Tips for Securing a Ticket: Resale Edition

leonaves

1 hour ago, curlylocks88 said:

Thank you so much to everyone for their tips on here. I got a ticket from Bristol at 9:30 within two mins with an Ethernet cable and Google incognito. 
I’m so buzzing and this morning keep checking my email to make sure it’s true! 

will be around on Sunday to help others 

Great to hear you had success! We managed to get the two tickets for our friends to - did the international person get theirs as well?

EDIT: think i got you mixed up with someone else here - glad to hear of your success regardless, its my first time too 🙂

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, curlylocks88 said:

Thank you so much to everyone for their tips on here. I got a ticket from Bristol at 9:30 within two mins with an Ethernet cable and Google incognito. 

I can't double edit but it was actually you and @FatAmmy - great to hear you had success! I only had messages with FatAmmy so couldn't figure out if it was you guys or not. See you on the farm 🙂

3 hours ago, curlylocks88 said:

Well done you!

It's been clear since you joined how excited you were about getting a ticket and how happy you were to muck in and help others too - so clearly that was good karma 🙂 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If on the card payment window the card fails, are you thrown back to the start and the registrations get locked for 10 minutes? Or are you able to attempt with a new card as long as your allocated 5 minutes haven't expired?

If the payment fails and you're still within your 5 mins you can try again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

If the payment fails and you're still within your 5 mins you can try again.

Thanks! One of our group is out in Australia and we've been worrying that he may get through and scupper the process. At least if it does fail we can call him and pass on one of our card details we'll still be fine.

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Thanks! One of our group is out in Australia and we've been worrying that he may get through and scupper the process. At least if it does fail we can call him and pass on one of our card details we'll still be fine.

Yep. Screenshot from @cheesey_toastie on Thursday - don't panic but have another card at the ready!

1326002284_IMG-20220324-WA00172.thumb.jpg.d302f08baa5ae6660c51d6072d6e977d.jpg

1 minute ago, Fake Encore said:

Is the link to the actual page I need to be starting on - glastonbury.seetickets.com

Also,

Turn WiFi off

Incognito mode

Any other pearls of wisdom that someone can share?

Both of those last two come from confirmation bias, rather than being anything that is likely to make a difference.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What’s the theory behind using incognito mode? Have multiple people been successful this way and is there any reason it should work or is it just luck that it’s worked for some?

I read it on here and am taking anything I can. If someone said stand on one leg and talk and type using your left hand I would go with that.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Different just means different. It doesn't mean better (or worse).

It means you’re less likely to exceed the 60 requests per minute cap. Therefore you can refresh on your laptop up to 60 times a minute and the samE on your phone. 

120 attempts to get in is better than 60. 

Edited by blutarsky

Just now, blutarsky said:

It means you’re less likely to exceed the 60 requests per minute cap. Therefore you can refresh on your laptop up to 60 times a minute and the samE on your phone. 

120 attempts to get in is better than 60. 

The cap is more intelligent than simply per IP address, it does at least an element of browser fingerprinting (though I've never spent enough time to figure out exactly what factors it uses). I wouldn't expect it to cap you at 60 across both a Phone and Laptop.