Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

15 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

I’m 100% calling that extra greenery going from Worthy View towards the fence just before the Crows Nest as some sort of treetop bridge. 

Because drunk people, potential wet surfaces and heights go so well together. 

Never going to happen. 

29 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

I’m 100% calling that extra greenery going from Worthy View towards the fence just before the Crows Nest as some sort of treetop bridge. 

image.png.ae4256b46e46ef9efe01fcf5badfd7e0.png

This is just a hedge, within WV. We had friends who were camped against it in 2017 - we sat by their tent for a few hours on the Thursday morning so can remember it clearly. 

image.png.40d88a41a2199dbac387c21459bc5bff.png

15 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Never going to happen. 

There's already elevated walkways, drunk people and heights at the festival. 

No need for sarcasm. 

Just now, CH0161 said:

Is this green section south of the park now public camping? If so what area is it called? 

Got pals who camp there, we call it 'Behind The Park'

It was half public and half staff in 2019, so more space for punters this time out by the looks of it

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

You get priority entrance at A if you came by public transport, so I’d stick with that rather than wander down to D - it’s a bit of a tossup cos you never know where ridiculous queues will appear, I’d always rather go with the one in front of me than to trek to an unknown 

1 hour ago, MaseTMT said:

I'd just go in at Gate A and take the walkways to paines/dairy....will be a lot easier than walking on the mud/grass outside to then join a different queue

Awesome thanks both - I didn't know about the priority so will definitely head in that way!

1 minute ago, CH0161 said:

Is this green section south of Arcadia now public camping? If so what area is it called? 

Officially its part of Park Home, but has become cut off due to the expansion of Arcadia in recent years and doesn't have a separate name...which adds slight confusion when you try to explain to people where you usually camp!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

Big whack of Pylon ground has gone to staff only camping. Might ruffle a few feathers from fans of buzzing/fizzling. 

My big concern is that, if the map is correct, both the Pylon toilets/water sites are in staff camping. So there's no facilities in Rivermead or Pylon. 

May reconsider our spot in Rivermead this year.

10 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

This is just a hedge, within WV. We had friends who were camped against it in 2017 - we sat by their tent for a few hours on the Thursday morning so can remember it clearly. 

10 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Fair enough. Still convinced that the info was good though. I was hoping for something going the other way tbh, towards strummerville, but we’ll see. Maybe it proved too much. 

34 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Never going to happen. 

See also ribbon tower …. Walkways in woods … also don’t think it’s happening but not for this reason😀

2 hours ago, ohmygod said:

The walk between the Pyramid Stage and the Other Stage has shift to the left due to the move of the BBC Introducing stage.  As you'll now pass directly alongside it, that stage will gets loads of passing trade in the way it never has in the past 

Think that's a smart move.  It was way better positioned at the bottom of the Park for that reason.  I walked past a few times and went in just because I liked what I heard.

Raised walkways not my issue with it either

Number one thing is cost - appreciate WV pay more and will have their own pot - but why spend such a lot which disproportionately benefits such a small number of attendees

Number two is we would have seen something on the webcam by now

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

See also ribbon tower …. Walkways in woods … also don’t think it’s happening but not for this reason😀

I’ve never bothered going up the ribbon tower but it will have stewards at the bottom controlling the queue. If someone is hammered and looking like they may fall over would they stop them from going up?

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve never bothered going up the ribbon tower but it will have stewards at the bottom controlling the queue. If someone is hammered and looking like they may fall over would they stop them from going up?

Fair I presume not