Who Got Lucky?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

My girlfriend got mine and hers this evening! This will be my 6th consecutive festival and 3 of those times I've had to get tickets in the sodding resale. It's an immense feeling after 2.5 years! It took a fair bit of trying every single destination and seeing what was available and thankfully she got lucky. We wanted London but we ended up with Southampton (if anyone has got the coach from here can you let me know where it's from and what time it was?), But I couldn't care less where we're going from. We're going and on the Wednesday!

Need 2 more on Sunday for those in my group that weren't successful

Congratulations to everyone who got them tonight, you lot deserve it!

Wow, desperately excited. I didn't miss a Glastonbury from 1995-2016. Subsequently failed at every opportunity to get tickets. This evening I got through about 18.05. Mate I have gone with for years lives Reading way, me Swansea.

Bristol, nothing available

Cardiff, nope

Swansea, nope

Taunton, nope

Truro - yeah, that's West Country, try that. In!!!! Bought!!!

Slowly realise what I've committed us to do in terms of getting in. Best solution, as I never see the fella other than Glastonbury these days, come over to mine the weekend before, go down and leave my van at another mate's farm near Penzance, take a couple of surf-boards, extended catch up and a few waves before the festival. That'll do nicely.

Then best weekend in 6 years.

Monday is sounding unpleasant...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billy09 said:

Wow, desperately excited. I didn't miss a Glastonbury from 1995-2016. Subsequently failed at every opportunity to get tickets. This evening I got through about 18.05. Mate I have gone with for years lives Reading way, me Swansea.

Bristol, nothing available

Cardiff, nope

Swansea, nope

Taunton, nope

Truro - yeah, that's West Country, try that. In!!!! Bought!!!

Slowly realise what I've committed us to do in terms of getting in. Best solution, as I never see the fella other than Glastonbury these days, come over to mine the weekend before, go down and leave my van at another mate's farm near Penzance, take a couple of surf-boards, extended catch up and a few waves before the festival. That'll do nicely.

Then best weekend in 6 years.

Monday is sounding unpleasant...

Yeah Truro is a looong way down. Very nice around there though! As for Monday, remember that you don’t have to get on the bus back (if you have somewhere else to leave the van).

• Like 1

Was anybody else impressed with the way the site coped for the ticket sale? From what I remember in previous years I’ve had an absolute nightmare with the site going so slow and crashing before I even got to the holding page. I actually managed to get through twice for myself and for my mate 

1 hour ago, EFC1996 said:

Was anybody else impressed with the way the site coped for the ticket sale? From what I remember in previous years I’ve had an absolute nightmare with the site going so slow and crashing before I even got to the holding page. I actually managed to get through twice for myself and for my mate 

Yes agree, no crashing, and once I got on - trying to help others - I didn’t lose the booking page as I tried 3 different groups. After entering details there was no delay (tickets already booked by others though) 

46 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes agree, no crashing, and once I got on - trying to help others - I didn’t lose the booking page as I tried 3 different groups. After entering details there was no delay (tickets already booked by others though) 

Seemed like a pretty smooth process - glad you all got tickets 🙂

In any sale it will be a smooth process for most, after all the tickets are all sold in very short period of time, if it was that unstable it would take hours not minutes. There will always be people who have issues, but they’re in the minority, hence the calls for the sale process to be changed being uncalled for. Of course there are people who don’t even see a booking screen, or get the white screen of death, but that’s just the nature of a massively oversubscribed event.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Hello! Got through straight away yesterday with an Ethernet cable and Google incognito. Can’t believe it. My nerves were shot after.

so happy! This will be my first Glasto and I managed to get the Wednesday 9:30 coach from Bristol (where I live!)

I am helping someone on Sunday morning get a ticket for their partner - but I’m free to help others. I was never part of the spreadsheet as I missed the cut off - but feel free to add me somehow as a helper 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tony Zografos please said:

We wanted London but we ended up with Southampton (if anyone has got the coach from here can you let me know where it's from and what time it was?)

I'm not sure how helpful this will be as it's years since I got the coach from Southampton (2011 maybe?), but back then it went from the north side of Southampton Central station.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah Truro is a looong way down. Very nice around there though! As for Monday, remember that you don’t have to get on the bus back (if you have somewhere else to leave the van).

And Penzance is a looong way further than Truro! 

This thread is giving me all the feels 😍

Never been so pleased that so many people i don't know got a ticket to a festival that I'm (currently) not attending 😁 so happy for you all!

I'm going to try Sunday but partner not keen (one too many real life things all up in their grill) but if I get tickets and pay they'll come around right, right?! **(Insert Skywalker/Padme gif here)

I'm doing it anyway 😉

So how’s the lucky folk feeling this morning?  Waking up knowing you are going to the farm after a two and a half year wait must be an incredible feeling!  Despite the hangover!  Bet you they are all double checking their order just to see it again😁.  Well done all who are successful and on to Sunday for the rest! Looks like based on last night that there are a decent number of tickets available.  

10 of our regular Glasto group trying for a newbie. Spent the last week or so explaining all the intricacies and tips of the sale, a proper regimented approach, letting him know how hard and serious this sale is.

He gets through in 4 minutes and now thinks we're all absolutely nuts for worrying all week 😐 

Just one final group to sort out on Sunday now - best of luck to all those in the same boat!

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So how’s the lucky folk feeling this morning?  Waking up knowing you are going to the farm after a two and a half year wait must be an incredible feeling!  Despite the hangover!  Bet you they are all double checking their order just to see it again😁.  Well done all who are successful and on to Sunday for the rest! Looks like based on last night that there are a decent number of tickets available.  

My mate who got one last night missed 2019 so it’s been five long years since he has been!

27 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

10 of our regular Glasto group trying for a newbie. Spent the last week or so explaining all the intricacies and tips of the sale, a proper regimented approach, letting him know how hard and serious this sale is.

He gets through in 4 minutes and now thinks we're all absolutely nuts for worrying all week 😐 

Just one final group to sort out on Sunday now - best of luck to all those in the same boat!

Had the same with us, about 3 people got through within a few minutes - better safe than sorry of course!