RIP Taylor Hawkins

rascalpete

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Back in 2017 my wife and I weren’t in the best place. We’d recently had a bereavement in her immediate family and another significant life event in her immediate family which I won’t go into. On top of that I’d been struggling with work and was feeling low - hence changing careers to teaching. We worked hard on the relationship and were in a better place but by no means a good place by the time the festival came around, the first we’d been to. This photo captures a moment I can pinpoint as being the one we knew we’d be ok. The festival was a real unifying experience for us where we “found ourselves” again and seeing Dave and the lads play El Pointo was a key moment. An acoustic version of Everlong was our first dance when we got married in 2015.
We’re on the left of this photo, and I think you can see how happy we are to be properly together again.

Thank you Foos, thanks Taylor. 

C2569DD3-1147-49E1-B7E6-AF9351EE8BAE.jpeg

A really wonderful post that made me well up. All the best to you both. 

• Upvote 1

Huge fan, seen them 14 times I think. To see them at Glastonbury was such a privilege and one of only maybe three pyramid headliners I’ve watched all the way through. To see them win over a crowd who bought tickets not even knowing they were playing was superb. Devastated for his family and friends. The Foos will never be the same 💔

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

A. There is no "covid vaccine" there are several, are they all equally safe or could there be some more risky than others?

B. "proven to be safe" by who? well actually it was the companies making the vaccines who did the testing and it turns out they maybe didn't do such a great job, https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

C. "No reason to think anyone is dying from it", except there are confirmed deaths due to the vaccines,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57781637

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58380867

There is a proven link to heart inflammation after vaccination so it's hardly surprising people may speculate on this possible cause.

It looks to me like the one with an agenda is you, you have shut down twice the covid discussion threads and are now making blanket assertions about the safety of the vaccines when the facts are still being established, the risk/reward balance of vaccines at the moment needs to be considered carefully when the current covid strain is so mild.

Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it so.

(you will notice I have only linked "respectable" sources here, the BMJ and the BBC can hardly be considered anti-vax)

Really? Does this feel like the time and the place to do this?

26 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

There’s a time and a place for this kind of thing. This is not it. A little more sensitivity would not go amiss.

You're right this is not the right thread, but I didn't bring the subject up just responded to another post, the "correct" thread has been closed again, Neil doesn't seem to like the discussion but is happy to make his own point in this thread. Anyway sorry if my post upset anyone and R.I.P. Taylor.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

You're right this is not the right thread, but I didn't bring the subject up just responded to another post, the "correct" thread has been closed again, Neil doesn't seem to like the discussion but is happy to make his own point in this thread. Anyway sorry if my post upset anyone and R.I.P. Taylor.

Fuck up mate

Genuinely rather gutted by this. You can say what you like about Foo Fighters but as a live act they are up there with the best, and Taylor Hawkins is very much part of that. 

Such an impactful band during my formative years - Foos were the first 'proper' band I saw live. Their Hyde Park show the following year essentially got me hooked on going to gigs, festivals and all that.

I've had a lot of good times at Foo Fighters gigs. I feel like this is one of the harder-hitting musician deaths in a while.

27 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You're right this is not the right thread, but I didn't bring the subject up just responded to another post, the "correct" thread has been closed again, Neil doesn't seem to like the discussion but is happy to make his own point in this thread.

Nah, don't play that shite. You know as well as I do you got more than enough opportunities spew tonnes of your vaccine opinions in the covid threads when they were alive (which the vast majority of your post history over the past two years is dedicated to). Literally the only time you  pop up is when something vaccine related comes along and barely contribute to the forum outside of that.

Take a fucking seat and let people remember this amazing bloke.

• Upvote 7

Think it was just last week there was a brief discussion on here about their Wembley gigs in 2008. That show was such an important part of my life, for so long. It was such fun for it to be jogged to the front of my mind again.

My fiancé is slightly confused as to why I am so torn up about this, and keep crying, as Foo Fighters haven't played a big part in my musical life since we've been together - but there's just something about those acts that were there for you during lonely, teenage years. Foo Fighters were a big part of that time for me - I can't even explain why but I know I walked a little bit taller, felt a little bit more confident, when I was moving through school with their tunes playing in my ears.

