How did you celebrate after you realised you Got In

marathonsteve

Got even more drunk and watched Gareth Bale do Gareth Bale things in Cardiff. What a man.

Very good night for me last night. Congrats to everyone who got em and good luck on Sunday for those without. It did seem easier to get through this time so many reasons to be optimistic. 

Edited by Superunknown

I got in, to see my registration had already purchased tickets. Needless to say I was both surprised and delighted. A few seconds later, a text came through from the superstar who bought me them.

So I proceeded to keep trying for other efesters! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

I got in, to see my registration had already purchased tickets. Needless to say I was both surprised and delighted. A few seconds later, a text came through from the superstar who bought me them.

So I proceeded to keep trying for other efesters! 

Very cool. 

40 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

The few seconds between knowing someone had bought me tickets but not knowing who was quite surreal.

Had exactly the same thing myself - got in, put ref numbers in to be told we’d already got tickets - then the email came through while we were trying for others (no luck there unfortunately!) took a while before I got the message and found out which wonderful human it was who’d bought them!

I was on the call to @deebeedoobeeas she was trying.... we went through all of the coach departures in the South... it wasn't working then the rumors of sold out started....

As we kept trying, I got a message a single ticket from Brighton on Wednesday was secured in my name....  

Unbelievable.  I've been stunned ever since.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

The few seconds between knowing someone had bought me tickets but not knowing who was quite surreal.

As was the moment that you got a ticket for me one year. One of the two years that I didn't actually go despite having a ticket (I gave both tickets to friends to give to someone without a ticket ie. a 'Willy Wonka Golden Ticket'. i say that because they were 'given'  - no payment asked for. 

Anyway, I have digressed (now, that's unlike me!). What I'm trying to get to is to say that I am made up that both you and crazyfool1 got tickets. I'm happy for all others off here who did too, but I'm afraid that you two's only registered with me. My brain can be like that. Well, what's left of it can be.

Really chuffed for you both. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Peroni said:

I was on the call to @deebeedoobeeas she was trying.... we went through all of the coach departures in the South... it wasn't working then the rumors of sold out started....

As we kept trying, I got a message a single ticket from Brighton on Wednesday was secured in my name....  

Just glad you are sorted and get to come and play at our village fete.

12 hours ago, Peroni said:

That’s amazing, so happy for you lovely. 
Charm x

I was in Kiev for the original sale going to Chernobyl. The hotel Wi-Fi was absolutely atrocious and I had the 3 lads I was with trying to get tickets as well as my girlfriend and her parents back home (who I go with). Sale finishes and no messages or tickets im absolutely devastated! About an hour later im checking my WhatsApp messages and find out my father in law got tickets in the last few minutes and we are going! I celebrated so hard I think I’ve still got the hangover to this day 🤣

We were in Athens, seems an age ago, on dodgy wi-fi at our hotel. Mates back home got them. Coach resale this year was the first time I've got onto the booking page in years.

Celebrated with a good meal and a trip around the Acropolis, followed by cocktails. It was a very good day, but then all successful ticket days are.

I sent a what’sapp to my mates, went to a pub in Cardiff, had a pint and listened to many of honour while continuing the chat.

Then a bus to London to watch an NFL game basically listening to many of honour on repeat while going back through the chat at the point when my mates realised they had tickets.

Great feeling to reciprocate my mate who is the reason i go to Glastonbury and has always got tickets in the past!

• Like 1