Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

5 minutes ago, savethatjek said:

Bus stops - can I just hop on a bus from A to B? Or have I got that wrong 

If you applied for and been successful in your application an accessible pass, yes.
It's not open to everyone.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/shuttle-bus-service/

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

Do the DJs literally just walk out from the legs? Pretty crazy to think calvin will be walking through the crowd off to the SE corner!

One of the 'feet' of the legs is backstage - then there's a platform on each leg above the crowd. They don't need to go though the crowd.

Arcadia-7.jpg

On 6/7/2022 at 5:56 PM, deadstillstanding said:

Actually, ignore me. The just-released EE map has most of the smaller stages on it. Gonna crib that and call it a day. Will post the result here once ready.

One blank tshirt standing by ready to be printed... 

12 minutes ago, hurdy said:

where can you get this printed? Is it somewhere at the festival? 
thanks 

9 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

One you can recommend? 

I used streetshirts.co.uk. 

I've only used them that one time, but to be fair I've worn the shirt to death since June '19 and the print has only really given up the ghost in the last few months

On 6/10/2022 at 9:18 PM, hurdy said:

Gotcha. I think I'm happy with this version. Unless anyone points out anything wrong, I'm gonna run with it. So here's the 2022 Green Welfare Glasto tube map 🙂 Hope it helps and have a great festival!

If you'd like to win a massive banner of it, come buy a raffle ticket from Green Welfare (just off the railway track heading to the stone circle).

220612_2022 Glasto tube map_no arrow.jpg

220612_2022 Glasto tube map_no arrow.pdf

• Upvote 12

50 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Gotcha. I think I'm happy with this version. Unless anyone points out anything wrong, I'm gonna run with it. So here's the 2022 Green Welfare Glasto tube map 🙂 Hope it helps and have a great festival!

If you'd like to win a massive banner of it, come buy a raffle ticket from Green Welfare (just off the railway track heading to the stone circle).

220612_2022 Glasto tube map_no arrow.pdfUnavailable

think you need to swap Glade and Glade Dome, although with it being new we won't know for sure until we're there. 

Also wondering where 'Lizard' came from in front of Toad Hall? 

On 6/9/2022 at 6:23 PM, Dukeicon said:

One of the 'feet' of the legs is backstage - then there's a platform on each leg above the crowd. They don't need to go though the crowd.

Arcadia-7.jpg

Ah i see cheers!

1 hour ago, deadstillstanding said:

Mate it's ace but nyc downlow should be next to icon not in the shangri la bit  :-)

10 hours ago, blutarsky said:

think you need to swap Glade and Glade Dome, although with it being new we won't know for sure until we're there. 

Also wondering where 'Lizard' came from in front of Toad Hall? 

Yeah, I'm kinda guessing but on the official map, that looks to be a marquee in the usual Glade Lounge spot, which I assume is the Dome, with the 'main' Glade stage in its usual position. Very ready to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise though.

Lizard Stage is a dinky little chai and world music stage. Figured I might as well wedge them in.

image.png.fc69cd815c572e2c2bd2719e83ed4ec2.png

10 hours ago, bigbilly said:

Mate it's ace but nyc downlow should be next to icon not in the shangri la bit  :-)

Thank you. Are you sure? I can never remember shit about the layout down there but the 2019 map definitely had NYC in that spot. Maybe it's been moved? Anyone know this stuff definitively?

11 hours ago, deadstillstanding said:

Could ped gate A be moved up to level with Worthy Farm. I always feel I walk down from there to JPT and not across 

7 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Yeah, I'm kinda guessing but on the official map, that looks to be a marquee in the usual Glade Lounge spot, which I assume is the Dome, with the 'main' Glade stage in its usual position. Very ready to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise though.

Lizard Stage is a dinky little chai and world music stage. Figured I might as well wedge them in.

Thank you. Are you sure? I can never remember shit about the layout down there but the 2019 map definitely had NYC in that spot. Maybe it's been moved? Anyone know this stuff definitively?

I'm not sure of its exact location but its part of block 9 so I thought it would be better with icon etc :-)

On 6/2/2022 at 4:16 PM, Staberinde said:

I may as well leave this here. I highly doubt I will finish it. It's a crop of an overlay I did of the 2019 Google shot.

The grid references should match up to the crew maps 🤞

unfinished.jpg

This should help with SEC locations etc. Imo glade and ped gate A are ok as they are

Edited by FLB

32 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Downlow makes sense in that spot to me, as it backs onto the railway line, while IICON is further North. They don't need to be on the same line, despite both being part of Block 9, imo. 

The consensus is that the tent in the Glade is now the main stage, as it's bigger and can accommodate the bigger acts listed for the Glade main stage. The old stage is still in the trees and is quite dome like, so makes sense for it to be the dome. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, tarw said:

Could ped gate A be moved up to level with Worthy Farm. I always feel I walk down from there to JPT and not across 

Maybe you've been walking in through gate B? Gate A is definitely off to the north-west, at Yellow gate, beyond John Peel.

20 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

I'm not sure of its exact location but its part of block 9 so I thought it would be better with icon etc 🙂

Ah okay. Yeah, Block 9 is a funny area - it basically fills most of that space north of the railway line all the way up to and including Ilcon, and with a hedge cutting through the middle of it to separate it into Block 9 East and West (which I don't have room for). The little 'station' tick mark lines are meant to signify the closest/main entrance to a thoroughfare, in this case the railway track. But you can totally get to most things from other directions, e.g. walking over from Genosys.

19 minutes ago, FLB said:

This should help with SEC locations etc. Imo glade and ped gate A are ok as they are

Aha. Nice one, thank you. That helps with a couple of lingering questions I had.