RIP Taylor Hawkins

rascalpete

2 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Jesus man, how many more times, I didn't start the discussion, I was replying to Neil, It was a mistake to do so in this particular thread and I have apologised, I've just got tickets for Glastonbury so as far as I'm concerned this thread is over, I've got better things to do and so won't respond any further, I won't hold my breath waiting for the congratulations from my "mates" in here!

I thought you'd already left?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Colombia probably isn’t the best place to be when you’ve got a drug problem.

Yeah I thought that, tho it's about the only drug not on the toxicology report. 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

opioids...that's what's killing everyone in US...not bloody vaccines. So sad. 

So many of the fast living types - musicians, wrestlers especially in the past (SO many from the 80s and 90s died young), seem to end up on those and the prescription stuff. You don't hear as much about those particular substances over here 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

So many of the fast living types - musicians, wrestlers especially in the past (SO many from the 80s and 90s died young), seem to end up on those and the prescription stuff. You don't hear as much about those particular substances over here 

A large part of that is that is the broken healthcare system in the US - drug companies offer doctors kickbacks based on how much they prescribe, so people end up overprescribed or even on shit they don't need.

38 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Would’ve been special to come together at those shows to mourn him together with the band but totally understandable that that just wasn’t going to happen. Hope they tour again in the future but if they don’t then that’s understandable too. God bless. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, efcfanwirral said:

John Oliver's show has done several things about opioids, and whenever it touches on that stuff, it astonishes me they are allowed for such widespread use.

On 3/27/2022 at 9:32 AM, Neil said:

hospitals were doing that before the vaccines', my 86 year old mum, caught covid in hospital and breezed thru having it, the hospital were right on top of it thu, steroids and oxygen to get her thru the worst part.

Vaccines have dramatically reduced the death rate of covid. Your mum breezing through it, whilst fantastic for her and you, is pretty meaningless in the grander scheme of things, the equivalent of the ‘my gran smoked 60 a day for 70 years and lived to 90 so smoking doesn’t kill’ argument, for every 1 of your Mum there’s hundreds if not thousands of people who didn’t breeze through it, in fact don’t get through it at all. Whilst the hospitals have done fantastic work it’s the vaccine programme that’s winning the fight.

45 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I had tickets to one of the London shows, but as said above, it would've been more of a surprise if they and indeed all other shows actually went ahead as planned so soon after this terrible event. Totally understandable they're not gonna go ahead with them.

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Dopesick on Disney Plus is a scary, scary look into how the Opiod epidemic started in USA. The drug industry over there is exactly that, hawk as many pills as possible to make as much $$$ as possible regardless of the consequences. 

Great show. Unbelievably harrowing. 

18 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I had tickets to one of the London shows, but as said above, it would've been more of a surprise if they and indeed all other shows actually went ahead as planned so soon after this terrible event. Totally understandable they're not gonna go ahead with them.

Snap

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Inevitable. Imagine they’ll go quiet for a year or so now before announcing any future plans or a replacement for Taylor, and understandably so.

Yes , that’s what will happen. I reckon the band will be back next year but finding a replacement won’t be easy, replacing such a talented effervescent character . The bands return, whenever it happens will be an emotional moment but that will be the last thing on their minds as they mourn the loss of Taylor. 

I don’t know whether this is just a delayed reaction, or it’s just hit me, but I can’t believe that now one of the staple bands we see on lineups across the world every year - one of the biggest bands of our current generation, gone in a flash.

It’s so insane they had so many years left in them. It’s gutting. I know Dave will likely continue with something new, but it’s actually crazy to think that may be it for the Foo Fighters now. A band we got so comfortable with always being on the festival / touring circuit. A big name to go.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t know whether this is just a delayed reaction, or it’s just hit me, but I can’t believe that now one of the staple bands we see on lineups across the world every year - one of the biggest bands of our current generation, gone in a flash.

It’s so insane they had so many years left in them. It’s gutting. I know Dave will likely continue with something new, but it’s actually crazy to think that may be it for the Foo Fighters now. A band we got so comfortable with always being on the festival / touring circuit. A big name to go.

I really doubt that’s it for them. He started the band without Taylor and he’ll continue on without him, even if it takes him a while to get there. The band dynamic will be totally different, granted, but I just don’t see them packing it in.