Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

1 minute ago, deschwah said:

This is one of the biggest problem traders have.. festival organisers want cash free so they can take money off the traders at point (a big % of gross isn’t unusual) and also keep track of spending all over the festival.. when the signal is poor (it always is due to big crowds and rural locations) and punters have no cash then sales are lost and it is a huge isse

Sounds like you are talking about Boomtown. 

Glasto, and most other festivals, don't control punter spending in this way and the traders all provide their own merchant services. 

1 minute ago, deschwah said:

This is one of the biggest problem traders have.. festival organisers want cash free so they can take money off the traders at point (a big % of gross isn’t unusual) and also keep track of spending all over the festival.. when the signal is poor (it always is due to big crowds and rural locations) and punters have no cash then sales are lost and it is a huge isse

The signal coverage during the festival will not be a problem. There are staff/infrastructure site wide wireless networks and literally an EE 4G/5G mast on site

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

Sounds like you are talking about Boomtown. 

Glasto, and most other festivals, don't control punter spending in this way and the traders all provide their own merchant services. 

And the boomtown system doesn't need constant fast WiFi anyway as long as the NFC devices link up to the "home" every so often. *

*The boomtown system is still shit

11 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

If you felt too ill to go, then testing seems a bit pointless anyway. I'd just assess the situation based on how I felt. 

yeah your right , if there were no tests i still wouldnt have gone as i could barely walk up and down my stairs haha

8 minutes ago, paulshane said:

The signal coverage during the festival will not be a problem. There are staff/infrastructure site wide wireless networks and literally an EE 4G/5G mast on site

I think they have 5 or 6 temporary mast onsite plus on permanent one.

I think they also have microwave links between the towers and then the the fibre backhaul.

A new map is up.

Changes:

1. Access is blocked off between Glasto Latino and Avalon, forcing people through the Cabaret area for South East Corner after 10pm
  2. Medical tent removed from Silver Hayes

1 hour ago, MJP said:

A new map is up.

Changes:

1. Access is blocked off between Glasto Latino and Avalon, forcing people through the Cabaret area for South East Corner after 10pm
  2. Medical tent removed from Silver Hayes

1.1 has been there since 5th May

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

This is fantastic intel ️ 

i started organising all my walk-from-one-stage-to-another to include a little dip into the bar there to pick up a lovely pint, even when it was west holts to the park i'd still drag the group in 😆 it was hot, the pints were excellent and cold, it was good preparation! 

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I think they have 5 or 6 temporary mast onsite plus on permanent one.

I think they also have microwave links between the towers and then the the fibre backhaul.

I believe you're broadly right.  It might not be as many as 5 or 6, but they have a few.  You sometimes see them up on cherry-pickers.

Fun-fact, the glastonbury site has been used for some EE 5G trials a few years ago.  My company were involved but sadly I wasn't able to ingratiate myself into the project.

Glastonbury actually had one of the first big 5g networks in 2019 and it was top10 in terms of cities in the country while the festival was on in terms of data transit thru the network. 2022 can only be busier in terms of data: more ppl on insta, more ppl on tiktok (although god knows why at glastonbury, but they will be).

On an unrelated note, I'm making great progress on my custom site map for festifood. I'll probably have some nice new cartography to show off within a week or so, once I've finessed the styling.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, jefwefwef said:

Glastonbury actually had one of the first big 5g networks in 2019 and it was top10 in terms of cities in the country while the festival was on in terms of data transit thru the network. 2022 can only be busier in terms of data: more ppl on insta, more ppl on tiktok (although god knows why at glastonbury, but they will be).

On an unrelated note, I'm making great progress on my custom site map for festifood. I'll probably have some nice new cartography to show off within a week or so, once I've finessed the styling.

Excellent. Will it have a filter so we can see only the pudding stalls?