What's your favourite day of the festival?

kalifire

What's your favourite day of the festival?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite day of the festival?

• Tuesday (pre-opening)
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

Friday, always wake up feeling horrendous on Thursday so never enjoy it as much until quite a bit later in the day

Friday all the music starts up

Saturday you're dreading sunday as its the 2nd to last day of the festival

Sunday is the last day so I get sad

• Upvote 1

Thursday. 

Nicely settled in from the Wednesday, stories from the wednesday to get you through the first hangover, the rest of your group arrives, the gang is finally back together and telling the same old stories but it feels like gold. Wondering around finding the odd band, discovering random places for a drink and a catchup before the day takes a downward spiral after a few too many brothers ciders. Head up to the glastonbury sign and watch the sunset with thousands of other people. 

Bliss. 

• Upvote 4

Friday. You've been there two days, had a spectacular time already, you wake up knowing that now the actual festival begins and there's still 3 days to go.

What a moment when they sound checked The Edge's guitar at some stupid time on Friday morning.

I think Thursday. After the excitement of arriving on Wednesday and getting settled in, Thursday really allows you to explore the whole festival before getting bogged down in the main stages from Friday. There is always plenty of scheduled entertainment to keep you going but also the promise of finding that unexpected nugget that you were not expecting. At the end of the day you can finally hit the hay in the knowledge that good time you have just had is merely the prelude to a big weekend of music and more.

Thursday for me (followed closely by Friday).

We always arrive Thursday so the initial buzz combined with the fact there’s always some ace music on and that feeling of finally being there again is just unreal. 

Friday is the next best because the real stuff starts.

Thursday for me. Settled in, hopefully not waking up feeling like complete dogshit which is more than I can say for the other days, and getting the party started with the smaller stuff on around the site all day/night but without the rigorous schedule of the rest of the weekend - just go with the flow with the group I’m with. 

It's a toss-up between Wednesday and Thursday but Thursday just edges it for me.  We've been in Campervan fields for the last few years so all the arrival and setup work is done on Tuesday.

Wednesday is therefore free to just wander on site, soak in the fact we are back on the farm and watch everyone else settling in before getting stuck in for a wander.  Cider bus, where we inevitably end up with three pints each because we all go for the 'three for £10' option without checking what the rest are doing.  Then Brothers, then wherever the mood takes us.

But Thursday is when things are starting to happen - small bands in out of the way venues culminating in, for the last few years at least, Tony Bowen wherever he is playing and Rhythm of the 90s in Croissant Neuf.

Best thing about Weds/Thurs is there is no agenda, follow your nose, see what you see.

Friday onward is great but there's always that sense of there being more of an agenda to follow and the freedom of the first two days is dissipated somewhat.

But every day is a grand day really.

Edited by BluePaul
spelling!

2 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

It's a toss-up between Wednesday and Thursday but Thursday just e does it for me.  We've been in Campervan fields for the last few years so all the arrival and setup work is done on Tuesday.

Wednesday is therefore free to just wander on site, soak in the fact we are back on the farm and watch everyone else settling in before getting stuck in for a wander.  Cider bus, where we inevitably end up with three pints each because we all go for the 'three for £10' option without checking what the rest are doing.  Then Brothers, then wherever the mood takes us.

But Thursday is when things are starting to happen - small bands in out of the way venues culminating in, for the last few years at least, Tony Bowen wherever he is playing and Rhythm of the 90s in Croissant Neuf.

Best thing about Weds/Thurs is there is no agenda, follow your nose, see what you see.

Friday onward is great but there's always that sense of there being more of an agenda to follow and the freedom of the first two days is dissipated somewhat.

But every day is a grand day really.

I could have written that myself - sums it up perfectly.  The great bonus of the CV fields is arriving and setting up on Tuesday and, effectively getting an extra day.

• Upvote 1

I very nearly said Saturday. It probably is the best day, but on Thursday you have the excitement for the upcoming weekend as well as the great day. As the festival gets better the excitement for what’s to come diminishes, and I reckon this cross section graph peaks Friday night.