London Coaches

gfa

Whats the deal on these again- i've asked before but cannot quite remember. We have 2 people at 6am and then 4 at 8am on the wednesday - is there any chance we can travel together or not really?

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Whats the deal on these again- i've asked before but cannot quite remember. We have 2 people at 6am and then 4 at 8am on the wednesday - is there any chance we can travel together or not really?

On the way down, nope. The ticket bundles will be given to the drivers for that coach-load of punters, so you'll need to be on your respective coaches.

What you could do is swap some some gear around between you so that those on the first coach can get in the queue with all of the tents and bag you a camping spot together.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

On the way down, nope. The ticket bundles will be given to the drivers for that coach-load of punters, so you'll need to be on your respective coaches.

What you could do is swap some some gear around between you so that those on the first coach can get in the queue with all of the tents and bag you a camping spot together.

Thats the plan cheers - its pretty much a free for all on the way back to London right?

From what I read there is no problem to return in a Coach for different time right? I got my return at noon but no way I am going to be until then in the farm on Monday and I am planning to take an earlier one. Are the buses returning to London usually with space enough to take earlier coaches?

2 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

From what I read there is no problem to return in a Coach for different time right? I got my return at noon but no way I am going to be until then in the farm on Monday and I am planning to take an earlier one. Are the buses returning to London usually with space enough to take earlier coaches?

We tried to get an earlier one once, but they said no and put us into a pen for the one we’d booked about 2 hours later. In the end I think we did get on one earlier than booked, but it wasn’t just a rock up and get on the first one situation.

22 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

I'm on the 6AM Wednesday coach from London as well.

I'm having a nightmare trying to see where to stay the night before and where to leave my luggage while at Glastonbury 😞

Luckily for us the train into london from where we live runs through the night although our 6am people are considering a hostel

1 hour ago, buffy394 said:

In a panic yesterday weve ended up with 4pm return on the Monday back to London.

Please for the love of god tell me theres a chance we can rock up and get an earlier one!?

Never had more than a cursory glance at my ticket (and once not even that). Just rock up. They want the coaches filled and gone. 

3 hours ago, Bradders said:

We tried to get an earlier one once, but they said no and put us into a pen for the one we’d booked about 2 hours later. In the end I think we did get on one earlier than booked, but it wasn’t just a rock up and get on the first one situation.

Oh on a see coach?  That's the opposite of my experience.  You were penned up until the next coach to your destination, but they weren't fussed about time, they just wanted to fill the coach as much as possible.

Just now, clarkete said:

Oh on a see coach?  That's the opposite of my experience.  You were penned up until the next coach to your destination, but they weren't fussed about time, they just wanted to fill the coach as much as possible.

Good point, this was National Express, not See.

4 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

I'm having a nightmare trying to see where to stay the night before and where to leave my luggage while at Glastonbury 😞

Also on the 6am from London and weighing up a taxi to the o2 (which in itself apparently takes an hour or so from SW London) or trying to book a hotel for the night nearby.

4 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

Ditto - never got a coach before - where do we depart from?

15 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Ditto - never got a coach before - where do we depart from?

Where are you coming from?

The coaches depart from the O2/Greenwich, which is kind of a pain at 6AM because I think the tube starts at around 5-5.30. 

https://goo.gl/maps/bWNFQdQfg6x8zQwRA

Edited by Calvin Klein
added map link

1 hour ago, Calvin Klein said:

Where are you coming from?

The coaches depart from the O2/Greenwich, which is kind of a pain at 6AM because I think the tube starts at around 5-5.30. 

https://goo.gl/maps/bWNFQdQfg6x8zQwRA

Yep you will need to get a cab at that time, I was in the 5am last time out and have been on the 7 numerous times (we always book singles so have more flexible return options). Also the organisation at the O2 by see is shocking, NE from Victoria a much better operation and more sensible place to leave from, but hey who cares you have the golden ticket