Coach & Ticket Resale Best of Luck

marathonsteve

6 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Quick question.  I'm trying for other people tonight and Sunday where I only have their reg and postcode, ie not full address.  If I'm successful for them, how do I enter the ticket delivery address - is this just picked up from the registration details?

correct.

Good luck to all! I've been there a few times, both for myself and others, so fully feel the anxiety. I'm out tonight and don't think I could manage to help without caving and trying for myself (having decided I'm out this year) but will be thinking about you all. Look forward to coming back and seeing some happy news for the regulars! 

9 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

Has anyone made any large purchases since the new online security measures came in with the banks? Should we expect this to cause problems for people who are trying for us but using my card? 

Yes.. I expect you'll have to authorise the payment with your banking app or a OTP when someone else enters your card details. 

11 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

Has anyone made any large purchases since the new online security measures came in with the banks? Should we expect this to cause problems for people who are trying for us but using my card? 

I booked our Eurotunnel tickets (£330) for the summer earlier this week (three weeks around France in the van - maybe making it as far as northern Italy!) and I had to authorise it using my banking app (Halifax) when paying on debit card. 

I've found it's best to keep the app closed for the OTP until it's actually time to use it - when I purchased something last week my app was already open and nothing came up, so i had to restart it. For me on Santander, Halifax and AMEX it seems to prompt when you login. Not a big deal and didn't take long but time is precious!

Edited by discgoesmic
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

I booked our Eurotunnel tickets (£330) for the summer earlier this week (three weeks around France in the van - maybe making it as far as northern Italy!) and I had to authorise it using my banking app (Halifax) when paying on debit card. 

Thanks pal sounds like a good trip you have planned there, enjoy it 😎

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Feels like every purchase I make now over a hundred quid needs approving via the app.

The general limit is £30 unless the merchant or PSP has strong authentication and low fraud across it's platform - for example Amazon, ebay, Paypal. 

36 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

I paid £130 odd for Florence tickets on my Barclaycard yesterday and there was no authorisation for me.

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Feels like every purchase I make now over a hundred quid needs approving via the app.

Yes that’s important to remember. We are with virgin bank and buying gig tickets, even if it’s for less that 100 we are often asked for verification.  So it’s vital to have your phone near at hand this evening and on Sunday.   Imagine the panic rushing about looking for a device to verify a payment whilst the booking screen is live! 

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

good luck one and all , im trying for @crazyfool1, we got to get this guy in otherwise we may as well cancel glasto for this year , it cant happen without "THE HAT " ! 

Lots of ticketless amongst us … let’s hope I’m sorted early so any help I’ve gathered over last few years gets spread amongst us all … appreciate the help of course 

Best of luck later gang. First time signing on here in a couple of years. Thankfully have had our tickets secured since 2019  but trying for some others in our crew tonight and Sunday.

It's all starting to feel a bit real! 

I reckon there's an absolute ton of tickets available tonight. Imagine how many groups have drifted or couples split in the last 2 and a half years who are no longer willing to get a coach - potentially long distanced - together?

Best of luck all!

*This is based on absolutely bugger all but its filling me with the pre-sale confidence i need!*

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I reckon there's an absolute ton of tickets available tonight. Imagine how many groups have drifted or couples split in the last 2 and a half years who are no longer willing to get a coach - potentially long distanced - together?

Best of luck all!

*This is based on absolutely bugger all but its filling me with the pre-sale confidence i need!*

I think there's a lot in the pot, but I also think there's a heck of a lot of people trying for them....this is the most amount of people I personally know trying in a resale for a very long time.

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Best of luck all!

I don't know about an absolute ton, but I think there are going to be more this year than in a 'normal' year.

Am trying to get tickets for someone I barely know through here and have never felt so alive with nerves!!

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Trying for 2 tonight, not overly confident when you boil it down to how many people from a certain area on a certain day will have cancelled their coach tickets but you never know.

There's no "K" in Glastonbury!

Depends who you ask, I suppose...

26 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

I paid £130 odd for Florence tickets on my Barclaycard yesterday and there was no authorisation for me.

Tickets are a relatively low fraud risk so may have higher thresholds and get flagged less often - basically if fraud is reported then usually there'll be more than enough time to block the tickets before the event.

The "does it flag up" thing is going to be a fairly complex algorithm, and will vary by bank/card provider.