RIP Taylor Hawkins

rascalpete

18 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Sorry for your loss but I don't see how my post is relevant, I'm not just a c**t but a twat and an absolute idiot as well if you read some of the replies, some of the people on here managed to criticise in a reasonable way and I thank them for that, no need to get unpleasant. I'll say it again I'm sorry if I've upset people but I was responding to someone else bringing up the subject. I'm entitled to a say just as Neil is even if my opinion isn't shared by people on here.

You’re right, everyone is entitled to a say.

I’m using mine to call you a c**t.

Coming on to a thread about a man who’s death had nothing to do with Covid with a load of anti-vax shite makes you a c**t.

Now fuck off.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

You’re right, everyone is entitled to a say.

I’m using mine to call you a c**t.

Coming on to a thread about a man who’s death had nothing to do with Covid with a load of anti-vax shite makes you a c**t.

Now fuck off.

It wasn't me who suggested that the vaccine may have had a role in Taylor's death, I didn't bring the subject of vaccine safety up, Neil did, the post I made contains links from the British medical journal and the BBC, if you think they contain "anti-vax shite" maybe you should complain to them. It was all factually correct as far as i can tell. Still I'll take your advice and fuck off, seems to be a waste of time trying to have a reasonable discussion on here.

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

It wasn't me who suggested that the vaccine may have had a role in Taylor's death, I didn't bring the subject of vaccine safety up, Neil did, the post I made contains links from the British medical journal and the BBC, if you think they contain "anti-vax shite" maybe you should complain to them. It was all factually correct as far as i can tell. Still I'll take your advice and fuck off, seems to be a waste of time trying to have a reasonable discussion on here.

Toodles.

I often think with bands that if you’re well known as the none-front person then you’re doing something very well.

Especially, when the band you’re in has a front man like Dave Grohl who played your instrument in his very very famous previous band. 

And Taylor’s talent was immeasurable as well as him seeming to be a top bloke.

My friend’s band were due to support from in Summer and as she plays drums I was buzzing that she might get a chance to chat to him about drumming or just general life. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Really don’t want to turn this it a huge covid debate but after seeing people link the vaccine to so many deaths recently like Shane Warne, Scott Hall and Taylor Hawkins it seems.

Why do people say it’s the Vaccine that’s caused it but not any other health issues? But the same people mention under lying health issues so much when trying to rubbish covid death rate figures? 

Sounds like a case of picking choosing to suite an agenda. 

23 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Back in 2017 my wife and I weren’t in the best place. We’d recently had a bereavement in her immediate family and another significant life event in her immediate family which I won’t go into. On top of that I’d been struggling with work and was feeling low - hence changing careers to teaching. We worked hard on the relationship and were in a better place but by no means a good place by the time the festival came around, the first we’d been to. This photo captures a moment I can pinpoint as being the one we knew we’d be ok. The festival was a real unifying experience for us where we “found ourselves” again and seeing Dave and the lads play El Pointo was a key moment. An acoustic version of Everlong was our first dance when we got married in 2015.
We’re on the left of this photo, and I think you can see how happy we are to be properly together again.

Thank you Foos, thanks Taylor. 

C2569DD3-1147-49E1-B7E6-AF9351EE8BAE.jpeg

Beautiful post mate 

3 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

And most important, it saves people from dying 🙏

hospitals were doing that before the vaccines', my 86 year old mum, caught covid in hospital and breezed thru having it, the hospital were right on top of it thu, steroids and oxygen to get her thru the worst part.

At Royal Blood last night in Bham a lot of the pre gig music being played was Foos, the Amazons supported and did a cover of My Hero, and Ben Thatcher the RB drummer did an extended drum solo with a photo of himself with Taylor on the big screen from when they supported Foos on tour. Emotional night, a lot of fan crossover with FF and RB

2AA47381-AEEF-4937-A895-A3E8F9013F92.jpeg

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Just think for a moment why you feel it’s appropriate to start a “reasonable discussion” about vaccines on an RIP thread for a sad and untimely death that had fuck all to do with Covid or vaccines!?

Just now, wilko8 said:

Just think for a moment why you feel it’s appropriate to start a “reasonable discussion” about vaccines on an RIP thread for a sad and untimely death that had fuck all to do with Covid or vaccines!?

Jesus man, how many more times, I didn't start the discussion, I was replying to Neil, It was a mistake to do so in this particular thread and I have apologised, I've just got tickets for Glastonbury so as far as I'm concerned this thread is over, I've got better things to do and so won't respond any further, I won't hold my breath waiting for the congratulations from my "mates" in here!

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

Jesus man, how many more times, I didn't start the discussion, I was replying to Neil, It was a mistake to do so in this particular thread and I have apologised, I've just got tickets for Glastonbury so as far as I'm concerned this thread is over, I've got better things to do and so won't respond any further, I won't hold my breath waiting for the congratulations from my "mates" in here!

This thread has nothing to do with getting tickets for Glastonbury

36 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

gizmoman has form for posting utter shite.

Hawkins survived a heroin overdose in August 2001 that left him in a coma for two weeks. “I just got out of control for a while,” he later said. “I took it too far. I’m glad it got knocked on the head at that point.”

from here.

3 hours ago, Divein said:

Really don’t want to turn this it a huge covid debate but after seeing people link the vaccine to so many deaths recently like Shane Warne, Scott Hall and Taylor Hawkins it seems.

Why do people say it’s the Vaccine that’s caused it but not any other health issues? But the same people mention under lying health issues so much when trying to rubbish covid death rate figures? 

Sounds like a case of picking choosing to suite an agenda. 

Yeah, they’re quick to say that people died ‘with COVID, not of COVID’ but when they’re trying to push the anti-vax conspiracy theory suddenly it’s ‘died because of the Vaccine’ not ‘died with the vaccine’

Seems that many acts who were playing last night made a point to acknowledge Taylor's passing, or say a few words (Royal Blood, Liam Gallagher, Stereophonics, Sam Fender that I've heard about at least).

But this from Elton is really nice.

Mad to think but I'm certain that Taylor would have had no idea how he had touched the lives of so many rock and roll legends.

21 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Think it was just last week there was a brief discussion on here about their Wembley gigs in 2008. That show was such an important part of my life, for so long. It was such fun for it to be jogged to the front of my mind again.

My fiancé is slightly confused as to why I am so torn up about this, and keep crying, as Foo Fighters haven't played a big part in my musical life since we've been together - but there's just something about those acts that were there for you during lonely, teenage years. Foo Fighters were a big part of that time for me - I can't even explain why but I know I walked a little bit taller, felt a little bit more confident, when I was moving through school with their tunes playing in my ears.

And time after time, all I've ever heard about Taylor was that he was a super chill, humble guy who just loved music and drumming - and just was living his dream, and nailing it year after year.

This pic is from when I saw them in Boston in 2011. Yet another fab night, that I will not forget.

339788_10150943181310181_1412852141_o.jpg

This is beautiful