Tips for Securing a Ticket: Resale Edition

leonaves

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

A WhatsApp group is probably easier and potentially less distracting as long as you advise the only messages should be got tickets for group x 

None of this I'm not getting anything are you. 

Makes me want to commit murder when anyone in my group messages during a sale, the messages pop up right on the search bar and refresh button.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Makes me want to commit murder when anyone in my group messages during a sale, the messages pop up right on the search bar and refresh button.

Yes it's always my first rule of ticket club now - We know damn well loads of us won't see the screen. Spend your time trying to see it not telling us you can't 😄 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes it's always my first rule of ticket club now - We know damn well loads of us won't see the screen. Spend your time trying to see it not telling us you can't 😄 

“No luck here yet, anyone else?” Yes, sorry I’m just mowing the grass, completely forgot to tell you all I’d got tickets 🙄

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Same here.  Strictly no communication until you get them or it sells out. 

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

I think Incognito won't latch onto one server and keep trying that one, but I could be wrong and it's just something that's proven lucky for me a few times

non-incognito/incognito makes no difference if you're only doing one window, but if you are going multi-window, have one incognito and one not, as they become different sessions so might hit different servers.

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

If trying in a group, get everybody on a zoom / teams meeting so there's no fumbling around updating everyone if you've got in.  

Cor that's gonna be a lovely relaxing zoom call, especially at resale time 😠😭

Just now, clarkete said:

Cor that's gonna be a lovely relaxing zoom call, especially at resale time 😠😭

I’d love to know what the hell my mate gets up to … and why it’s me that usually bags the tickets … a zoom call might be taking it to the extreme though … and it’s use of a valuable device 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’d love to know what the hell my mate gets up to … and why it’s me that usually bags the tickets … a zoom call might be taking it to the extreme though … and it’s use of a valuable device 

Like those angry councillors "You have no authority here!"

15 minutes ago, leonaves said:

non-incognito/incognito makes no difference if you're only doing one window, but if you are going multi-window, have one incognito and one not, as they become different sessions so might hit different servers.

Isn't there a reload technique which means it essentially creates a new session. It's called like hard refresh or something

There's a chance I'm making this up

5 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Does anyone else just go one device, one browser? I prefer to only have one screen to worry about whilst I am in full on ticket mode. Twice I have managed to secure coach tickets (once in a resale) on my commute home on my phone. No idea how I entered my card info on those two occasions I was shaking so much!

Yeah and I’ve gotten through and bought someone tickets every T Day since 2014.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You could disable banner notifications for the sale to avoid this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

You could disable banner notifications for the sale to avoid this. 

I have my phone on DND but any messages still come though to my watch so it'll be easy to have a quick glance at my wrist without anything popping up on my phone.

6 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

yeah i'm a one device one browser kinda guy. chrome on incognito and i got tickets in coach and transacted twice in general for the original 2020 sale

Why Incognito? 

Edit: it looks cool and all just wondered why from a technical point of view 

Edited by whitehorses

34 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Why Incognito? 

Edit: it looks cool and all just wondered why from a technical point of view 

Incognito doesn't contain any history or cookies, so generally this can give a more streamlined experience. Browsers pick up all sorts of configuration and settings and potentially it could get in the way. Arguably it's also an independent session but it will go through the same external IP address and DNS. Browsers can also pick up stale tokens that are used to access web pages.

Worth noting it also won't contain cached words for fields (so if you've practiced on the form and saved it, your text won't show in here).

Source - IT Engineer for 10 years

Edited by discgoesmic
  • Thanks 1

If you are outside the UK using a credit card, call the bank now and make sure you are approved to make such payment. Many credit cards come back declined even though they are fine. But for some reason you might need to have the payment pre approved by the bank.

You don't want to be lucky enough to get through only to have your CC declined.

Edited by Calvin Klein

30 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Incognito doesn't contain any history or cookies, so generally this can give a more streamlined experience. Browsers pick up all sorts of configuration and settings and potentially it could get in the way. Arguably it's also an independent session but it will go through the same external IP address and DNS. Browsers can also pick up stale tokens that are used to access web pages.

Worth noting it also won't contain cached words for fields (so if you've practiced on the form and saved it, your text won't show in here).

Source - IT Engineer for 10 years

Makes sense - thanks 

6 minutes ago, gazzared said:

If the main sale normally sells out in approx 30 mins do we reckon the re-sale tickets will all be gone in a couple of minutes ?

Weirdly past resales have still lasted a bit longer than that, and that's a normal year with presumably less available. Hopefully follows the same pattern

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Weirdly past resales have still lasted a bit longer than that, and that's a normal year with presumably less available. Hopefully follows the same pattern

sound 👍 me and my friends have oxfam places but are still trying on Sunday, I really enjoyed oxfam in 2019 and Iam looking forward to oxfam again with all the perks but If theirs any chance of a normal ticket then I'll try as I really really dont wanna miss Macca and the not knowing until the Monday is gonna eat away at my brain haha

I recommend using a 'text expander' extension on your browser. 

You can assign a trigger, I use 'R1/'P1 (registration/postcode), and it'll automatically fill in the information you've assigned. In this case it'd be the registration code and postcode.

I find it much easier to quickly type 'R1, 'P1, 'R2, 'P2 etc. than copy and pasting this information or just writing it out. In the pressure of the moment and with sweaty hands, it makes things simple - I can have the booking form complete in seconds.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

I recommend using a 'text expander' extension on your browser. 

You can assign a trigger, I use 'R1/'P1 (registration/postcode), and it'll automatically fill in the information you've assigned. In this case it'd be the registration code and postcode.

I find it much easier to quickly type 'R1, 'P1, 'R2, 'P2 etc. than copy and pasting this information or just writing it out. In the pressure of the moment and with sweaty hands, it makes things simple - I can have the booking form complete in seconds.

that sounds brillaint 👍 can it be used on mobile phones because thats where I struggle to hit any letters/numbers that i want to hit haha