Best secret set of all time?

EFC1996

So let’s get excited. What’s been your favourite secret set over the years at Glastonbury and where was the set played? I’m a sucker for a fatboy secret set and I seen him at Stonebrige under the name ‘The Ox’ he came out dressed as a penguin it was brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Of the bigger 'secret sets' I enjoyed the Biffy one in the Park. Had a decent vantage point from up the hill and the sound was loud enough to carry. Was a beautifully sunny day too.

The only secret set I've seen. And that was only because I went up on the hill for a doze and woke up to Biffy kicking off and people streaming into the field

19 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Thom and Jonny in 2010 at The Park in the sun. The lads from Vampire Weekend plus god knows who else were perched on the fence watching. A mass sing-along on the walk down the hill. Glorious stuff.

+1 for this it was incredible. How often do just Thom and Jonny perform together? Was really special to hear some absolute classics stripped back to the core. Made me truly appreciate what great songs they were.

Also much better than the Radiohead set the following year which was middling. 

Was there one year Franz Ferdinand did a secret set in the Park and they were handing out flyers cos they thought nobody would turn up? That must have been before everyone had smartphones and could check Twitter for secret sets 

31 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Thom and Jonny in 2010 at The Park in the sun. The lads from Vampire Weekend plus god knows who else were perched on the fence watching. A mass sing-along on the walk down the hill. Glorious stuff.

Yep that was fab. I could only hear and not see but was still so glad I hadn't missed it. 

Really enjoyed Django Django in Williams Green on the Thursday one year as well. Think they were the start of the secret sets on Thursday time.