Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

9 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Mobile card reader technology has come on a lot in the last couple of years. Even independent traders can link a card reader to a phone or tablet now. 

There will be those traders that prefer cash but you should be able to pay for the majority of things using your card. 

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

There was a card reader at the bake sale at my kids primary school last week 🤷‍♂️

Even the balloon man outside printworks has a sum up machine 😂

• Like 1

Is the map going to be updated shortly? the most recent link:

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Glastonbury_Webmap_2022_PUBLIC_V1.png

is no longer available

(archived version here: https://web.archive.org/web/20220504115028/https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Glastonbury_Webmap_2022_PUBLIC_V1.png )

changing V1 to V2 in the url doesn't work, I tried 🙂

10 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Is the map going to be updated shortly? the most recent link:

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Glastonbury_Webmap_2022_PUBLIC_V1.png

is no longer available

(archived version here: https://web.archive.org/web/20220504115028/https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Glastonbury_Webmap_2022_PUBLIC_V1.png )

changing V1 to V2 in the url doesn't work, I tried 🙂

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Glastonbury_Webmap_2022_PUBLIC_V1.1.png

Edited by leath02
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Was more thinking in terms of signal needed to run the damn contraptions 

There's been a dedicated EE/Orange tower at the festival for 25 years now.  And whilst that didn't count for an awful much 20 years ago, the last few years, the coverage has been pretty spectacular.  I don't think connectivity will be much of an issue.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's been a dedicated EE/Orange tower at the festival for 25 years now.  And whilst that didn't count for an awful much 20 years ago, the last few years, the coverage has been pretty spectacular.  I don't think connectivity will be much of an issue.

Just switched to EE and checked the site coverage. Looks like 5G has been added so don’t forget the tin foil hats

8 minutes ago, danssol said:

Just switched to EE and checked the site coverage. Looks like 5G has been added so don’t forget the tin foil hats

I’m pretty sure EE set up an entire temporary network, so just because the area is usually 5G enabled doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get 5G during the festival. 

That said, I’d be surprised if they didn’t enable 5G, I think they like to show off these days how good the coverage is. 🙂

16 minutes ago, danssol said:

I'm with 3 which is always very poor at the festival. Th ebest place is up the viewing platform at the top of T&S for some reason.

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Another loosely linked site query - do we think they will be asking/recommending masks in certain areas/situations?

I doubt that very much. I think the only mention will be something asking people not to attend if they have tested positive.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I doubt that very much. I think the only mention will be something asking people not to attend if they have tested positive.

Something I was wondering about. Would you even take a test the day you’re setting off to the festival? 

12 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I’m pretty sure EE set up an entire temporary network, so just because the area is usually 5G enabled doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get 5G during the festival. 

That said, I’d be surprised if they didn’t enable 5G, I think they like to show off these days how good the coverage is. 🙂

They had 5G in their temporary infrastructure in 2019.

I remember because there was some nutjob on here before the festival repeatedly telling us we'd all be dead within 6 months or whatever bullshit it was.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Something I was wondering about. Would you even take a test the day you’re setting off to the festival? 

Only if I was showing symptoms. Luckily (if that's the right word) I had it recently so should be in the window to be very unlikely to get it again come June. 

1 minute ago, incident said:

They had 5G in their temporary infrastructure in 2019.

I remember because there was some nutjob on here before the festival repeatedly telling us we'd all be dead within 6 months or whatever bullshit it was.

What if we are dead and all this has just been a waking nightmare since December 2020?

18 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Yeah, 5G will be at the festival. They set up a network within the festival and it was quite good last festival - they processed an impressive amount of data through the network: 100TB.

There's also a WiFi network around the EE recharge tent.

I'd expect press releases towards the end of the month and/or when the app relaunches.

Before I worked for them, I bought a 1-month SIM for £15 to use their network instead of Three.

Edited by MJP

40 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do you need to be on EE to feel the benefit?

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

Personally, I wouldn't. I think testing needs to stop now really and we should just live like we always have done. If not now when? 

only if a felt like shit, which i did last month and there would be no chance of going with how i felt for 5 days

Just now, Twiggy553 said:

Do you need to be on EE to feel the benefit?

The EE coverage will only benefit customers of EE or networks that use their signal. All of the other networks do provide their own temporary infrastructure - however I think (not 100%) that EE are the only one to put masts actually "on site", the others are in fields surrounding/overlooking the festival.

This is one of the biggest problem traders have.. festival organisers want cash free so they can take money off the traders at point (a big % of gross isn’t unusual) and also keep track of spending all over the festival.. when the signal is poor (it always is due to big crowds and rural locations) and punters have no cash then sales are lost and it is a huge problem 

Edited by deschwah