Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

Wasn't a tent called love bullet right by the glade one year? That was great in there, remember they had people dressed up as Avatars 👍

Edited by gazzared

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

No mention of it in the 2019 line-up page.

Where have they said this?

Instagram message, was asking where she was playing as was hoping she would be day time a la Craig Charles but she’s actually 11pm Sunday night.

9 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Wasn't a tent called love bullet right by the glade one year? That was great in there, remember they had people dressed up as Avatars 👍

From what I remember there was some trouble and it's not been back since.

Edited by Gnomicide

2 hours ago, incident said:

Avalon Cafe Stage isn't gone, though. That info wasn't spot on.

The Stage is confirmed as still there just with a different catering outlet attached.

The info for Glade and the Avalon Cafe came from me but I did update later on to say the Avalon Cafe stage would be there but in another tent.

9 hours ago, jackarmy said:

Wonder whether Woodsies campsite is open to the general public this year, it's in a darker shade of green but still has Hositality Camping on the map 🤔

Hospitality Camping will from now on be referred to by me as Hostility Camping 

9 hours ago, ohmygod said:

Also the traditional location of the Shelter volunteers camping (Orchard?) is no longer shown as staff camping.  May have moved?

I was trying to work that out. Really hope it's moved should I get a spot with them again. Way too close to the naughty corner. We're helping to put the show on, please can we camp somewhere where we might get a couple of hours kip before the sun bakes us out of our tents.

9 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

As a Bushy regular, I'm a bit concerned about the knock-on effect of removing half of Pylon camping. It had already been getting harder to get a spot as the years have gone by, and this is only gonna make things worse 

I think this year on year. More capacity but less public camping. It seems. I may be wrong. Regular Row Mead resident here and they're pushing that back this year so am also a bit concerned.

9 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I wonder if they'll have actually finished building Glastonbury-on-Sea by the time the festival starts this year...

And the rest of it...

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, gazzared said:

As @Gnomicide said, there was trouble there. Saw about a dozen police there in 2017, either on the Saturday or Sunday - if memory serves it was rumoured to be to do with dealing. 
The “avatars” you saw were likely part of the Elrow show - that was a good party. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

As @Gnomicide said, there was trouble there. Saw about a dozen police there in 2017, either on the Saturday or Sunday - if memory serves it was rumoured to be to do with dealing. 
The “avatars” you saw were likely part of the Elrow show - that was a good party. 

Elrow - Scooby Doo trying to say "Elbow"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

If I saw more than 2 police officers together at Glastonbury I'd think it was odd. 

A load of coppers is never a good sight, particularly not a festival where they'd have a high tolerance for bull shit.

7 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Gutted about the Glade change. It seemed perfect, a really magical spot.

Yeah me too.

I’m willing to go on with an open mind as the festival usually gets big changes right. 

But it really was magical, some of my favourite memories are dancing under those trees. 

I’m gonna assume that the Glade move is possibly due to expansion with the new stage not being able to fit under the trees, or at least I hope that’s the case otherwise it seems like a dumb move to move it away from such a perfect location. Maybe they’ve got some bigger names than usual that they feel the need to accommodate. I’m sure it’ll still be fantastic regardless.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m gonna assume that the Glade move is possibly due to expansion with the new stage not being able to fit under the trees, or at least I hope that’s the case otherwise it seems like a dumb move to move it away from such a perfect location. Maybe they’ve got some bigger names than usual that they feel the need to accommodate. I’m sure it’ll still be fantastic regardless.

I'm not sure though that moving helps with crowd though as the spill off (and there always is with big acts) will block the public path that seperates the woods from new area. At least in woods if you hungabout at back you were still in the actual wood area. 

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm not sure though that moving helps with crowd though as the spill off (and there always is with big acts) will block the public path that seperates the woods from new area. At least in woods if you hungabout at back you were still in the actual wood area. 

I dunno, I’m sure there’s good reason for the move other than just moving it for the sake of it. I’m sure they’re aware of what a perfect location it was in and wrestled with the idea of moving it/not moving it. Not gonna let me dampen my spirits on it (unless we all turn up and it’s notably shitter - I’ll moan about that on the Tuesday afterwards).

I think there are quite a few things that aren’t right with the map and the Glade is probably one of them.

For example where is Firmly Rooted? That is nowhere to be seen in Silver Hayes yet was deliberately announced as a new stage just last week with the Silver Hayes announcement. Has it been cut in that time, or is it just missing? You’d assume it’s the latter, so the same could be the case for plenty of other things. Obviously something has changed about the Glade, but it doesn’t mean the change has to be a negative one.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Only slither of comfort I’m taking from this Glade upheaval is that it might mean space for a bigger crowd & bigger acts?

Or is that wishful thinking?

Did it need a bigger crowd and bigger acts though? Was the perfect spot to go see acts of the size that were on there. 

• Like 1

If you look at the url to the map, this is v1

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Glastonbury_Webmap_2022_PUBLIC_V1-1.png

in 2019 v4 was the final one so could likely get updates/corrections yet.

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Webmap-2019-v4-1.jpg

Edited by t0paz