Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

On 4/29/2022 at 7:22 AM, SGS said:

some of the volunteers do 6 four hour shifts and some do 3 eight hour shifts. I see somewhere that someone said that the local charity volunteers do 12 hour shifts but none where I am do. And yes all of them do overnight shifts. An example of one person I know their shift pattern is this Thursday 0000 - Thursday 0800, Friday 0800 - 1600, Saturday1600 - 0000

Our team do thursday and saturday 6pm to 6am or friday and sunday 6am to 6pm! But with all the changes this year who knows!!! 
the new campsites will add an interesting take on things!!! 
im wondering if Acadia may be a bigger space which is why have put moved extra public camping in the stewards camping in diary!

11 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Our team do thursday and saturday 6pm to 6am or friday and sunday 6am to 6pm! But with all the changes this year who knows!!! 
the new campsites will add an interesting take on things!!! 
im wondering if Acadia may be a bigger space which is why have put moved extra public camping in the stewards camping in diary!

Looking at the map, it is slightly, but also capacity is going up an extra 7000 supposedly.

Hmm so it looks like theres a Glade stage, and a Glade Dome.

No mention on the lineup so far about the lounge, spike or spaceport.  I suspect most of these are gone but it would surprise me if Spike didnt at least have something there.

Just now, siblin said:

Hmm so it looks like theres a Glade stage, and a Glade Dome.

No mention on the lineup so far about the lounge, spike or spaceport.  I suspect most of these are gone but it would surprise me if Spike didnt at least have something there.

Spike is listed at the bottom along with the Glade Lounge and Glade Cafe, but does look like Spaceport has gone

4 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Spike is listed at the bottom along with the Glade Lounge and Glade Cafe, but does look like Spaceport has gone

yeah just noticed on twitter GF refer to a "rebuilt spike venue" too.

35 minutes ago, siblin said:

Pst.  Doesnt say Glade lounge so i think thats gone, but it does look like theres a "The Wood" which suggests they are going to use the trees for something.

The Wood is the area over by JP stage which is run by the same people. Odd that they put it on the Glade poster though. 

On 5/8/2022 at 4:47 PM, al_coholic said:

Adding to the Bar Crawl list, for an Ale Drinker. Cockmill Bar, Avalon Inn and Tricketts

I need to remember the best places to buy ale.  I don't really do cider or other drinks and can't even remember at the moment what the standard bars sell (do they even all do real ale - I think most do?)  There was the beer bus in, I think T&C, which was the cheapest I found I think.  

Can you help prompt my lack of knowledge?

6 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I need to remember the best places to buy ale.  I don't really do cider or other drinks and can't even remember at the moment what the standard bars sell (do they even all do real ale - I think most do?)  There was the beer bus in, I think T&C, which was the cheapest I found I think.  

avalon was always the best but at a premium price which was £7 in 2019, vaguely remember getting a good one in the park area as well , possibly stonebridge? and if memeory serves i definitely got a pint of tribute somewhere on site 

7 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

avalon was always the best but at a premium price which was £7 in 2019, vaguely remember getting a good one in the park area as well , possibly stonebridge? and if memeory serves i definitely got a pint of tribute somewhere on site 

Yeah Avalon's great but probably the most expensive on site.  I think the bus I was thinking of was close and sold the same beer for £1.50 less so I nipped out, bought it from the bus and came back to Avalon!  

Strummerville definitely sell ale but what, I haven't a clue!

Edited by Beerqueen

27 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Best places for ale, in the last couple of festivals: 

Avalon as mentioned, but they do bung on a premium - which im reasonably happy to accept considering how beautiful the bar is! They often have 3 or 4 on tap, nothing of specific note that i recall, tending to focus on approx 4.5% brown stuff (whereas i'd prefer 7% dark stuff, but thats just me) 

Tricketts - had 6-8 ales on tap, ranging from light pales to slightly heavier bests etc, still nothing kickass but beautifully positioned

Cockmill bar by acoustic - about twenty ales on tap, and im sure i saw summer lightning on tap here, which is a right bloody result! They tend to open at midday thursday, and you'll fairly reliably find me there about that time 😋

Cornish bar, in the marketplace between pyramid and west holts ish - this is a regular stop for me cos i do like a pint of Proper Job. tribute will often be on as well, and that aint bad as well. Thank christ they dont have Doom Bar, dreadful muck that it is! 

