Who Got Lucky?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

Not quite ticket related but I got lucky yesterday.... and got covid 🙃

With 3 months to go, hopefully that'll help me avoid a potential disaster before the festival. I've had a genuine fear that covid would trip me at the final hurdle!

I've just recovered from it about a week ago but that's the first thing I thought when I tested positive. 

Natural immunity from recovery should see us through Glasto just fine. 

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Totally overwhelmed today with messages and quotes apologies to anyone I’ve missed replying too …. Thanks to every single helper … for every single person on here … sad we can’t keep expanding the spreadsheet too … but we’ve locked that down in fairness to all the people who’ve been on it for ages … ❤️❤️❤️

I don't post here too often and as a late comer to Glastonbury, it's genuinely sat on my mind since 2019 that you'd missed out on one. 

I'm not much of a forum person (this is pretty much the only one I go on) but it's been so heartwarming to see so many band together to help others who in many case they've never even met. It's the true spirit of Glasto.

Rock on bro 🤘

Edited by TheDayman

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

You all good now ? 

Yes thanks mate.  I was positive for a week and then had another 3 or 4 days of tiredness and fried brain - zero concentration skills!  Probably why I've been here more than normal haha 

Congrats on your ticket! 

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

Straight from Dublin on the Wednesday? Fair play, that's a long shift. I'm soft, it's a buffer day or two in Bristol for me.

It's a long old trek that way alright! Haven't actually done it via the ferry since '07, normally we just fly into Bristol and pick up a car there, but rental prices are just crazy at the moment, so figured we'd try it this way again!

Managed to get a couple of Taunton coaches thanks to a friend!

We have a group that all tries with a spreadsheet, its the 3rd time he's got through in the years, just on a phone/tablet typing stuff in while the rest of us have multiple browsers running, refresh & autofill addons and all the other 'tricks' 😄

51 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

It's a long old trek that way alright! Haven't actually done it via the ferry since '07, normally we just fly into Bristol and pick up a car there, but rental prices are just crazy at the moment, so figured we'd try it this way again!

Straight back on Monday too? In 2017 a couple from our crew left around midnight Sunday to catch the first ferry from Fishguard to Rosslare and then drive up to Dublin for a 9am start in the office. Aboslutely wild stuff.

13 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Straight back on Monday too? In 2017 a couple from our crew left around midnight Sunday to catch the first ferry from Fishguard to Rosslare and then drive up to Dublin for a 9am start in the office. Aboslutely wild stuff.

Yeah, straight back on Monday, but the evening ferry rather than any madness like trying to be in work for 9am!

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This shows how big Glastonbury is to me - we just had an offer accepted on a house yet I'm still sat here shitting it about Sunday 😂

House buying is its own fun and games. Sadly with that having the offer accepted is not always the end. Hope it goes smoothly for you though. 

7 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Really good to see so many successful people on here.

On another note (and this isn’t a dig at anyone) but does anyone else find the coach tickets a total farce? Yes in theory more people going by coach = greener but not if they have to travel the wrong way to get said coach.

Of course, then tickets are like gold dust people will do whatever it takes and can’t really blame them 

Yeah it's a bit mad alright where you hear of people flying or driving hundreds of miles the other direction just to get a bus back but those instances are surely small in number.

7 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Really good to see so many successful people on here.

On another note (and this isn’t a dig at anyone) but does anyone else find the coach tickets a total farce? Yes in theory more people going by coach = greener but not if they have to travel the wrong way to get said coach.

Of course, then tickets are like gold dust people will do whatever it takes and can’t really blame them 

I travel from New York for glasto, so for me coach is the easiest to deal with.  If I manage a ticket in the regular sale, I usually end up booking National Express anway.  Traveling from so far has always meant that I have to really be choosy with what I bring.  It all has to fit on my back. 

A friend and I did drive one year (2016?) and we did the tuesday night queue thing.  It was fun, but I think I prefer the coach 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

House buying is its own fun and games. Sadly with that having the offer accepted is not always the end. Hope it goes smoothly for you though. 

Yep that's probably why I'm more focused on Glastonbury. With the timing even if if all goes well the festival will happen before we move in!

I wasn’t going to try for tickets! But somehow I managed to get some Thursday ones!! I’m chuffed to bits!! I used an old iPad, on wi-fi and an iPhone 7, with 4g. I could have gone into the living room and got 5g, but I didn’t bother. Then when the sale started I hedged my bets, putting the Thursday option on my 4g. This worked out quite well. I got a  return ticket to Bath by 6.12pm. I was surprised at that. I thought I’d been trying for ages. The Wednesday option was on the iPad. The page came up around 6.15pm. I think they had sold out.

When I got to paying, on my iPhone, I spent ages trying to figure out the bank app for my credit card. I left the home screen app thing, I had created. I then went back and was greeted with the seetickets Home Screen!! I panicked like hell!! Didn’t know what to do!! I was going to leave it. Who cares I thought stupid Glastonbury!! Who needs it!!! Then it occurred to me! The little squares on the bottom of the browser lead to old web pages! So I found the web page!!! Pressed it! Pressed something else.Then everything started pinging. Then there it was!! A whole,Thursday, Glastonbury ticket!!! Unreal!!!!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

I wasn’t going to try for tickets! But somehow I managed to get some Thursday ones!! I’m chuffed to bits!! I used an old iPad, on wi-fi and an iPhone 7, with 4g. I could have gone into the living room and got 5g, but I didn’t bother. Then when the sale started I hedged my bets, putting the Thursday option on my 4g. This worked out quite well. I got a  return ticket to Bath by 6.12pm. I was surprised at that. I thought I’d been trying for ages. The Wednesday option was on the iPad. The page came up around 6.15pm. I think they had sold out.

When I got to paying, on my iPhone, I spent ages trying to figure out the bank app for my credit card. I left the home screen app thing, I had created. I then went back and was greeted with the seetickets Home Screen!! I panicked like hell!! Didn’t know what to do!! I was going to leave it. Who cares I thought stupid Glastonbury!! Who needs it!!! Then it occurred to me! The little squares on the bottom of the browser lead to old web pages! So I found the web page!!! Pressed it! Pressed something else.Then everything started pinging. Then there it was!! A whole,Thursday, Glastonbury ticket!!! Unreal!!!!

That’s amazing 👏🏽 

What made you change you mind? Could you sense it was going to happen?

13 hours ago, March Hare said:

That’s amazing 👏🏽 

What made you change you mind? Could you sense it was going to happen?

I don’t know really. I wasn’t really making the decision to try for tickets on an intuinistic principle. Now I think back I think I did feel like it would be an easier re-sale than ones that had gone before. 

I guess I was a bit eccentric about it all. I deliberately left the decision, to try for a ticket, to 15 minutes before the ticket sale. Because I wanted this years attempt to be more about the enjoyment of participation in the ticket sale; as opposed to the sweat, grind and toil of getting a ticket. 

Edited by stt11

Congratulations to everyone that got in!

I'm a looong time lurker and have always drawn on this forum for positive vibes before sales and re-sales. Having missed out on tickets in the 2019 sale, the 2+ year wait to get to this point has been pretty unbearable, but the hope in here has been a massive help. Thank you.

I managed to get two tickets this morning and I'm sure someone nearby was cutting onions as my eyes were a little damp afterwards.

See you at the Cider Bus.

Edited by iamsam
  • Like 1