Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

42 minutes ago, Simsy said:

My guess is the toilets and showers in WV and sticklinch aren't on the map because they're not "public" ones. They don't want you thinking you can nip up the hill to the WV loos if you're at strummerville.

Good point. Since nobody has access other than anyone with wristbands for that area. Thanks

58 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Yes exactly this. No way they get rid of the glade stage. It also has concrete pilla structures all year round to house the stage. 

Then what's the massive blue tent marked on the map 😉?  I'm afraid its wishful thinking - this shows the intention (at least today) of moving the Glade stage.  Unless something changes, we might as well get used to it!

It's not without precedent too - See 2013 (when the spider was in the same area) and 2014 (where they just decided not to have it there, presumably to limit noise clash with the other stage).

image.png.a45bcc1ce1af6ec39a5a3e426dfe1fa1.pngimage.png.b46a8db27121f92c90057f095edc10ca.png

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

So toilets and showers inside WV arent labeled I assume? Seems the only thing I dont see as the ones by Kidzfield are labeled.

The sumptuous refreshing showers and luxury flushing toilets with hot water basins are basically next to the farm buildings.  There is also an outdoor area for washing, teeth brushing etc. I think there are more toilets up at the far end of the campsite. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The sumptuous refreshing showers and luxury flushing toilets with hot water basins are basically next to the farm buildings.  There is also an outdoor area for washing, teeth brushing etc. I think there are more toilets up at the far end of the campsite. 

Flushing toilets are now a thing of the past … aren’t they ? 

4 minutes ago, siblin said:

Then what's the massive blue tent marked on the map 😉?  I'm afraid its wishful thinking - this shows the intention (at least today) of moving the Glade stage.  Unless something changes, we might as well get used to it!

A while ago I posted a rumour i'd heard that there wouldn't be a Glade Stage this year. I thought, and hoped, it couldn't be true but it's looking more and more likely it is. 😞

7 minutes ago, siblin said:

It's not without precedent too - See 2013 (when the spider was in the same area) and 2014 (where they just decided not to have it there, presumably to limit noise clash with the other stage).

image.png.a45bcc1ce1af6ec39a5a3e426dfe1fa1.pngimage.png.b46a8db27121f92c90057f095edc10ca.png

The massive blue tent is where spaceport normally is.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The massive blue tent is where spaceport normally is.

which is nowhere near that size.  This is the same size/shape icon as WOW, for comparison.

Edit:  Correction, same size/shape as Sonic.

Edited by siblin

Just now, siblin said:

which is nowhere near that size.  This is the same size/shape icon as WOW, for comparison.

That's true. And I suppose it's more in the space between Spaceport and Glade Lounge. My guess is it's replaced those two with a new venue.  Glade stays.

Time will tell.  BTW, Glade has disappeared before, way, way back in the day.  Maybe 2000, one year after it was introduced? My memory is fuzzy!

1 hour ago, compactdisc said:

This is the tunnel. Trying to recall if it was open at Worthy Pastures as I think it may have been closed off - hopefully just temporarily!

Closed for Worthy Pastures as it was being used for storage. 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's true. And I suppose it's more in the space between Spaceport and Glade Lounge. My guess is it's replaced those two with a new venue.  Glade stays.

Time will tell.  BTW, Glade has disappeared before, way, way back in the day.  Maybe 2000, one year after it was introduced? My memory is fuzzy!

yeah definitely wasnt there 2013 and 2014.

Id more guess that the main glade stage will be that blue blob.  Whether its the same shape as the old glade stage i dont know. There will still be other things in the trees.  I'm sure spike will still be there, and they might have something else in that new green spot (which has changed shape).

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

I wonder if one of those toilets will be in the main Pylon bit and the other for staff?  Will be annoying if there's 2 in the staff side and none in the other! I camped in Pylon last time and was planning to return but may migrate to Bushy this time.

The map symbol locations are not always completely accurate. For example, the toilet point in Bushy, (nearest to Rivermead) is always on the other side of the pink path to where it is showing on the map. So I'd guess at least one of the Pylon toilets will be public.

7 minutes ago, siblin said:

Id more guess that the main glade stage will be that blue blob.  Whether its the same shape as the old glade stage i dont know. There will still be other things in the trees.  I'm sure spike will still be there, and they might have something else in that new green spot (which has changed shape).

I wonder if they move the glade stage. which is the big white roof top that actually means you don't see the trees unless outside it. But they still incorporate the tree area as a large dancing area towards back of the crowd? 

11 minutes ago, siblin said:

The Glade was there in 2014 as I watched Nihal from Radio 1 do a DJ set there late on the Saturday night before heading to the SE Corner.

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I wonder if they move the glade stage. which is the big white roof top that actually means you don't see the trees unless outside it. But they still incorporate the tree area as a large dancing area towards back of the crowd? 

Actually the new tent is just exactly where the Glade Lounge would be and this was significantly bigger the last year. 

Still reckon it's just lacks detail and that tent is the Glade lounge and glade stage is still where it is. 

16 minutes ago, siblin said:

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

The Glade was there in 2014 as I watched Nihal from Radio 1 do a DJ set there late on the Saturday night before heading to the SE Corner.

Yeah it was there in 2014, remember watching Sasha! 

I wonder what the reasons were for turning half of Pylon and Rivermead into staff camping? I have camped in both for many years, it being a safe place to head for those who can only get there on Thursday afternoon. We have always managed to find somewhere to camp there with a bit of searching, and it was always a great, quiet place to camp. I am not sure where I would head I I thought thise campsites might already be full, I don't want to be lugging kit/beer across the site on Thursday afternoon. Those fields have been perfect over the last 10 years for the late arrivers. They are great sites and really close to Silver Hayes, JP and the Other Stage so wonder if that is the reason to keep the crew close to where they will be working? 

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I wonder what the reasons were for turning half of Pylon and Rivermead into staff camping? I have camped in both for many years, it being a safe place to head for those who can only get there on Thursday afternoon. We have always managed to find somewhere to camp there with a bit of searching, and it was always a great, quiet place to camp. I am not sure where I would head I I thought thise campsites might already be full, I don't want to be lugging kit/beer across the site on Thursday afternoon. Those fields have been perfect over the last 10 years for the late arrivers. They are great sites and really close to Silver Hayes, JP and the Other Stage so wonder if that is the reason to keep the crew close to where they will be working? 

Yup, we always camp in Rivermead. Like the space between tents and the quietness and we don't mind the trek back from the SE corner. Will be arriving 1st thing Wednesday so no problem getting a good spot. Just hope it doesn't get too rammed over the course of the Wed/Thurs. 

11 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

From reading various things on here it seems the extra 10k attendance has been utilised, which means more staff/volunteers are needed. Stinklinch has taken up some of the extra general punters (and B&W has taken up the capacity from CVW which it replaced) so it’s meant more camping space needed for staff/volunteers. That’s what I’ve taken from the various posts I’ve read on here at least.