Pretty much every bar will have some kind of ale on, last time it was often Bath Ales Gem, which is about 3.8% and is a light, refreshing and not bad at all pale. They might have called it Pyramid ale or something similar, but its just rebadged Gem! I can imagine there might be something of a revolution with the beer choices there this year, because crafty stuff is proliferating ever wider, and people are a bit more discerning - there's less enthusiasm for deeply average pints of cooking lager like Tuborg or Carlsberg, and  more for slightly more interesting stuff. If Tricketts can have a couple of kegs of Deya - steady rolling man then to be honest happily i'll bring my chair and pitch up there for a good pint daily! 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Avalon as mentioned, but they do bung on a premium - which im reasonably happy to accept considering how beautiful the bar is! They often have 3 or 4 on tap, nothing of specific note that i recall, tending to focus on approx 4.5% brown stuff (whereas i'd prefer 7% dark stuff, but thats just me) 

Tricketts - had 6-8 ales on tap, ranging from light pales to slightly heavier bests etc, still nothing kickass but beautifully positioned

Cockmill bar by acoustic - about twenty ales on tap, and im sure i saw summer lightning on tap here, which is a right bloody result! They tend to open at midday thursday, and you'll fairly reliably find me there about that time 😋

Cornish bar, in the marketplace between pyramid and west holts ish - this is a regular stop for me cos i do like a pint of Proper Job. tribute will often be on as well, and that aint bad as well. Thank christ they dont have Doom Bar, dreadful muck that it is! 

Pretty much every bar will have some kind of ale on, last time it was often Bath Ales Gem, which is about 3.8% and is a light, refreshing and not bad at all pale. They might have called it Pyramid ale or something similar, but its just rebadged Gem! I can imagine there might be something of a revolution with the beer choices there this year, because crafty stuff is proliferating ever wider, and people are a bit more discerning - there's less enthusiasm for deeply average pints of cooking lager like Tuborg or Carlsberg, and  more for slightly more interesting stuff. If Tricketts can have a couple of kegs of Deya - steady rolling man then to be honest happily i'll bring my chair and pitch up there for a good pint daily! 

Any ideas where I could get a Guiness?

3 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Any ideas where I could get a Guiness?

i think weirdly the Beat Hotel had Guinness and San Miguel on tap, now they're rebranded as San Remo i dunno if they'll have it on - im pretty sure one of the bars in Unfairground had Guinness as well, the one opposite Bez's. i often have a craving for a pint of Guinness, a proper pint and not the cans on a shaker nonsense . . .  

(the Unfairground bar also had beautifully cold Arbor pint cans including a belting gluten-free beer as well, its a very decent spot!)  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SGS said:

the used to sell  tribute and Doom at the landsend bar in the park

I don't recognise that name - will have to add it to my list, although it could be one of the ones that I've visited but not registered the name.

15 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Thanks - that all rings bells!  I tend to go for the lighter beers so that I can carry on drinking all day without ill effect.  I can picture the Cornish Bar but don't know if I've ever been in there.  And while I prefer real ale, I'm quite happy to have some craft as long as it's not too gassy.  

And yes, my husband has the same view of Doombar!

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s not the greatest beer in the world…

it's certainly drinkable but i agree with you. unfortunately London Pride, Whitstable Bay or Spitfire won't be dotted around the site so i'll have to make do. I'm more a lager drinker these days but i love the occasional afternoon ale or 2 to get me through the day into the evening