Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

2 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

Is the ale bar in the acoustic field still there? I didn't go in 2019 but I'm sure it was there every year before that. Little stripy tent if I remember correct, which is doubtful!

I do hope it is still there, it had a great reputation, a bit off the trodden path, so as long a set in the stage hadn't just finished, not to crowded

I believe it was called The Red Flag

2 hours ago, Staberinde said:

I do hope it is still there, it had a great reputation, a bit off the trodden path, so as long a set in the stage hadn't just finished, not to crowded

I believe it was called The Red Flag

It's the Cockmill Bar in the Acoustic field. I am fairly sure there was a bar called The Red Flag but can't remember where it was. 

• Thanks 1

I suspect they’ll be trying to push cards even more because of covid.

I’ll probably take £100 for places that don’t accept card or for when it’s down, then top up with the machines where needed.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But there are also live performances in many of the other bars not labelled e.g. West Holts bar, Bread & Roses, whatever replaced the Fluffy Rock Cafe, etc

Most of those smaller ones aren't programmed. Bread & Roses is weird as they've always had stuff on but only the last few fests have they actually been in the programme. It's a weird distinction between "official" and "unofficial" venue. 

22 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Most of those smaller ones aren't programmed. Bread & Roses is weird as they've always had stuff on but only the last few fests have they actually been in the programme. It's a weird distinction between "official" and "unofficial" venue. 

Places like the Fluffy Rock Cafe and Avalon Inn put people/bands on who come and ask for a gig once the festival has started and the gates are open, so it's not possible to publish the line up before the festival.

10 hours ago, incident said:

Anyone who doesn't mind an audit trail should have one at this point.

That is so true. Gone are the days when you had market traders 'choosing' how much they gave to the tax man. 

Mobile card reader technology has come on a lot in the last couple of years. Even independent traders can link a card reader to a phone or tablet now. 

There will be those traders that prefer cash but you should be able to pay for the majority of things using your card. 

• Upvote 1