What's your favourite day of the festival?

kalifire

What's your favourite day of the festival?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite day of the festival?

• Tuesday (pre-opening)
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

Much as I love the Wednesday, it can be stressful up to a point. Getting there (if I don't travel down Tuesday), getting in, finding space, setting up, saving space for later arrivals... 

Other than that, it's certainly up there. A couple of small bands, meeting up with festival friends, exploring the site again but fantastic as it is, it's not watching a great ban with thousands of other people, is it? 

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

As a Wednesday/Thursday lover, I wonder how many people with a gun to their head would take just Wednesday/Thursday over Fri-Sun if they had to choose between the two?

First timer this year but from what i gather, the Wednesday and Thursday rely on the main weekend to be so good I think.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

As a Wednesday/Thursday lover, I wonder how many people with a gun to their head would take just Wednesday/Thursday over Fri-Sun if they had to choose between the two?

I love the wednesday and Thursday but I think the fact you have the Friday to sun to look forward to is why it’s so special 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

so you're saying we are Birthday buddies too?! wow.

Yeah nice when the 24th falls on a festival day... i think my highlight was when Dave Grohl sang happy birthday to me in 17' - well... at least i took it as personally, and i did have to rewatch the set to check it actually happened given the state of myself at the time 🙃 - but it did! and what a cracking set.

and i can only hope i get to your record of consecutive festivals!

What's surprising is the massive number of those I overdid it, but it has been a lot of laughs.

I was there too btw and I struggle to remember that, which is indicative of my state 😉 

Edited by clarkete

44 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think Wed/Thu are also be reliant on the weather being good for them to be truly great.

43 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yep as much as we say it's not about the line up, most of my truly will never get in a lifetime moments have involved the line up. I adore Wednesday and Thursday would never miss them and whether Friday/Saturday or Sunday are my favourite would depend very much on line up so would vary from year to year but I do love seeing all the acts. 

40 minutes ago, clarkete said:

What's surprising is the massive number of those I overdid it, but it has been a lot of laughs.

I was there too btw and I struggle to remember that, which is indicative of my state 😉 

i was in the crowd thinking, there must be more people here with a Birthday today based on probability but wasn't willing to share that moment... it was just Dave and myself in that field in my head... however for you @clarkete i'm ok with it.

Mad Respect GIF - Mad Respect Cute - Discover & Share GIFs

On 3/25/2022 at 10:18 AM, Gnomicide said:

I think Wed/Thu are also be reliant on the weather being good for them to be truly great.

Agreed, bet it’s grim putting the tent up in pouring rain, pretty sure that takes the shine off. 
Charm x

This year it’s gonna be the wed for absolute definate .. I’m soo looking forward to the meet and seeing all those happy faces of the people new and old that have managed to get tickets in the resales … and the helpers that got us / them there … it’s gonna be an absolute blast 🙂 

It's Friday for me. As someone has already said before, knowing you've already had 2 days and then waking up knowing the main stages are only starting to open is something beautiful.

That said, the build up before needs a mention too. The excitement here, the listing out the essentials, the shop before, checking the weather every few hours, trying to fit everything in the car... it's such a fun time!

34 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

The trouble with the weds is all young 'uns who have just had their first beer, and are trying to show off to their friends. When they're safely hungover in their tent, a lesson learnt, it gets a bit more relaxed.

Quite right. I haven't done that since I was 47.

• Upvote 2

This is a great question! Tough to answer!

Wednesday is that awesome 'wow, I'm back here' feeling.

Thursday is when things start to liven up a bit, general wandering around and taking in the site again. A few bits to go and see.

Friday I always wake up with the "right, here we go" excitement with so much to see and do.

Saturday I wake up with the same "wow, still 2 days of this to go".

Sunday is always a bit more solemn as it dawns it's reaching an end, but still plenty to do!

Overall, probably Friday or Saturday.

I'd have to go for Friday generally, as it's generally the freshest you can be while still having a full day of proper festival.

The amount of Sunday mornings I've woken up thinking 'I can't do this' and then it's ended up being the best evening though (honourble mentions to the Chemical Brothers and LCD Soundsystem).

For me the feeling when you first glimpse the site, and then when you actually get in can't be beaten.  The sights, sounds and general buzz from everyone else is something that you crave for all year, and the sudden realisation that it has materialised is just the best feeling.   I am now getting goosebumps realising I will get this feeling again this year (after success in the resale yesterday) and can't wait.

Imma go Friday. I love Wednesday and Thursday sooooo much, but as a couple of people have said I think that's in part because you know what's to come. 

That Friday morning, waking up to the soundchecks on the Pymild, knowing you've now got 3 days of full throttle nonsense to come...just glorious.

On 3/25/2022 at 5:02 AM, JoeyT said:

So going by current results there's a larger % who prefer the "non-music" days of Weds & Thurs to when the music properly starts Fri on wards.

Testament to the festival and all it has to offer isn't it. What a truly beautiful place it really is main stages aside.

For me my favourite day has been and always will be a Wednesday. 

Having the outside world completely shut off means that it's the only time all of my friends due to work / kids / life etc. have nowhere to be other than in the moment.

It can be weeks or months between seeing each other and even longer for us all to be in the same place at the same time (something which hasn't happened since the last festival!) without that nagging feeling that you have to clock watch or be reserved because you've got something on tomorrow.

Sitting on the grass, sharing stories, catching up and laughing is priceless.

the Wednesday is my birthday (22) and sometimes is festival day and sometimes isn't.  No matter, it only ever feels like my birthday at the festival though.  

21 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

the Wednesday is my birthday (22) and sometimes is festival day and sometimes isn't.  No matter, it only ever feels like my birthday at the festival though.  

Mine's on the Monday - going to get a bottle from the bar at midnight or something on Sunday night before the sad monday coach home

Thursday. I find it the freest day of the festival. Much as I love seeing bands and everything else, Thursday allows me to go wandering, spend a large part of the day up at Lost Horizons (I always call this day Naked Thursday 🙂) and go see what's happening on random smaller stages, meet up with friends, go see a late film etc. I love it!