Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

28 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Some rumblings about how far away the cycle park has moved from the gate and cyclists camping vs 2019.  A green initiative getting a worse deal is a weird move

I noticed that too! Very strange! Though you can leave your bike at a lock up right?

29 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Some rumblings about how far away the cycle park has moved from the gate and cyclists camping vs 2019.  A green initiative getting a worse deal is a weird move

Shifted about 800m, not great. But there doesn't seem to be anything in its place?

27 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Never noticed the Other Stage impacting on The Glade, maybe it's the other way round but as i'm unlikely to be at the Other much, if at all, these days it doesn't bother me.

It is the other way around.  The Glade is audible over much of Other field.  It's very noticeable.

15 minutes ago, moogster said:

I noticed that too! Very strange! Though you can leave your bike at a lock up right?

That’s exactly what I’d be doing.  That poor nearest lock up 😂

16 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Shifted about 800m, not great. But there doesn't seem to be anything in its place?

Yeah that bit looks greyed out 🤷🏽‍♂️

3 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

It came from a rumour I heard.

The Glade has been in the same place next to the Other Stage for 20 years, if sound bleed was such an issue why wasn't it moved years ago?

It's weirder than that as it was moved to where it appears to be this year in 2014, then moved back.

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I hope it’s a big cock up 

I think we are seeing the continued shift in the festival behaviour away from what the PR say. The treatment of long-standing stewards (moving them outside the fence) and giving the greenest punters (cyclists) a worse deal.  Two pretty poor examples from the last two weeks.

I’m off to Shambala this summer and from I hear they lead the way with accommodating people bringing bikes to the festival. 

Edited by March Hare

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not as bad as Stonebridge/Park Stage

At least Stonebridge is a recognised stage/venue.

I may have mentioned it on here before (ahem) but the bleed from the bar just up from The Cider Bus all over Liam Gallagher made me go aaaggghhh. Was intolerable. 

And I'm not really sure if it was/is a legit music playing place.

Edit: And. The Senstion Seekers Stage and The Cabaret Tent could do with swapping PAs.

Wrong thread. As you were.

Edited by MrZigster

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

With everyone waiting so very long for a map, quite a lot of this thread has deteriorated into grumpy speculation. 

I prefer the usual pre festival mode of frothy excitement. 

When it really comes to it, people don't like change, despite speculating and getting excited about it for months prior

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

With everyone waiting so very long for a map, quite a lot of this thread has deteriorated into grumpy speculation. 

I prefer the usual pre festival mode of frothy excitement. 

I quite like the slightly overzealous fervor around it - excitement, speculation, hyperbole - the lot!

On 5/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, Cream Soda said:

I wonder if one of those toilets will be in the main Pylon bit and the other for staff?  Will be annoying if there's 2 in the staff side and none in the other! I camped in Pylon last time and was planning to return but may migrate to Bushy this time.

I looked on the map from last time and it didn’t seem to show all of the toilets that used to be in Pylon. They can’t leave a whole field without them, but equally that will take up even more space in the bit that’s left (and I don’t want to camp near the toilets lol)

2 hours ago, leath02 said:

When it really comes to it, people don't like change, despite speculating and getting excited about it for months prior

People are OK with change, most people here have been calling for big changes to Silver Hayes for years. They were also open/excited to Pangea after a long run of the spider. 

I guess The Glade is just one of those areas that felt pretty perfect and change there wasn't desired. 

1 hour ago, danssol said:

I missed out in 2019. It looks like the toilets have switched sides of the path in paines. Thinking I might have to move further over to the lock ups 

3FA085A4-D6F5-42A5-A7C9-288ECDF9EA8E.jpeg

The toilets aren't always on the exact same side of the path as shown on the map, think of it as more of a guide!

• Upvote 1