Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

1 hour ago, Staberinde said:

I reckon most years they've used the last years map and just edited it.

This year, it looks like they started completely afresh, from a blank slate.

The graphics looks crisp and clear, hats off to Glasto Cartographer, who ever they may be 👏

There was a big shift in design between 2014 and 2015.  This one is more subtle and looks like its based off the same "lines", but definitely a visual improvement.

55 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Of course this is undoubtedly likely to be true, there is still a fine balance to be had though. I know Glastonbury operates almost in a different dimension to other festivals, but Bestival got itself into a downward spiral that ultimately ended in its demise, through cutting back and ultimately not selling all the tickets and it became a bit of a vicious circle. Towards the end they had stuff half finished and ended up with a smaller main stage one year, as well as the move to the mainland to try and rescue itself but the diminished product sent ticket sales lower and lower.

Glastonbury can’t afford to take too many liberties with things as it can unravel very quickly.

Not being funny but outside of this forum the vast majority of people aren't going to notice or care if the Avalon Cafe has downsized, the Spaceport has been axed or The Glade has moved 20 feet to the right.

Edited by Winslow Leach

18 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

"More than 200,000 people are set to descend on Worthy Farm in Pilton to see performances from headliners Paul McCartney, Billie Eilish and Diana Ross."

That's not how you spell Kendrick Lamar.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Not being funny but outside of this forum the vast majority of people aren't going to notice or care if the Avalon Cafe has downsized, the Spaceport has been axed or The Glade has moved 20 feet to the right.

Loads of my mates are not on here and are gutted that the Glade tent may not be in its usual situ.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s called the thin end of the wedge.

I wouldn't confuse a brief balancing year with systematic salami slicing.  GFL isn't run as a cash cow like other festivals, so whilst the temptation to increase margin at the expense of client experience is there for commercial festivals its not as strong for glastonbury.  

You don't need to worry about long term decline of the festival whilst its structured the way it is.

57 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

That's quoting the obvious WL, which is fine. We are all Glastobaters here.

Imagine a group of chocolate lovers discussing the renovations of Willie Wonka's chocolate factory 😄

A significant amount of people only go to Glastonbury once and I am betting most of those don't bother researching or chat about it to other people.

Not like you and me aye? 😉

36 minutes ago, siblin said:

I wouldn't confuse a brief balancing year with systematic salami slicing.  GFL isn't run as a cash cow like other festivals, so whilst the temptation to increase margin at the expense of client experience is there for commercial festivals its not as strong for glastonbury.  

You don't need to worry about long term decline of the festival whilst its structured the way it is.

Exactly, if they really do need to cut back on a few venues to recover from the hit they took over the last few years, then sadly places like the Spaceport and Avalon Cafe are the obvious ones to go. 

I'm not even sure where the idea that The Glade is moving because of cost-cutting has even come from. Surely it's much more likely to be the sound bleed between Glade and Other?

1 hour ago, waynewdk said:

I was going to say this reads as a press release until I saw 

"It is home to the spectacular colosseum-like Temple stage, which will be replaced by a new stage - Totem, according to the map"

we've no information the temple is going?

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I was going to say this reads as a press release until I saw 

"It is home to the spectacular colosseum-like Temple stage, which will be replaced by a new stage - Totem, according to the map"

we've no information the temple is going?

Yeah they’ve misunderstood. Temple is staying and Totem is replacing a different venue (Samula?)

There is a nod to the new Totem area on the website:

Each year we host a a series of inspiring talks in The Common. This year don’t miss out… From 2pm – 6pm Friday and Saturday in Totem, The Common. Programme launch coming soon…

Which may have been called "Temple Talks" before?

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/temple-talks-2/

26 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I'm not even sure where the idea that The Glade is moving because of cost-cutting has even come from. Surely it's much more likely to be the sound bleed between Glade and Other?

It came from a rumour I heard.

The Glade has been in the same place next to the Other Stage for 20 years, if sound bleed was such an issue why wasn't it moved years ago?

6 minutes ago, compactdisc said:

There is a nod to the new Totem area on the website:

Which may have been called "Temple Talks" before?

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/temple-talks-2/

They were in the temple before, have they moved them or is the temple getting more of a change then we realised? 

Fairly sure we've already seen pictures of it starting being built though.

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

They were in the temple before, have they moved them or is the temple getting more of a change then we realised? 

Fairly sure we've already seen pictures of it starting being built though.

The link I followed was to Totem Talks, so I think they've just moved the talks. Interesting though because I wouldn't have thought the SAMULA stage suited this, so perhaps something new in store.

51 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

It came from a rumour I heard.

The Glade has been in the same place next to the Other Stage for 20 years, if sound bleed was such an issue why wasn't it moved years ago?

Its interesting as the sound bleed that bothers me the most is the Glade/ the horror that was Love Bullets overspilling into Leftfield.

40 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Its interesting as the sound bleed that bothers me the most is the Glade/ the horror that was Love Bullets overspilling into Leftfield.

LoveBullets was an abomination. Clearly a popular tent but should have replaced something in Silver Hayes.

Thankfully it was binned off for 2019 and beyond!

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

Lovebullets had an impact on The Glade too I remember, glad it went - it had a menacing vibe in there. Never noticed the Other Stage impacting on The Glade, maybe it's the other way round but as i'm unlikely to be at the Other much, if at all, these days it doesn't bother me.