Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

8 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Arcadia is based on when it was in the SE Corner, and those Avalon times won't be right if there is no cut through into West Holts now. 

Arcadia to Park is just 5 minutes, surely the Arcadia times are based on current location? 10 mins to other sounds like the current location too.

It says Arcadia to Shangri La on the other hand is 35 minutes. I think your right on the cut through - that's probably what's making the difference.

46 minutes ago, Bradders said:

It’s really old tbf. Been around since before the John Peel moved so maybe about 2015?

I'd forgotten that John Peel moved.  it doesn't look far on the map, but as I recall from racing there in the heat in 2019, that move is actually significant 

I'm happy to put this new timings thing together, if everyone can send me roughly how long they think it is from certain key points of interest I will collate them, average them out and put it all in a new matrix, feel free to DM to ensure those tracking this thread aren't plagued by random messages

Edited by rockandnoll

14 minutes ago, rockandnoll said:

I'm happy to put this new timings thing together, if everyone can send me roughly how long they think it is from certain key points of interest I will collate them, average them out and put it all in a new matrix, feel free to DM to ensure those tracking this thread aren't plagued by random messages

Good idea. I’m afraid I won’t be much help. Does anyone else measure the routes by the number of cans to keep out of their bag for the walk?

”John Peel to shangri-la? We better leave now- that’s a good two can journey”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, rockandnoll said:

Oh no, this has to be hammered out in public, otherwise we'll all have to do some actual work.

Edit: but maybe in a new thread.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

3 hours ago, Charm said:

Love this map, it’s a bit old but the detail is ace. 
Charm x

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvktfly5f2w3jiu/2016-General-Site-Plan-v3.pdf?dl=0

The 2019 access map is great for detail on the central areas and the colour coding is helpful.

We had a laminate of this to help find our way around for our first festival and mark on nice food places and things with a Sharpie.

image.thumb.png.4748d22f137af634a1509a146765d38f.png

10 hours ago, David_303 said:

You're not far off.

Im gonna guess the Other stage is going to be pushed back 20 meters or so to increase the other stage area which has sometimes become a bit crowded by the food vans at the back.  This might mean dreamtime bar has to be moved, and maybe changes to the glade which might be more affected by the sound from the other stage.

19 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Shangri La to john peel in 40 minutes feels ambitious even not at peak time and without mud.  

I managed Maceos to right by JPT in about that time in 2019 - at 6am. I weaved a bit.

I slowed down crossing the Pyramid field looking for dropped cash - even though this was Friday morning so no crowds at the Pyramid the night before... 🤣

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 1