would you be able to share the google drive link like 2019? I just get the above telling me that the attachment isn't available.

41 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

What's the fastest way to move from Pyramid to Other in peak times? via Leftfield or via BBC Introducing/Silver Hayes?

Probably depends mostly on which side of the Pyramid stage you're starting from. They're not too dissimilar.