Accessible Site Campervan advice needed!

J.B.

I've been camping in the accessible campsite with a tent every festival for 20 years, but I'm no longer able to use a tent so I'm bringing a campervan for the first time!

I have no idea how it all works and I suffer with severe anxiety, so I'd really appreciate if someone could talk me through the whole procedure on the day. The more detail you can give me the lower my anxiety will be, so I'd be incredibly grateful for a step by step guide!

Also is it possible to turn up the night before? I'd find that slot less stressful.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, J.B. said:

I've been camping in the accessible campsite with a tent every festival for 20 years, but I'm no longer able to use a tent so I'm bringing a campervan for the first time!

I have no idea how it all works and I suffer with severe anxiety, so I'd really appreciate if someone could talk me through the whole procedure on the day. The more detail you can give me the lower my anxiety will be, so I'd be incredibly grateful for a step by step guide!

Also is it possible to turn up the night before? I'd find that slot less stressful.

Thank you!

If you’ve been allocated a campervan space for Spring Ground you will be sent a windscreen sticker with the wheelchair logo on it. Display this as you get near to the site and you will be directed by the police/road junction martials to the disabled parking field directly next to the festival entrance at Gate A. Once parked go to the same marquee as you did in previous years to register and and get your wristband. passes etc.  You’ll then follow a vehicle which will take you to Spring Ground campsite. The stewards will show then you where to park

Spring Ground doesn't open until 8am on Wednesday morning,however you can park in the car park from 9pm on Tuesday if this would be less stressful.

Hope this helps! 👍

• Thanks 1

This is exactly what I needed, thank you so so much! It really helps a lot. Parking in the car park the night before would ease the nerves a lot.

I know there's no glass, does that mean I'll have to empty my van of all crockery etc, or is it purely glass we need to avoid?

Finally I have a bit of an awning my friends will be camping beneath, do I need to point this out when I'm directed to a space, or is there always room?

Oh and finally finally, with the field on a tilt are some of those mini ramps a necessity to level things up a bit?

Thanks again! 😄

1 hour ago, J.B. said:

This is exactly what I needed, thank you so so much! It really helps a lot. Parking in the car park the night before would ease the nerves a lot.

I know there's no glass, does that mean I'll have to empty my van of all crockery etc, or is it purely glass we need to avoid?

Finally I have a bit of an awning my friends will be camping beneath, do I need to point this out when I'm directed to a space, or is there always room?

Oh and finally finally, with the field on a tilt are some of those mini ramps a necessity to level things up a bit?

Thanks again! 😄

The no glass means glasses, jars  and bottles that could be taken out of your campervan and into the festival fields, crockery is fine. You would be better contacting the access team about the awning as I am not 100% sure about that, especially if friends are sleeping in it.

Levelling block are recommended as the field is on a slope. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much, you've really helped turn terrified anxiety into nervousness excitement and I really appreciate it!

Two last questions. I promise they're the last! When I've been as a tent dwelling camper I've seen the campervans lined up around the edge of the accessible car park.

When you turn up the night before is that the queue you join? Or do you park in the car park, get your wristbands and then join that queue?

And finally, what sort of time do people start queuing at the registration marquee?

31 minutes ago, J.B. said:

Thanks so much, you've really helped turn terrified anxiety into nervousness excitement and I really appreciate it!

Two last questions. I promise they're the last! When I've been as a tent dwelling camper I've seen the campervans lined up around the edge of the accessible car park.

When you turn up the night before is that the queue you join? Or do you park in the car park, get your wristbands and then join that queue?

And finally, what sort of time do people start queuing at the registration marquee?

Sorry I can't answer either of these as I have never gone the night before or arrived early. I would be tempted to join it though as they can only process so many registrations at once so the queue will slowly move forwards as they do so.

Maybe @guypjfreak could assist? Or if you are on Facebook there is a non official Spring Ground Group you could ask the question in,here's a link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2447188335533099 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi 

OK so when you arrive at the car park yellow next to gate A that's it.. You car stays put.. If you have a camper we use to go around and get in line but due to the some people not getting up in the morning it was a nightmare.. so 

Now if you are in a vehicle that is going in you park up along the road hedge. 

If in a tent you just park up.. 

Queueing 

Well that's a great question.. I've known people start to que Tues afternoon lolol but as general rule it's about 4/5 am 

Of course if you don't want to you can chill out and join anytime.. 

Hope this helps and if you want have any more questions then please just ask.. 

When you brought your tix you will have had a car part sticker. Remember to use that.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

3 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Sorry I can't answer either of these as I have never gone the night before or arrived early. I would be tempted to join it though as they can only process so many registrations at once so the queue will slowly move forwards as they do so.

Maybe @guypjfreak could assist? Or if you are on Facebook there is a non official Spring Ground Group you could ask the question in,here's a link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2447188335533099 😀

i love the advice given on this forum.... Spirit of the festival

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.B. said:

Lovely stuff, thanks @guypjfreak! That's everything I think! What time do people tend to start rolling in on Tuesday night?

I try to get there 2/3 pm then I have time to say hi wander around abit sort things out with my friend then... And it's only happened once.. Try and get some sleep.. But usually by the time I've chilled out things start happening and I'll might be crossing to the other que collecting tents or chairs etc.. That way I drive it all in and then the equipment can be got to row mead ASAP.. 

Don't forget that they have a mini bus shuttle.. I know I have a van but some of the stuff people take is off the scale lol.. This year my van will be empty as I have my granddaughter's stuff to take in.. She got CP and will need alot of stuff.. 

If I was you I'd get banded 

Get your tent in and set up then catch the bus shuttle back out.. If its good weather you can put your stuff on the bus and they'll have it waiting for you while you walk back in.. 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Now this is where we should be able to upvote you, congratulations 🙂 

yeah its brill wife said shed only support and help me if i'd was in the accessible field. anywhere else would make the whole thing too difficult.