Taunton Coach Location

adamg1602

5 hours ago, adamg1602 said:

Hi.. does anyone know the location of the coach pick up spot in Taunton.

Thanks

1 hour ago, micropizza said:

Same query, got lucky last night with tickets just in time for my 40th on the 25 June!

(but have never used coach and have zero idea location, amount-of-gear allowance etc)

Ok so the last time they picked up from the bridge in Tangier way … see map … they do change though so don’t take this as gospel … any other questions ref Taunton give me a shout … I’ll be on one of the wed busses for the first time in 14 festivals 

3DEED3AF-9130-4075-B490-A11F9C7FAB68.png

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

I'm dropping my daughter off on Thursday morning in Taunton (I live in Manchester and she lives in Bath!).

I did drop my friend off a few years ago, and remember it being 9-10am coach from Castle Street, though think the location and times change year on year! National Express usually send out details in May. 

2 hours ago, Skelts said:

paging @crazyfool1, our resident Taunton expert.  

@Crazyfool1 is spot in. In 2019 the coach picked up from the bridge on Tangier Way. All years before that it picked up from Tangiers car park. There is a handy Tesco's just along the road for those early morning supplies. No idea yet where it will be this year.

Taunton.PNG

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sonicforest? said:

We are going from here too Wednesday. Anyone know what sort of times they’re expected to set off? And if there’s more than one departure time, do we get to choose or are they randomly allocated? Not been on a coach since 2010 

You don’t get to choose.

in the past there have been departures early morning and then others around lunchtime. Anecdotally I ‘think’ those who have got tix in the resale seem to be allocated on the lunchtime coaches, but that’s just been my experience and from comments on here that people have left.

most important thing is, you are going to the best party in the world!! Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

You don’t get to choose.

in the past there have been departures early morning and then others around lunchtime. Anecdotally I ‘think’ those who have got tix in the resale seem to be allocated on the lunchtime coaches, but that’s just been my experience and from comments on here that people have left.

most important thing is, you are going to the best party in the world!! Enjoy.

are you taunton based  just out of interest ? 

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

are you taunton based  just out of interest ? 

No, I’m North Devon but have ended up on a Taunton coach every year since 2013. Sometimes first time round, sometimes like this year in the resale.

looking forwards to seeing your outfit and hat for this year. You are both a Glastonbury and efestivals legend!

8 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

No, I’m North Devon but have ended up on a Taunton coach every year since 2013. Sometimes first time round, sometimes like this year in the resale.

looking forwards to seeing your outfit and hat for this year. You are both a Glastonbury and efestivals legend!

Thankyou 🙂 appreciate the kind words .. maybe see you on the coach 

On 3/26/2022 at 6:59 AM, MartinK said:

Yes my last 2 festival pick ups were from Tangier Way.  Great Tesco next to it.  I stopped in a mint little b&B 2 minutes away that let me keep my car on their car park until the Monday free of charge !

Don't suppose you remember the name of the B&B? 🙂

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep there are quite a few guest houses along that road … it’s the closest location of accommodation to the bus drop off … 

I’m sure you suggested these to me back in 2017 when I got the coach from Taunton !