Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

8 hours ago, stuie said:

I’m not 100% sure now… maybe it was the same. Brighton and Bestival look similar but maybe Glasto one was different, or just refurbished! 

C5293867-62CE-4B57-B1FD-5943D4B009B7.jpeg

There’s a company that tours with them, they have a bunch that all look basically the same but with unique quirks: https://www.vanrosmalen.com/spiegeltent/

The one used at Bestival also used to pop up in Nottingham city centre for a week or two every year while I was at Uni. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Did it need a bigger crowd and bigger acts though? Was the perfect spot to go see acts of the size that were on there. 

You are of course correct.

I’m just trying to find comfort somewhere 😭

As a regular Rivermead camper, we're slightly concerned about the additions on the staff camping and the removal of the footpaths/toilets/water stations for our area and Pylon. Hopefully this will be cleared up closer to the time but we may need to relocate to Bushy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

You are of course correct.

I’m just trying to find comfort somewhere 😭

Oh man I’m sorry 😭

OK… potential positives of new Glade stage…

It will tie in better with the Spike

Might be easier to see the stage

Should still be able to hear the tunes clearly from the trees

Old glade might provide a well needed spot to shelter from the sun/rain

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m gonna assume that the Glade move is possibly due to expansion with the new stage not being able to fit under the trees, or at least I hope that’s the case otherwise it seems like a dumb move to move it away from such a perfect location. Maybe they’ve got some bigger names than usual that they feel the need to accommodate. I’m sure it’ll still be fantastic regardless.

I'm going Groove Armada (Live) and Orbital as two of the headliners. Based on no info of course. 

Two artists I love so probably can't tell you if they're bigger than previous acts or not 😅.

53 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Only slither of comfort I’m taking from this Glade upheaval is that it might mean space for a bigger crowd & bigger acts?

Or is that wishful thinking?

Maybe another slot for Bicep live?

Paul Oakenfold is looking likely as not in Silver Hayes and has confirmed. 

Then you've got Sasha/ Digweed who should be making an appearance. 

and Carl Cox. 

My thought is they have screens in the woods showing the glade performance and speakers pumping it out. They actually had this last time to the right of the glade so maybe extending it. That or the Glade Lounge line-up is going into the woods and being more open air. Both options could work. 

Edited by danbailey80

46 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Maybe another slot for Bicep live?

Paul Oakenfold is looking likely as not in Silver Hayes and has confirmed. 

Then you've got Sasha/ Digweed who should be making an appearance. 

and Carl Cox. 

My thought is they have screens in the woods showing the glade performance and speakers pumping it out. They actually had this last time to the right of the glade so maybe extending it. That or the Glade Lounge line-up is going into the woods and being more open air. Both options could work. 

No way Bicep Live there - way too small and i think it needs the trees too. Maybe secret djs perhaps but seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

Did it need a bigger crowd and bigger acts though? Was the perfect spot to go see acts of the size that were on there.

Agree x10.

Over the years I've seen lots of acts early in the afternoon at Glade that often had smaller crowds and it never felt odd the way it would when you've got less than 50 people in a bigger tent.

Always been a comfortable feel in Glade no matter how many people. Nervous about the change...

19 hours ago, Simsy said:

Can you cut through Glasto Latino to get between West Holts and Avalon? I don't think you could last time.

Screenshot_20220504-135256.thumb.png.68d9222b83aa68953d6608fdc563acbc.png

I'm gonna get a reputation as a bubble burster here, but thats not on the larger, full quality map when you click through. 

Am I the only one who's a little bit excited about the change to the Glade?   This will be my 10th Glasto and it's partly the changes which keep me interested.  

Trust the festival, they make changes, some of them good, some of them less good, but they always put on a good show.  Even the less-good changes contribute to the experience.

5 minutes ago, siblin said:

I'm gonna get a reputation as a bubble burster here, but thats not on the larger, full quality map when you click through. 

It was yesterday, is there a new version now?

Was v1, now v1-1! Any other changes?

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

wow they changed that quick

they definteily watch these forums

Pretty good at ignoring my pleas for booking my favourite bands, backstage passes, and giving me hospitality tickets when i miss out on the sales though!

Yeah Glastonbury Festival - I know you can see this and I'm watching you!  👀

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

That area was even more beautiful without the big Glade stage so maybe they are having something else in the trees more like it was in 99/00. Surely not just a bar/ water station? 

My markets/bars map doesn't show anything at all in the trees. Just the trees.

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'm picturing a chill out area with a few canopies up. Could be pretty great if the weather's good. 

Yeah, that's what I figure - possibly with screens up to show what's happening in the upgraded Spaceport. That way peopel could still technically dance in the forested area and out the back (pretty sure there were screens out there too in 2019). 

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yeah me too.

I’m willing to go on with an open mind as the festival usually gets big changes right. 

But it really was magical, some of my favourite memories are dancing under those trees. 

As great as it was under the trees, it was often really hard to get space in there. Maybe they are addressing the crowding, it was chaotic at Carl Cox as people stumbled in and out of the trees (and that was day time!) 

18 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'm picturing a chill out area with a few canopies up. Could be pretty great if the weather's good. 

May be after the scorching 19 with noone able to find shade they've decided to use that natural shaded areas as such?

I'm excited for any changes tbh, understand if people are concerned that have happy memories of certain things you'll make new memories folks kn new areas.