Area Announcements / Activity

JoeyT

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

I don't know if this is true but I heard that, due to cost cutting measures, there won't be an Avalon Cafe or Glade stage this year. Also Silver Hayes will be pared back.

No problem with that if it means they bring back the little gap between the cafe and the West Holts. 

11 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I don't know if this is true but I heard that, due to cost cutting measures, there won't be an Avalon Cafe or Glade stage this year. Also Silver Hayes will be pared back.

id heard similar ref silver hayes ..... but more around the availability of crew to do the build ? lack of blues / gully 

On 3/27/2022 at 2:39 PM, Wanderlei said:

The Glasto site is still down after the resale. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a new announcement on it when it came back online

Its actually flapping.  If you refresh you sometimes get the proper page.  

Looks like they've forgotten to reconfigure half of their cluster or load balancers or something.

• Upvote 1

Just now, David_303 said:

How likely is all of this? Glade and SH are two of my favourites. I would be gutted if they went. 

for me the glade wasnt mentioned just those stages within silver hayes .... and that was quite a while ago .... they may have sorted the issues out since 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

for me the glade wasnt mentioned just those stages within silver hayes .... and that was quite a while ago .... they may have sorted the issues out since 

Well I know the Team Love folks, so if they're doing that area it should be OK. Probably a bit more predictable when it comes to the programming, though. 

You can't get rid of the Glade, its probably my favourite venue, it has such a vibe and is in a stunning location within the trees. I cant imagine its a stage that costs a lot to run is it, just need the trees cut back, a stage and a canopy and a sound deck. its a wonderful place. If they wanted to cut back on costs then cut back on the new stuff like Glastonbury-on-Sea which didnt real add much last time round and didn't really seem to fit in with the festival at all to me, just seemed a really odd project. Leave the likes of the Glade well alone please, its been part of the fabric of the festival for many years and makes it stand out over so many other festivals. A really special place 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

intrigued about your talk around the pyramid field yesterday .... any clues ? 

I heard a rumour absolutely ages ago that they were going to have another biggish stage to rival the size of the Park stage. Whether or not this happens I've no clue - but I heard it from two different people who do music for a living. It may be a complete lark. 

8 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Well I know the Team Love folks, so if they're doing that area it should be OK. Probably a bit more predictable when it comes to the programming, though. 

With less venues they could make a fairly big area there. Considering they’ve booked people like the Chemical Brothers for Bristol this year, it could be along those lines.

Silver Hayes main area has been far too vast for years. it's a awful experience to walk through imo. The Glade however is amazing and just don't see that going for reasons above. Glastonbury on Sea is the worst addition to the festival i can ever remember

Yeah can't see the benefit in cutting back The Glade as it's seemingly such a straightforward area logistically. Even with The Blues/Gully, everything is there just needs to be built, it's not like it's something progressively built on like the plan for Arcadia/Pangea.

Can see this year just being the same as 2019 in terms of stage setups. Nothing to suggest whole areas of the festival will disappear, not sure things are quite that bad.

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

With less venues they could make a fairly big area there. Considering they’ve booked people like the Chemical Brothers for Bristol this year, it could be along those lines.

Would be great to have a 20k+ capacity tent over there. 

... for what its worth, I hope they change Silver Hayes a lot. Such a huge area, has a lot of potential with a decent curator. Last time still seemed like an area you just walked though to get to the Other stage / camping field/ JP, quite  bleak and desolate area and has been for many years, it just doesnt seem to have its own personality/theme like other areas. Just my opinion mind, I'm sure they dance music people love the area!  It has some good small stages in it, but they are all in such a massive space that they just get passed by as you walk through