Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

2 minutes ago, tarw said:

To get an idea of the increase the new camping will be have the staff that were previously in Dragon, Huntlands? And Dairy.

Dont forget that there has also been an increase in steward numbers so not all of it will be extra public 

What's going in Dragon field then? 

No idea. I would have thought that it would remain as crew of some sort to stop it being used to avoid the one way into SEC. 
Have you worked at the fest previously?  Your login to the website will probably still work if you want to have a look. 

6 minutes ago, tarw said:

No idea. I would have thought that it would remain as crew of some sort to stop it being used to avoid the one way into SEC. 
Have you worked at the fest previously?  Your login to the website will probably still work if you want to have a look. 

Only worked through a trader, so no login. Can I have a peek using yours? 😬

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

And hopefully no reason not to release the map now? 🤞

That would assume the map is being deliberately held back as a public relations choice.

There's still a decent chance it's because of operational reasons - I know there's supposed to be  few changes regarding campsites - crew camps moving, space previously allocated to staff open to the public, etc. Quite possible or even probable that we're waiting on that being finalised.

11 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

I heard that the person that does the map colouring has just found an eighth shade of pale green to make the map even more fucking confusing. 

Yeah their cartography definitely leaves something to be desired. They have the underlying GIS data in vector form, they have total freedom in styling. It is a hard problem, though. The map we'll all get when we arrive needs to both be detailed enough and legible enough to be useful, there's no zoom on paper. Especially at 1am in dim light, etc etc.

1 hour ago, SGS said:

there are still some details being finalised as the location of the crew/steward camping as many people are unhappy with the new location and some have already dropped out and are no longer going to be attending. I know of at least 1 meeting that is coming but not till next week. If they release the map before these planned meetings it means that there is no point in having them at all and more stewards may decide to jack it in. this leave the festival with a problem of having to recruit potentially significant numbers of people, get them through the training and verified in only 54 days. So I would expect to have to wait another week for the map. But that's just my best guess

Would people really pull out of Glastonbury entirely because they had a bad camp site?

10 minutes ago, cerv said:

Does that always work? I thought that east approach for west entry was not for use by regular car punters and more reserved for the various  coaches and other festival vehicles.

I'm not sure about what's happening this year, or whether it's just at specific times, but I've certainly seen the B3136 closed to unapproved traffic in the past.

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Would people really pull out of Glastonbury entirely because they had a bad camp site?

There are some that will need to walk for a minimum of 45 mins either end of a shift …. That’s a fair amount of walking before you start factoring in the extra walk back to the site for the non work side of things …. Like most things I’m sure there will be a few that drop out but also quite a lot of social media noise as people try and get the best they can but ultimately stick with it 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

There are some that will need to walk for a minimum of 45 mins either end of a shift …. That’s a fair amount of walking before you start factoring in the extra walk back to the site for the non work side of things …. Like most things I’m sure there will be a few that drop out but also quite a lot of social media noise as people try and get the best they can but ultimately stick with it 

In 2019 I had to walk from Stonebridge bar in the Park right across the site to Ped gate C, out the main gates and another 5 mins to my tent before and after each shift!

Luckily the weather was good that year. 😄 

12 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

We wouldn't, of course. Bear in mind that the people we're talking about are member of local groups - Carnival Clubs, Sports Teams, PTAs, etc etc that may not be nearly as fussed about Glastonbury itself and are doing this as much to raise funds for their group / spend time with their friends as to go to the festival.

They may look at something like this as extra unnecessary hassle - if the campsite is suddenly an hour away from their shift location for example.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

In 2019 I had to walk from Stonebridge bar in the Park right across the site to Ped gate C, out the main gates and another 5 mins to my tent before and after each shift!

I love being able to nip back to my tent … it’s actually a factor that puts me off working …. 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'd take a bike if I was you.