And time after time, all I've ever heard about Taylor was that he was a super chill, humble guy who just loved music and drumming - and just was living his dream, and nailing it year after year.

This pic is from when I saw them in Boston in 2011. Yet another fab night, that I will not forget.

339788_10150943181310181_1412852141_o.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You said it best in your first post -

"Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it so."

Anyway, back to the topic. RIP Taylor, devastating news.

Just listened to Cold day in the Sun with a tear in my eye. 

They were my favourite band for a few years in my teens and Everlong remains one of the most significant songs of my entire life. Cant remember a musical death hitting me as hard as this (37), which I was not expecting tbh.

My feeling just now is that the Foos have played their last song too. Some people are irreplaceable in a band, I feel he may fall into that category

RIP Hawkins 

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

51 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

At least you’ll be able to forward this thread to your mates as further proof that you’ve all been silenced or cancelled or something.

1 hour ago, ticketboy69 said:

Is that kind of comment really necessary? Only commenting on this because there is no down vote for your account. 

its just a true fact that came to mind when i heard he'd died.

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

It's called eFestivals, mate. Not eConspiracies. Keep up.

3 hours ago, gizmoman said:

A. There is no "covid vaccine" there are several, are they all equally safe or could there be some more risky than others?

B. "proven to be safe" by who? well actually it was the companies making the vaccines who did the testing and it turns out they maybe didn't do such a great job, https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

C. "No reason to think anyone is dying from it", except there are confirmed deaths due to the vaccines,

There is a proven link to heart inflammation after vaccination so it's hardly surprising people may speculate on this possible cause.

It looks to me like the one with an agenda is you, you have shut down twice the covid discussion threads and are now making blanket assertions about the safety of the vaccines when the facts are still being established, the risk/reward balance of vaccines at the moment needs to be considered carefully when the current covid strain is so mild.

(you will notice I have only linked "respectable" sources here, the BMJ and the BBC can hardly be considered anti-vax)

Get fucked 

6 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Think it was just last week there was a brief discussion on here about their Wembley gigs in 2008. That show was such an important part of my life, for so long. It was such fun for it to be jogged to the front of my mind again.

My fiancé is slightly confused as to why I am so torn up about this, and keep crying, as Foo Fighters haven't played a big part in my musical life since we've been together - but there's just something about those acts that were there for you during lonely, teenage years. Foo Fighters were a big part of that time for me - I can't even explain why but I know I walked a little bit taller, felt a little bit more confident, when I was moving through school with their tunes playing in my ears.

And time after time, all I've ever heard about Taylor was that he was a super chill, humble guy who just loved music and drumming - and just was living his dream, and nailing it year after year.

This pic is from when I saw them in Boston in 2011. Yet another fab night, that I will not forget.

339788_10150943181310181_1412852141_o.jpg

What a lovely post. Sadly out of upvotes but I fully understand the sentiment about feeling so much for your teenage bands.

This really hit home. Been numb all day. Seen the Foos many times over the years, the one thing that’s always been at the forefront of their shows is the need to put on a show for the fans. Taylor was a massive part of that. Just absolutely gutted.

And for anyone using this thread to spout off about their anti vax conspiracies - shut the fuck up (really can’t emphasise that last part enough).

RIP Taylor

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EssexIndie said:

And for anyone using this thread to spout off about their anti vax conspiracies - shut the fuck up (really can’t emphasise that last part enough).

RIP Taylor

Well said. The Foo's were a long way from my favourite band, but it's clearly a sad day & to use a tragedy like this to spout conspiracy theory anti-vax bullshit is beyond the pale.

Regardless of whether you love the band, he's always come across as a thoroughly decent human being.

11 hours ago, gizmoman said:

I lost my Dad to Covid.

You are a c**t.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I lost my Dad to Covid.

You are a c**t.

Sorry for your loss but I don't see how my post is relevant, I'm not just a c**t but a twat and an absolute idiot as well if you read some of the replies, some of the people on here managed to criticise in a reasonable way and I thank them for that, no need to get unpleasant. I'll say it again I'm sorry if I've upset people but I was responding to someone else bringing up the subject. I'm entitled to a say just as Neil is even if my opinion isn't shared by people on here.

• Downvote 1